You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Kim Martin

Dr. Martin has been my family Dr for over 12 years, and for my daughters full 11 years of life. She is not rude, but to the point, and I trust her. She does not prescribe medications you don't need and if she can't assist she refers to a Dr who can. She is also the best Dr at giving needles I have ever seen. I think some of the other comments are unfair and rude.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

She's incredibly rude. I can't emphasize enough how dismissive and cold she is. I'm all for getting to the point and cutting the chit chat, but any visit I've had with her has been completely demoralizing, and left me feeling stupid, and with more questions than answers. Simply the worst medical professional I've ever come across - stay away from this woman.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Dr Martin should not be allowed to hold a medical license in BC or anywhere else. She is rude, dismissive, lacking in knowledge and extremely uncaring. I had the misfortune of seeing her in the Park and Tilford medical clinic where I have always had good experiences. She refused to take a culture of my son's throat, dismissing it as a viral infection. She could barley bring herself to touch him to do a proper exam, looked at his throat for 2 seconds, and dismissed us even though he described his sore throat as a 9/10 and is not a child who complains. I had a similar experience with her a year before and vowed to walk out if I ever got her again. I wish that I had left and gone to another clinic when I found out she was the doctor on duty, but it was my only day off and I really needed to have my son looked at. I think it is very scary that a woman who is so clearly sick with a serious psychological disorder, is permitted to diagnose and make recommendations to people regarding their health and well-being, when she clearly is too sick to deal with her own. After suffering the last few days and missing school, he returned to the clinic today and is now on antibiotics for his nasty throat infection after finally seeing a competent Doctor who knows how to properly diagnose and treat sick people. No matter how desperate you are, do not risk your health or waste your time seeing Dr. Martin.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Dr. kim Martin missed my father's lung cancer years before it could have been treated and possibly saved his life and given him more years to live or maybe live his life out to be an old man. She said he had COPD because of a xray that she ordered and blamed it on his past of smoking. He did not have COPD. Gave him and inhaler and sent him on his way. Years later he ended up sucking on the inhaler's believing that he had COPD, but ended up having lung,stomach and intestinal cancer tumour's that were incurable. My dad went to another doctor after complaining of extreme pain in his back shoulder..Dr.kim Martin kept telling him to get a massage..He got a second opinion and the new Doctor sent him for a full x-ray right away. The next day he was told he was pretty much done and didn't have much time left. My father died less than a year later at 56 years of age. This should have been avoided, if he would have a family doctor that gave a *** about her patients he might still be alive today. Many your loved one too. Did I mention that during these years she prescribed my mother so many anti-depressants and got her hooked on clonzapam for over 15years...up to 100 pills at a time. My mother has issue with alcohol, like come on...recipe for overdose. Currently my mother has so many health issues due to the medications that she clearly prescribes without even sending for tests...she ends up in the hospital showing the RN's all her meds prescribed and they warn her that she should stop taking this one and never be on that one...this one is making you go blind etc. The latest is my mom has a hard mass in her stomach (probably hernia but who knows) undiagnosed. She told my mom to do sit ups!!!! WTF. My mom also had diabetes and it went undiagnosed for years....Come on I'm over this woman and I'm ready to do something...please email me if you would like to come together and get this woman to stop being anyone's Doctor!!! Jennifer_rose@Hotmail.ca..Thanks and sorry to anyone that has had the unfortunate displeasure of having this woman in yours or your loved ones life. Jenn

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Complete nightmare she gave my mum medicine without even listening to what was wrong, my mum had a horrible reaction and has still not recovered...NEVER VISIT ANY CLINIC SHE IS IN!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

I finally set up a rate your md account. This Dr. should not be allowed to practice.She looks like she has anorexia and is rude. She looks down on you with her attitude.I had to see her twice when my doctor was not available and would not go to her if I was on my death bed. She misdiagnosed me and as a result I missed several days of work and she had the nerve to comment about my weight.I am not fat but probably could lose a bit of weight.I see her running early in the morning in the dark probably cause she fears patients will see her .She is nothing but skin and bones and her face is sunken in.If she has anorexia that means she is not mentally capable to make proper recommendations on some else's health care .The reason she has no wait time and accepts new patients is because she keeps losing patients.Do not go to her .

