Ratings for Dr. Maria Chow

I will miss Dr Chow and her humor. She has helped my Husband and I through many illnesses and was always right.Once you got to know her she was fabulous!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

I am very sorry to hear that Dr. Chow has left practice. I really liked her as my Dr.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

I am not surprised by the comments relating to Dr. Chow's practice. I too, saw Dr Chow for over 8 years and developed nothing but frustration and confusion every time I left her office. And oh yes, she is obsessed with weight and she does think more of the 4 legged species. I being a nurse, was appaulled by her knowledge of medicine. The only time she ever took my blood pressure was when it was for pre-op. Being on LTD she still thinks I am capable to return to work. I am 64. No compassion with this woman. She thinks we should all be like her. Rude judgemental and disinterested with your concerns. I have a new Dr. Now.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Ive had this doctor for 5 years... Ive always found she was rude and judgemental with most of my visits. Its hard to be comfortable with a doctor when it feels she doesnt take you seriously. And I always say thank you and bye when i leave as common courtesy but she never kindly responds and says nothing.. it would be nice if she would acknowledge me.. its disrespectful. Always makes me feel like im just a waste of time, its hard enough looking for another doctor buts its nearly impossible to find one whos taking new patients around here.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I do not understand why this person is practicing medicine! I have had to see her when my doctor was away and she doesn't really seem to listen or check your file. My husband had to see her once and she had the someone else's chart but when my husband told her he had none of the problems she was referring to and his doctor had never mentioned any of them she responded that it was on the chart. More or less dismissed it.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

This doctor is off in left field. I have a condition that leaves me weak and tired. I have gone from very active and productive, to, " getting out of bed, is a good day." For several years, I have attempted to have her explore my symptoms and solve this debilitating illness. I am 45 pounds heavier as a result of my illness, and now all I get is, "You're tired because of your weight." I find her very exasperating, and trying to employ another doctor in this town is impossible 《so far》 as long as one has a current doctor.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

I have seen Dr. Chow for the last 8 years. She has listened well, asked the right questions and made correct diagnoses. She takes the amount of time required to address all issues without ever rushing me out the door because we might be going "over time". My daughter lives with a rare disability. Dr. Chow is her doctor as well. Dr. Chow researched my daughter's disorder and is able to provide excellent advice and make the necessary referrals. I highly recommend Dr. Chow.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I had to see her when my regular doctor was busy. The clinic was unusually quiet, and she was on time. She was kind and throughout, and to the point. Told me since the pain was accosiates in my appendix area, and if it got worse, to do emerg asap, and sent me for tests. I didn't even have a chance for the tests. Emerg confirmed her concerns.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

We been with Dr chow since my daughter was born she is never on time and very useless when it come to my kids. So happy we found an amazing Dr in Nanaimo

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

The staff is fantastic. However Dr. Chow is always late for appointments often up to an hour past the scheduled time. She does listen to concerns and often sends me for further tests but doesn't seem particularly knowledgeable and often prescribes medicine just to see if it might work instead of getting to the root of the problem. She has never commented negatively about my weight and I could stand to lose a few pounds so I can only assume those complaining about her focus on their weight are indeed overweight to the point where it's detrimental to their health. She's not a bad doctor for general problems but isn't so great with more in depth medical issues.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014