Ratings for Dr. Michael Raabe

Dr. Raabe did a double bypass surgery on me on June6, 2016. He and his team did an excellent job. He is very good at what he does because he is professional, caring, understanding and prepares you very well for the procedure and expected outcomes. For the first three weeks I was very weak, but was told not to allow depression to come in, because things would improve after a while. After two months I was back doing physical work as usual and feeling good.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

Dr Raabe did a valve replacement on me. The first time I met him he made me feel at ease. He made me feel like my operation was nonproblem and he oozes with confidence. His team all think he is the best...I had wonderful care at St B from all the staff...nurses and support staff. I was an extremely nervous patient and feel the wait was much worse than the actual operation. Go to Dr Raab e with confidence.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

I had a very good experience under his care. He did one of the most number of grafts as far as I know. He did septuple bypass on me and he made it looks so easy. He's very caring, kind and approachable. He is so good that despite having septuple bypass I was able to stand up the next day and out of the hospital on the sixth day. Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

He performed a triple bypass on me. The other reviewers are right. He is a caring , knowledgeable and personable doctor. He made an unpleasant experience as pleasant as possible.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

My sister had a double bypass operation done by this wonderful surgeon. His manner was caring, and his skill and knowledge exceptional. His patients feel like he sees them as human beings deserving of respect . His staff was equally caring and compassionate. Her recovery has been wonderful. This man is a true healer; a prince of Kos.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Skilled and respectful surgeon working with a great cardiac team at St Boniface,

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Had Dr. Rabbe for a triple by pass and valve replacement. Very knowledgeable Dr. and great surgeon. Very approachable and caring Dr. One of the best!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2012

My father had a ruptured aortic dissection 1 week ago and had less than a 10% chance of survival. Dr. Raabe was swift, extremely knowledgable and really comforted my father before emergency surgery. He is confident, meticulous and has a wonderful calming effect on our entire family after such a rollercoaster experience. We couldn't have asked for a better surgeon and he saved our family from a great loss.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Dr. Mike Raabe is an amazing cardiovascular surgeon. My husband was extremely fortunate to have this surgeon perform quad. bypass surgery and save his life. Caring,compassionate, and meticulous best describe Mike's approach to his patients. The pre-op care and post op follow up were excellent. He took the time to answer all of our questions and explained all procedures in detail. After speaking with nurses and other staff on the ward, it became very clear that Dr. Raabe is the best cardiac surgeon at the St.Boniface Hospital and we sure lucked out when he agreed to take my husband's case. We will forever be eternally grateful for this very well respected surgeon and we would highly recommend him to anyone needing heart surgery.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Aortic dissection, usually a death sentence. But wait, its Doctor Raab showing up at 1am for 14 hours of life saving surgery. Everything you read here is true. The guy is super-human.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010