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

This lady is rude. How she continues to practice blows my mind. I simply requested an allergy test due to symptoms after certain foods and she told me to "just stop eating foods that give you symptoms". Told me that she'd give my number to a specialist and nothing ever came of it. A friend of mine left the clinic in tears after Kim called her overweight during an unrelated visit. I would never recommend this woman as a doctor. Extremely unkind, unprofessional and unreliable. Nothing positive about my visit. Disgusted that she still has her licence to practice medicine.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

The most rude and least helpful human I have ever spoken to... I have seen her twice at a walk in clinic and have left feeling horrible about myself both times. I had/have been having sleeping problems because of my anxiety after my mother died and ahe very dismissive and told me to go for a jog.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

There is a reason this doctor still has vacancies for new patients. I totally agree with the negative comment below. I have never been so insulted and shocked at a doctors rudeness and lack of humanity. She was extremely judgemental, and incredibly harsh. I barely had the opportunity to interrupt her flow of insults. We had never met before. My grown daughter and I were hoping to register with her as we still have no doctor here on the north shore. Our immediate comments to eachother were "there is absolutely no way I would ever see her again". I have to admit, when I first saw her in the clinic as she passed by, I felt sorry for her as I assumed she was an anorexia patient. She is the most malnourished person I have ever seen. And she is a doctor in the health field?! Seriously. If there was a petition to have her struck off; I'd be the first to sign it. Terrible experience. Please don't subject yourself to this torture. It's very upsetting. She should be ashamed of her conduct!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Dr. Kim Martin's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Martin has been my family Dr for over 12 years, and for my daughters full 11 years of life. She is not rude, but to the point, and I trust her. She does not..."

May 11, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "She's incredibly rude. I can't emphasize enough how dismissive and cold she is. I'm all for getting to the point and cutting the chit chat, but any visit I've..."

May 6, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Martin should not be allowed to hold a medical license in BC or anywhere else. She is rude, dismissive, lacking in knowledge and extremely uncaring. I had t..."

April 7, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. kim Martin missed my father's lung cancer years before it could have been treated and possibly saved his life and given him more years to live or maybe live..."

March 25, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Complete nightmare she gave my mum medicine without even listening to what was wrong, my mum had a horrible reaction and has still not recovered...NEVER VISIT A..."

March 9, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I finally set up a rate your md account. This Dr. should not be allowed to practice.She looks like she has anorexia and is rude. She looks down on you with her ..."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "This lady is rude. How she continues to practice blows my mind. I simply requested an allergy test due to symptoms after certain foods and she told me to "just ..."

February 1, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The most rude and least helpful human I have ever spoken to... I have seen her twice at a walk in clinic and have left feeling horrible about myself both times...."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Only rated this doctor as 1 because there is no zero. Horrendous experience. If I were her receptionist, I'd shoot myself!! Awful hateful woman! "

December 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "There is a reason this doctor still has vacancies for new patients. I totally agree with the negative comment below. I have never been so insulted and shocked a..."

December 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Oh my dr Martin is simply the rudest and coldest dr I have ever dealt with. You can tell the positive comments below are written by her, because she keeps elud..."

November 16, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Desperately seeking another doctor. Misdiagnosed a tumour-had me on a wait list one year for imaging. Dismissing - does not follow up serious concerns. Doesn..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Rude, condescending, and severely lacking in knowledge. This woman has no business helping others when she cannot even help herself, as she clearly has an eati..."

August 4, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "She's thorough, and to the point. Not one for chit chat, but she does her job well. I'd rather a doc that keeps me healthy than one that gabs. "

July 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Punctual, always, attentive, caring, smart, thorough an knowledgable"

July 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Martin has been my family doctor about 15 years now. I find her to be professional and thorough. If you are looking for a doctor who will give you support..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Martin has been extremely helpful over the 2 years I have seen her, and she is amazingly observant. She doesn't like small talk much, which may make her see..."

June 29, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.implantperio.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "V7G1" to "V7C 5L9". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 800-6091 Gilbert Rd". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16042709088".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Saw her at a walk in clinic for a female issue. I told her that I was taking meds for high blood pressure. She prescribed me two sets of meds which are not..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr Martin 3 times and am desperately looking for a new doctor. I'm not sure what her health issue regarding weight is, but she seems to think that e..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I went today to see Dr Martin for the first time with my toddler daughter. She did not make eye contact with me once and didn't even acknowledge my daughter. ..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I appreciate that she is always on schedule, I have never had to wait long. She has made some inappropriate comments related to weight."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I don't normally write reviews but I was treated so terribly I felt compelled to. I went in to see Dr. Martin for insessint back pain and head pain, which is un..."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Wow I guess I am not the only one who was treated like total carp by this dr. She interupted me twice, got impatient when I explained my problem, and then insis..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Kim Martin is amazing and cares for her patients. I recently took my Mother to see her and she got her on to a Surgeon immediately. It was of great importanc..."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Martin has been my family doctor for years. She has always been kind and helpful. Excellent at her job. I would highly recommend her."

November 20, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "We recently moved to North Vancouver and were warned not to go to Dr. Martin for the reasons below. However, for convenience and wanting to form my own opinion ..."

September 16, 2014