Ratings for Dr. Shari Caplan

Dr Shari Caplan is a live saver! If you are having issues with hormone balance she is the one to see!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2020

I am a physician and have seen some of her patients that she follows. Be warned- the medical advice she has given these patient is complete BS and she charges a fortune for tests and pills for things that are not medically indicated. She is not evidence or science based, I really feel strongly that she is running a scam operation!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2019

Dr Shari Caplin is a phenomenal physician! I have been seeing her for many years. I have always respected her knowledge and always felt reassured by this. She continues to update her skills and has emphasized with me especially the idea of managing stress. I highly recommend her and thank her and her staff for their kindness , efficiency and professionalism. G. Poirier

flag | Submitted November 5, 2019

Dr. Shari Caplan has been my Doctor for many years. She is incredibly knowledgeable and keeps abreast of what is going on in the industry. She doesn't just push pills, For her it is about health. She is understanding, smart and kind. The clinic is beautiful. She services are awesome. The fitness classes are a must.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2019

Dr Caplan is a wonderful and caring physician. She has been especially helpful to me as I have recently been faced with an unfortunate medical challenge. Both she and her staff have been most helpful in arranging timely follow up and have been thoroughly involved in my recovery. She also does offer a unique perspective on integrative medicine which is an added plus when conventional treatment comes up short as it does at times.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Dr. Caplan is always eager to help look deeper into what's going on and has laid out an entire plan for me based on my issues. I feel like for the first time someone is listening to me, found all the reasons I feel unwell and crafted a true map to fix it, glad I found her!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

I’ve been a patient of Dr. Caplan for many years, and every time I see her I feel re-assured and encouraged; all my worries go away, as I entirely trust her professional opinion. Dr. Caplan is a professional who never stops upgrading her skills, and she is on top on all updates in research and healthcare studies. I am really impressed how thorough Dr. Caplan is with her examinations, how much attention she pays to all the details that indicate the health condition of the body. I’m so impressed with her holistic approach and focus on prevention. I know that if I need a medical advice or referral, there is no better source than Dr. Caplan. She has a great network of specialists she referrers her patients to. For all these years of being a patient of Dr. Caplan, I felt so fortunate, as I feel that I am very well looked after, I am in a very secure place, as I have Dr. Caplan as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Started seeing Dr. Caplan around 2002. At the time, I found her somewhat aloof and always late for appointments, but was competent, kind and didn't push for unnecessary tests or medication. Ten years later, things changed. I had just started a new medication that she prescribed and came in with concerns about the side effects (very rapid weight gain). She dismisses these concerns, not believing that they were connected to the drugs. Instead, she told me I should stop "binge eating". She also referred me to a nutritionist (not a registered dietitian), who mostly pushed expensive vitamins. Dr Caplan lost my trust, and after she switched to this new practice, I refuse to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr. Shari Caplan has been my family doctor since I was a teen. She's very punctual and I never feel rushed when I'm talking to her. She is an amazing doctor and has helped me through my medical issues. No matter what is happening with my health, I always feel better after seeing her, because I trust her! She's very knowledgeable in her field. I highly recommend Dr. Caplan!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

I can’t thank Dr. Shari Caplan enough for all she has done for me! I've been a patient of Dr. Caplan’s for more than 18 years. She delivered our son 17 years ago and then helped us conceive and deliver our beautiful daughter (now 11) through a wonderful fertility program in downtown Toronto (all covered by OHIP). Since then, Dr. Caplan has changed the face of her practice. She now incorporates integrative medicine, wellness, anti-aging, medically supervised weight loss, holistic nutrition and fitness into her practice. Her new facilities (Vitality MD on Avenue Road) are beautiful — and yes, most of this comes at a cost — to her and her patients. However, never have I been so appreciative of her practice then when I was involved in a car accident a month before Christmas. After having a CT-Scan at North York General Hospital that cleared me of any internal bleeding or fractures, I was sent home to rest and recover. Left with a concussion and whiplash, I went to see Dr. Caplan. She recommended a series of vitamins, supplements and a neuro-steroid to support my brain health as it recovers. Yes, there was a small cost. But the good news — I’m feeling a whole lot better. I go to physiotherapy twice a week and continue to take her supplements. I can’t thank Dr. Caplan enough for all she has done — and I’m on my way to a full and complete recovery.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr. Shari Caplan's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.