Ratings for Dr. Nahed Mishriki

If I had not had the same doctor for 18 years until she retired and I had to switch to Dr. Mishriki I probably would have been OK with how she treated me as a patient. But I have never felt so uncomfortable with a Dr. in my life. On my second visit I told her how I had just started dating someone and was interested in birth control. Her response? "Why would you want that?" REALLY? Why would I want to be in charge of my own reproductive health? I practically had to force her to give me a prescription. The third time I saw her was for a rash which I had previously gone to a different emergency clinic to get treated. I went to see Dr. Mishriki as a precaution and when I told her that the other clinic said it was a fungal infection, she laughed and said that they were wrong and gave be some sort of cream to stop itching, never telling me what it really was. Weeks later the original clinic called and told me the results had come back from a test and that their original diagnosis was correct, fungal infection. So now I am left wondering how anybody gets correct diagnoses from this woman. The final nail in the coffin for me was when I saw Dr. Mishriki for a physical and had my first pelvic exam (first ever, not just with her). She didn't tell me anything that she was doing and she proceeded to do a rectal exam with almost no warning. Now I know that she is a doctor so perhaps these tests are routine for her, but she really needs to warn patients about what she is doing when she is doing a personal exam. I left the office feeling extremely violated (even though I know its not the same scenario at all I felt like I had been assaulted) and have never returned. Thank god she recently retired and I never have to feel so disrespected again. I will certainly think more carefully when I choose my next Dr.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I don't know how Dr. Mishriki became a doctor. She is without doubt the most cold and uncaring doctor I have had the misfortune to see. I went to the walk-in clinic because I had been coughing for a few days and had not been able to sleep because of the cough. I know that all my symptoms feels like I am having another bout of bronchitis as I get it about 3x a year. The first thing Dr. Mishriki said to me when she came to the examination room was "Have you been coughing?" No hi or hello or how are you doing? When I said yes, she immediately handed me a mask and asked me to put it on. She herself had a mask on. I proceed to put the mask on but since I was wearing glasses, every time I speak, my glasses would fog up. At one point, I decided to pull the mask from my nose but not totally off my face. Dr. Mishriki then told me to put it back on which I did. After a few more minutes, I did the same thing and she got upset and insisted I put it back on seeing as there are a lot of germs around is what she said. I told her about how I think I have bronchitis and have not been able to sleep because of the coughing. She did not even acknowledge what I said and proceeded to ask if I have asthma. I said I had as a child and she proceeded to prescribe Advair. She also said that my coughing could be caused by the hypertension medication I am on and I should go to my family doctor and have them looked at and changed. I left the clinic feeling I had just wasted my time. After another sleepless night of coughing, I went to another clinic and true enough, I was told I had bronchitis.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

I had a broken arm. The clinic had the x-ray results and she went home without contacting me the day of the results or the day after. I followed up 4 times and had to get in line to see another MD to get my results. Again, the results were a broken arm ( a day later). Absolutely brutal. The staff was (with one exception) absolutely brutal - uncaring and uninterested ("we told you, if there's anything wrong, the doctor will call you"). The arm was broken and required two plates and 5 screws - seems something was wrong.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

I agree with some of the other reviewers that Dr Mishriki is cold and uncaring. The moment she found out that I was peregnant and needed a referral to an OB, her attitude changed and she became quite rude and did not want to spend another minute on my issues. Also during the not so useful annual check up, without saying anything she poked one finger into my axx for 2 seconds! I felt like I was sexually harassed since I never complained anything wrong down there and she never told me she was going to check there! Even today whenever I think about it I still feel very angry!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr. Mishriki has been my doctor for the last 5 years. I find her to be very thorough, empathetic and generous with her time with me. I struggled with fertility issues and she was very supportive, addressed my concerns and provided me with an exceptional referral. She does not dismiss your issues, she always tried to put me at ease. My whole family uses Dr. Mishriki as our family doctor, we are thankful to have her and would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I find her extremely disinterested and just does the bare minimum. When I ask her a follow up question to an important issue from my last visit, she answers haphazardly and usually brushes it aside with a generic explanation. If I don't follow up, she usually doesn't address it even though follow up was required. I get the feeling that she is just going through the motions until her retirement and does not giving a flying fig about being a good doctor or helping managing my health - thank goodness I am generally healthy and only see her once or twice per year for a check up and follow up. If you are someone that is prone to getting ill, or need focused attention with a preexisting condition, I strongly advice you to go see someone else. Oh and forget bringing up any issues to her that doesn't give her a chance to prescribe you more medication or a follow up - she will dismiss your concerns unless she can make more $ off of you.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Too many bad experiences, too many unnecessary visits so her receptionist can scan our OHIP card, and not enough trust that she actually pays attention and makes the best decison for us. We're not happy about the prospect of hunting for a new family doctor, but our experience has never been more than that of a very average walk-in clinic, and we have a great one close to home (so it is already an improvement!). I could not recommend her (and the pratice she works in) less.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I have had many bad experiences with Dr. Mishriki over the years and have finally decided to find a new doctor. During most visits she was late, which I understand can happen and did not feel it was a real issue until my most recent appointment. As I waited in one of the small examination rooms for her, I could actually hear her taking a personal phone call in the next room. The call went on for quite a while and did not sound like anything urgent, just a catch up with a family member - resulting in my appointment starting half an hour late. Not acceptable and not professional. In another recent appointment, she was having computer problems and actually called an IT person in while I was lying on the table, making me feel very uncomfortable. She proceeded to complain about the new computer system and said she may just quit the practice rather than deal with the new system. Again, very unprofessional. Overall I found her completely uncompassionate and would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

Dr. Mishriki was, without a doubt, the worst health care professional I've ever had. I agree with the other posters about her dismissive and unhelpful attitude. My experience is that she performs far too many unnecessary tests, and never misses an opportunity to bill OHIP or the client for services. When I needed help navigating a complex medical issue, she claimed she was unable to help me, as that wasn't her specialty, and would not even refer me to someone else - that would have required some research/effort on her part. Horrible. Simply, horrible.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2013

The only reason I didn't give Dr. Mishriki all 1's is that her referrals are great. If you only see her once a year and don't have any issues, she's fine. But add a cancer scare and/or a high risk pregnancy and she's terrible. Thankfully, her referrals were great and I ended up with the best oncologist and best OB in the country. After one horrid appointment with my newborn (when she was 3 days old), I quickly took my newborn's file to a new doctor and am still on the hunt for a family doctor for me. The reason for my leaving: her uncaring dealing with my scare with breast cancer and her unwillingness to investigate my annual failure of my lung capacity test (I actually heard her conversation with nurse Betty where Betty asked her if she could see me at the end of my appt as she was concerned with my test results and Dr. Mishriki had time between patients - Dr. Mishriki flat out refused to investigate or refer me). I will not return to this cold, uncaring woman.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013