You may also like

Rate Dr. Nicholas Leyland

Dr. Nicholas Leyland's Ratings

I truly, do not have enough good to say about the wonderful Dr. Leyland and his amazing team!! The level of caring and compassion they show their patients is something I had never experienced before, I was amazed by it. I already thought highly of him, his warmth and knowledge you can feel off of him, but he was actually by my side patting my hand before surgery started! He did such a terrific job as well, I only had soreness the same night and the next day. I seriously can't recommend him enough for women's issues, he also identified things other doctors had missed with me. And Annette actually called me the next day as she said she would, to see how I was doing. Seriously, how many people do that? High praise in all aspects from this now pain free patient!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2910082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2015

I have been searching frantically to find a doctor who would be able to remove my very large fibroid and leave my uterus intact. Dr. Leyland was one of such doctors visited. I was initially seen by a young doctor in training, I believe, who was very respectful and professional. She suggested that my option would be a hysterectomy considering my age and a past removal of similar fibroids years ago. Soon afterwards, I saw Dr. Leyland who has a very pleasant and likeable personality. Alas, he advised that he would not recommend removal of fibroid, and that hysterectomy at this point in time seems a viable option considering that I has past child bearing stage. Alternately, he recommends medication that would induce stoppage of my periods; I stand to be corrected on this. I would not dare say Dr. Leyland was unkind to me, but I felt despondent that the general perception is, once a woman has passed child bearing age, life is finished. This is something I am afraid I will not accept. Hysterectomy holds more ills than good, and I have since identified a next doctor who will remove my fibroids.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2835202].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I'm glad I met Dr.Leyland and his team. They went above and beyond to help treat me for my endo. I had surgery over 8 months ago and I couldn't be happier! I am pain free, and finally moving on with my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2806131].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

The hospital is very unclear when arriving as to what goes on there. Why is it called a children's hospital when they do high risk obstetrics and adult women's surgery? Anyway, it doesn't matter because they do great work there!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2782177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

I would just like to start off by saying this man is AMAZING! And his staff are so compassionate and just as amazing!
I am just over 4 weeks post op and have been dealing with endometriosis pain for years. There was quite a bit removed and I can't remember the last time I felt this great.
I can't begin to say enough great things about this man and his staff, nurse Annette was there by my side until I was out, and came to check on me in recovery. It almost brings me to tears looking back on that day, I was so scared and nervous and they all made me feel so cared for.
I would recommend this team to ANYONE they truly are angels.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2694920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

Had Laproscopic surgery 6 weeks ago to remove a 20 cm cyst, left ovary and both fallopian tubes. It was a difficult surgery as Leyland mentioned, however he was able to remove everything that needed to come out. Dr. Leyland is a very knowledgeable doctor, he did a fantastic job. I had little to no pain after surgery. Four days after surgery I was back at work 1/2 days and full days the following week. His staff is second to none with the care and understanding they provided for me as I was very scared of the surgery process. I do not have enough room here to say how grateful I am for the incredible care and expertise I experienced from Leyalnd and the staff and Mc Master Hospital. A bonus, I even went down one size in my pants after the surgery !!! A definite 5 STAR patient experience all round! The highest of recommendations from this patient!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2640688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Had surgery for stage 4 endometriosis and I have never felt better! The nurses...staff ...Leyland were amazing! I was told previously that my endo couldn't be removed from certain areas...he got it all! I have been pain free for the FIRST TIME IN 15 YEARS!! I cried tears of joy at my last appointment because finally I was taken care of! Highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2576342].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Dr. Leyland and his staff were all very kind and considerate during my recent first visit for fibroids. The doctor was very knowledgeable and took his time to answer my questions, never making me feel rushed or unimportant. He presented all my options clearly and said the final decision would be mine to make. He was compassionate and caring and I left the appointment feeling reassured that I was in capable hands. I'm very pleased Dr. Leyland will be caring for me.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2560369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Amazing doctor and staff! First two surgeries were performed by a Toronto doctor. Went to Dr Leyland for my third surgery. 12 weeks post op, I feel better than I have in years. He gave me my life back! Dr. Leyland is an endometriosis expert! I wish I had seen him sooner!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2557241].votes_count ]]