Ratings for Dr. Allan Tan

If you want to be molly coddled and patted on the head hire a fool to be your dummy. Dr. Tan is nobody's fool and he doesn't have time to be bothered with baby's and fakers. I'm a 45 year old Canadian guy and he's the only Doctor that put me in check with my hyper tension and diabetes type 2. He may not be polite sometimes but he knows his stuff concerning latest medications, studies and information to keep you alive and he saved my life. That's good enough for me, I'm not looking for a friend to hand hold me, I'm looking for a competent and no BS medical professional who will get me well. Dr. Tan is it.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

I went through dr. Tan for few times at MCI Clinic toronto, during 2012-1014 ,but his rude behaviour made me more sick. Neither he was ready to address my problem nor was ready to refer me. all he was saying was," you have nothing something headache, sometimes stomach ache blah blah blah'"... but why he didn't understand that a single disease/ disorder can have multiple symptoms. So, I had to be very strong to ask him to refer me to GI specialist then he showed his angry attitude but finally sent the referral. Later, I was diagnosed with Diverticula in my colon. So, I personally don't recommend this doctor at all.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Curious experience at The Doctor’s Office in the Atrium. Only a couple of patients ahead of me when I got there, but still took over an hour to be seen. Staff were professional, but it felt like they didn’t want to be there, let alone have to answer any questions. Dr. Tan, a soft-spoken fellow with a rather dry wit, examined me reasonably thoroughly and ordered a test for my condition. If you can get past a little unsettling bedside manner and off the cuff remarks to your questions and concerns, Dr. Tan should provide you the care you need on your visit.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Absolutely disgraceful. Doesn't acknowledge you, greet you or give a care about your conditions. If you tell him your symptoms he'll deny they exist. Goes on an endless rant about how terrible the Canadian healthcare system is

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Worst doctor ever. Im a young women going into adult hood. Ive asked him to repeat several time because I wasnt able to understand him. He mumbles WAAY tooo much. He then starts yelling at me! He doesnt bother looking at you, or check your vital signs. Honestly once I go back to atrium bay do pros office, im requesting to never see him

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Extremely impersonal. Does not look at you or ask you how you are feeling. Mumbles to you as you speak about what's going on. Overall, extremely disappointed in this physician.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Tan is not knowledgeable at all. I was very painingful at clinic, but he said "you are ok, nothing wrong." He only spent about 10 mins with us, and won't talk with me anymore because of line up too long. Most of time he made me feel like an idiot.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

I'm afraid I agree with many of the reviews that say Dr. Tan lacks both knowledge courtesy and compassion. He misdiagnosed both me and my husband in regards to a rash we had both developed saying it was an allergic reaction. How do two people get the same allergic reaction at the same time? Turned out it was scabies (which I had mentioned but he dismissed) and we suffered with it for three additional weeks - I would say find another doctor if at all possible.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Not only was he nice, he knows his stuff. I got my results read to me with explanations i could understand and the compassion i really appreciated

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

he is doctor and people should not brag about him.. as I read the comments.. he was pleasant doctor with smile and helping me with my symptoms and diagnosis and prognosis..

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015