Ratings for Dr. Thomas G. Hannam

Dr. Hannam and the HFC team are a true blessing! He is kind, caring and compassionate. We've done 3 IVF cycles to bank embryos and he's adjusted his protocol each time to ensure an optimal outcome. I use the term optimal because our success is defined by our particular case and limitations. Dr. Hannam never compares us to others. His optimism, personal care and attention to detail is second to none. Anyone suffering from infertility would be lucky to have him as their doctor. He takes the time to explain things in detail and answers all questions with a degree of honesty that we find refreshing. Our infertility case is particularly difficult and Dr. Hannam hasn't made us feel bad about it. He continues to be our advocate and cheerleader on this journey. His nurses, Kimi, Carly and Karly, are so wonderful to deal with. Yes, it might take them a day to get back to you for things that aren't urgent but they get back to you with answers. Infertility is a crap shoot and having a team like this is a true blessing. We actually look forward to the long drive from Ottawa because we get to see the nurses, Bernadette in phlebotomy, Victoria and the fabulous latino (amazing ultrasound techs), and the lovely people at reception that greet you with a smile. From the moment you walk off the elevators you are treated with utmost care. Wade, the OR nurse is absolutely wonderful! He's so friendly and great at his job, which is exactly what you need when your nerves get the better of you right before egg retrieval. I hope we get to meet again! I honestly can't say enough good things about Dr. Hannam and his team. To those that have had a negative experience, I caution you that you get out of the process what you put into it. If you approach every situation/conversation with hostility or entitlement, you won't get the best out of anyone or anything. I have personally seen the staff experience disrespectful treatment by patients. It's deplorable! Infertility is an awful thing to deal with and there's no reason to take your frustrations out on the team that is caring for you. Yes, they really do care about!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Dr. Hannam is incredibly knowledgeable and compassionate. He is also a straight shooter - which was very welcome given the issues we are dealing with. After 3 years of disappointment using a different clinic, I am happy to have finally had my first child under the care of Dr. Hannam. I am looking forward to trying for a second.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2019

Money money money is all that it is for this doctor. Keeps on pushing me to do IVF and other unnecessary tests that costs thousands of dollars. I had to go to a different clinic because I just can’t afford IVF. Guess what? I got pregnant in a medicated IUI cycle at a different clinic. I am glad I got a second opinion, a doctor that my friend recommended. I am glad I didn’t waste time and money at this clinic.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2019

Hannam Fertility Clinic have been amazing. I have done 8 rounds of IVF before I found them and I wish it happened sooner. Dr Hannam is so lovely and completely nonjudgmental. His staff are incredibly professional. I was with 3 other fertility clinics before this one.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2018

Very unethical and arrogant doctor. He cancelled my cycle just before retrieval because I complained his staff and questioned his recommendations, even he knew that I invested all the money I have to this IVF and likely this is the last chance in my life to get pregnant. This clinic is quite disorganized and truly money driven. I learned to apply my own judgement on my IVF process due to frequent sales attempt and doctor's unqualified decisions. I have a strong feeling that Dr. Hannam is the kind of doctor that has strong professional skills, able to help you if he wants; but may doesn't like to see his clients become knowledgeable or even challenge his decisions or dare to complain against his staff. Even a slight disagreement could drive him to be extreme arrogance or defensive, and makes very immoral decisions to revenge you. Be care with him. Plenty of nice doctors elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

Going through infertility is lonely and terrifying . Dr. Hannam and his team make the process much more manageable. I went through IVF with this clinic and the staff could not have done enough to help me feel more comfortable. They always answered all my questions very quickly. Dr Hannam also called me directly and provided excellent advice regarding a very difficult situation. Dr Hannam is not only brilliant in his field, he is actually a kind and caring human being. Any procedures so far have been painless and with an easy recovery when applicable. I am truly grateful for Dr Hannam and his clinic. Without their support, encouragement and compassion, I would have given up by now. Yes this clinic is expensive, but if you are able to afford the prices it’s 100% worth it. Believe me, I have done my research. There is a reason the IVF government funding wait is long here, Dr Hannam is the best in the city, if not in Canada. If you are reading this because you are looking for a RE, I am truly sorry you are going through this. Rest assured, if you go with Dr Hannam you are truly in the best hands.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2018

Dr. Hannam is an amazing doctor. He shows up to every appointment prepared and he is beyond knowledgeable. My husband & I both feel as though we are his only patients simply because of the amount of support and personalized information he gives us at each appointment.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

My husband and I have been trying to start a family for 5 years . I came to Dr.Hannam as second opinion from MSH. I was already very educated in my case and the IVF terminology which made me harder to impress since . His honesty and no sugar coating anything is one thing I appreciates the most ! He didn’t give me false hopes but instead gave me solutions to my very difficult case . Never made me feel different or special , took his time to explain everything. The nurses are phenomenal! Tonia my personal case nurse got back to me same day always with an answer to my questions/ concerns . The u/s tech Daniel amazing always made me feel comfortable. And the Philippina nurses that took my blood every single morning ! Absolutely amazing ! Don’t waste your anywhere else ! Currently 3.5 pregnant !

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

The best fertility specialist in Canada. He is current and deeply knowledgeable in all the most advanced practices and technologies that show promise in this challenging field. He is a sensitive and compassionate practitioner easy to connect with, and his technique is flawless. He is a perfectionist and will take the time to ensure that your drug dosages, the transfer process and everything in between is at a place where it can't possibly be improved upon. If he can't help you, it can't be done.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

I emailed the clinic a week ago to set up an appointment after a failed cycle elsewhere. After a few days when I did not hear back, I called the clinic and left my details. Still no call back. That's too bad, especially considering that I am grieving and really wanting to focus on next steps. An email or phone call after a week of an inquiry should have come my way. If this is a reflection of their response time when I am a patient I might have to go elsewhere. Too bad, because now I have a poor opinion of Dr Hannam and I have not even met him.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018