Ratings for Dr. David N. Block

This man is insane, aggressive and a closed- minded Freudian who makes snap judgements (in 20 minutes?) Self- serving man who seriously crosses boundaries (aggressive., confrontational, shaming, invades personal space, etc. and does more harm than good. Needs to retire. Avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

dr block is a informative Dr in his field of specialty, with a characteristic of curiousity that doesn't leave him not open to learning from his what I had to say about my illness that was unique and refreshing to discover as a revisiting patient in his field of practice. My encounter with Dr. Block, although brief, left me invigorated with hope and empowerment about tangible things that I could do to help myself during my time of crisis. Drs in this field ought to draw from his long standing knowledge of both professional prescriptions as well as practical prescriptions.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Horrible doctor who just is cold and is easy to anger.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

My experience with this Doctor was all negative. If I would not have got another Doctor there is no doubt in my mind I would be dead today. He is cold and uncaring. My advice is run fast from this man.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

I was in a group with dr block and an OT. Found him to be cold and confrontational. Saw that he could also be different as well. In any case one day he kept confronting me. I asked him to stop. Continued in a shaming manner. I became beside myself and at the end of it all unable to speak or leave the group room. he had me arrested for trespassing. Very insightful man and dangerous with that ability.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2013

flag | Submitted April 3, 2011

I found Dr. Block to be very insightful. He helped me to see patterns and possible reasons in my thinking and behavior that I hadn't thought of or realized before. In my case, I found his clinical judgement to be appropriate.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

I was in the hospital for 5 days after a serious suicide attempt. Dr. Block was the first doctor I saw. I had just got off the phone with my husband and was very emotional and crying when I found him in my room. I asked him if I could just have a moment to collect myself and he plainly said "no" when I tried to describe how and why I was there he went off on a tangent that absoulutely nothing to do with what I had said. I asked if if he was just going to divine about my situation then what was the point of speaking to me. This of course upset him and he walked out. I followed him to the nurse's station and BEGGED him to come back and talk to me, that I was sorry if I offended him but I really needed him to help me. He ignored me asthough I wasn't even there. I was in shock. I participated in a provincial study on how to make psyc units better in Alberta. I found out here that Dr. Block has released the most # of patiences that have gone on to kill themself. Worst Dr. ever

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

I had the chance to see Dr Block on a regular basis and although at times it took me awhile to figure out what direction we were headed in I had many lights go off. I think Dr Block is fantastic at what he does and I feel greatful the the time I spent in his care.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

After suicide attempt he briefly interviewed me and quickly slapped a personality disorder label on me. I had no problem with that. However, after that, he gave me no information on what this means, why I'm the way I am, what I should be doing or who I should be seeing to address my problem. More of a hit and run approach than anything thorough or remotely helpful.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009