Ratings for Dr. Kim Martin

My husband and I were seeing her. I mentioned that my brother had HepC; was there anything we should be aware of and/or do for us/him. She looked at me with a very cold and blank stare, stated to be 'wary' .. *Haven't seen her since .. ?! Now we're WARY of her. Unsure of a possible HepC doctor (untenable); or possible Diabetic .. ?! We will be getting a HepC test stat, for her also extreme reaction to a simple question .. EEK.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Dr. Martin has been my family Dr for over 12 years, and for my daughters full 11 years of life. She is not rude, but to the point, and I trust her. She does not prescribe medications you don't need and if she can't assist she refers to a Dr who can. She is also the best Dr at giving needles I have ever seen. I think some of the other comments are unfair and rude.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

She's incredibly rude. I can't emphasize enough how dismissive and cold she is. I'm all for getting to the point and cutting the chit chat, but any visit I've had with her has been completely demoralizing, and left me feeling stupid, and with more questions than answers. Simply the worst medical professional I've ever come across - stay away from this woman.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Dr Martin should not be allowed to hold a medical license in BC or anywhere else. She is rude, dismissive, lacking in knowledge and extremely uncaring. I had the misfortune of seeing her in the Park and Tilford medical clinic where I have always had good experiences. She refused to take a culture of my son's throat, dismissing it as a viral infection. She could barley bring herself to touch him to do a proper exam, looked at his throat for 2 seconds, and dismissed us even though he described his sore throat as a 9/10 and is not a child who complains. I had a similar experience with her a year before and vowed to walk out if I ever got her again. I wish that I had left and gone to another clinic when I found out she was the doctor on duty, but it was my only day off and I really needed to have my son looked at. I think it is very scary that a woman who is so clearly sick with a serious psychological disorder, is permitted to diagnose and make recommendations to people regarding their health and well-being, when she clearly is too sick to deal with her own. After suffering the last few days and missing school, he returned to the clinic today and is now on antibiotics for his nasty throat infection after finally seeing a competent Doctor who knows how to properly diagnose and treat sick people. No matter how desperate you are, do not risk your health or waste your time seeing Dr. Martin.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Dr. kim Martin missed my father's lung cancer years before it could have been treated and possibly saved his life and given him more years to live or maybe live his life out to be an old man. She said he had COPD because of a xray that she ordered and blamed it on his past of smoking. He did not have COPD. Gave him and inhaler and sent him on his way. Years later he ended up sucking on the inhaler's believing that he had COPD, but ended up having lung,stomach and intestinal cancer tumour's that were incurable. My dad went to another doctor after complaining of extreme pain in his back shoulder..Dr.kim Martin kept telling him to get a massage..He got a second opinion and the new Doctor sent him for a full x-ray right away. The next day he was told he was pretty much done and didn't have much time left. My father died less than a year later at 56 years of age. This should have been avoided, if he would have a family doctor that gave a *** about her patients he might still be alive today. Many your loved one too. Did I mention that during these years she prescribed my mother so many anti-depressants and got her hooked on clonzapam for over 15years...up to 100 pills at a time. My mother has issue with alcohol, like come on...recipe for overdose. Currently my mother has so many health issues due to the medications that she clearly prescribes without even sending for tests...she ends up in the hospital showing the RN's all her meds prescribed and they warn her that she should stop taking this one and never be on that one...this one is making you go blind etc. The latest is my mom has a hard mass in her stomach (probably hernia but who knows) undiagnosed. She told my mom to do sit ups!!!! WTF. My mom also had diabetes and it went undiagnosed for years....Come on I'm over this woman and I'm ready to do something...please email me if you would like to come together and get this woman to stop being anyone's Doctor!!! Jennifer_rose@Hotmail.ca..Thanks and sorry to anyone that has had the unfortunate displeasure of having this woman in yours or your loved ones life. Jenn

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Complete nightmare she gave my mum medicine without even listening to what was wrong, my mum had a horrible reaction and has still not recovered...NEVER VISIT ANY CLINIC SHE IS IN!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

I finally set up a rate your md account. This Dr. should not be allowed to practice.She looks like she has anorexia and is rude. She looks down on you with her attitude.I had to see her twice when my doctor was not available and would not go to her if I was on my death bed. She misdiagnosed me and as a result I missed several days of work and she had the nerve to comment about my weight.I am not fat but probably could lose a bit of weight.I see her running early in the morning in the dark probably cause she fears patients will see her .She is nothing but skin and bones and her face is sunken in.If she has anorexia that means she is not mentally capable to make proper recommendations on some else's health care .The reason she has no wait time and accepts new patients is because she keeps losing patients.Do not go to her .

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

This lady is rude. How she continues to practice blows my mind. I simply requested an allergy test due to symptoms after certain foods and she told me to "just stop eating foods that give you symptoms". Told me that she'd give my number to a specialist and nothing ever came of it. A friend of mine left the clinic in tears after Kim called her overweight during an unrelated visit. I would never recommend this woman as a doctor. Extremely unkind, unprofessional and unreliable. Nothing positive about my visit. Disgusted that she still has her licence to practice medicine.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

The most rude and least helpful human I have ever spoken to... I have seen her twice at a walk in clinic and have left feeling horrible about myself both times. I had/have been having sleeping problems because of my anxiety after my mother died and ahe very dismissive and told me to go for a jog.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Only rated this doctor as 1 because there is no zero. Horrendous experience. If I were her receptionist, I'd shoot myself!! Awful hateful woman!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015