Ratings for Dr. Leah Norgrove

Although punctuality does weigh heavily on this website, you have to consider that if you really need those extra few minutes discussing something with your doctor, she will do it. She will not kick you out the door "time's up" if there is any doubt regarding next steps etc. Her staff are very knowledgeable and are tasked with delivering messages - this saves you time where you don't need to make an appointment! Fiona has spent so much time with me on the phone going over this or that. I have been going through an ICBC related issue and it being my first time at that rodeo, I am so glad that Dr. Norgrove and staff know what they're doing and can hold my hand through the process. She has paired me with the right specialists based on circumstances and what I am going through. They are empathetic to my situation and very helpful. I would say she is a well-connected doctor, which is very helpful in this city. Her knowledge base is very broad and when she doesn't know the answers, she will find them or someone who can. The punctuality is a point of contention though and does make it difficult to find time to come in when you're taking time off from work. I have to bank overtime to make appointments with her, and given the injuries I'm trying to get in about, I really cannot stand a minute over the 8h work day.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr. Norgrove has been my family's GP for more than 15 years. She usually runs 20 to 45 minutes behind. Her MOA Fiona, oversteps her role continually, giving medical advice over the phone for life threatening conditions. However, the specialist Dr. Norgrove refers you to are excellent . What is disappointing about Dr. Norgrove is that she can be an good GP. yet about 60% of the time she is not. You never know from one appointment to the next what kind of mood you will find her in. She has proved continually to be a terrible diagnostician yet is adamant about her diagnoses and can be very bitchy if you disagree with her. This causes patients with serious medical conditions to have to advocate fiercely on their own behalf. When later it is revealed that Dr. Norgrove was in fact wrong in her diagnosis, she never acknowledges it or apologizes for her bad behavior. This has happened so many time to myself and members of my family that I am often reluctant to go see her preferring to take my chances at a walk in clinic. If it wasn't impossible to find another doctor I would have changed years ago.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Usually have to wait for appointments, but she is thorough and I never feel rushed. Getting in to see her at helmken clinic is a problem- she has other practices that appear to take priority over her GP status.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Dr. Norgrove has been my physician for over 20 years. I've had GP's in several provinces prior to moving to Victoria and Dr. Norgrove is easily the best I've come across. She's a good listener, provides thoughtful comments and her advice and comments have been very helpful so far. When she's had to research a few issues, she's gotten back quickly with the results. She's also called me at home over a couple of issues and has shown concern and empathy throughout. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her as a general practitioner.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Norgrove for over 20years. My biggest complaint is her receptionist Fiona. The wait times are terrible and i have had to answer to my employer many times. I find that i hold off booking an appt because of the length of time i need to be away from work. I have complained about this to Fiona in the past and now i believe i am labeled as a problem due to a sarcastic remark made recently by Dr Norgrove. I recently found Dr Norgrove "cranky" and she seemed annoyed with my questions/ comment. I see her about once or twice a year so i am not a complainer. I even caught her rolling her eyes at a request. Am i not allowed a voice when it comes to my care? I don't usually have an issue with Dr Norgrove but now feel that my relationship with her is compromised - could this be due to her staff - i wonder?

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

Norgrove was once the best GP in the city. While she's committed to her palliative care patients,she's inconsistent in her general practice. She routinely runs 35 min behind. When I've come to her with a medical condition, I find her moody and inconsistent. She neglects to examine me physically, preferring instead to hear about it verbally. She can be dismissive of the condition, or she can be helpful. There is no predicting it. It's hard to fit a appointment into my work schedule; if Norgrove is in a bad mood, it will take several appointments with her, to get treatment. I have friends who are also patients of hers and they all have similar complaints. While she can be compassionate, one can also have the opposite experience with her—where she doesn’t listen,isn’t compassionate,and doesn’t want to treat the condition. This is especially true if, a)your medical issue is physical and b)it is a condition she hasn't experienced herself.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

Dr. Norgrove, although great to treat you for why you came in, only treats you on the one issue. To add, she is never there, so I find it difficult to have a good relationship with my doctor.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2013

Dr Norgrove used to be an excellant GP. She would be a lot better if she actually was in the office occasionally. I think she spends too much time abroad,and not enough time with her practice. She is no longer my GP as she is always out of the country. What good is she to her patients when she is Never there.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

Dr. Norgrove is phenomenal. She is kind, compassionate, extremely knowledgeable and professional. I consider myself incredibly fortunate to have her as my GP.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

I love this doctor. I just would like more info on how my meds and herbal/vitamins interact with each other. I should have been advised that my calcium pills are canceled out by my metformin etc. I should be required to take tests regarding my kidneys and heart each year due to my high blood pressure, but I am never asked to do so.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011