Ratings for Dr. Nicholas Leyland

I have been suffering from the pain of endometriosis for many years now. I have been seeing Dr. Leyland for just over a year. Yes, he does prefer Lupron but when that was no longer working to control my pain he scheduled me for surgery. I was expecting to wait months for surgery but in less than 3 months my was surgery was booked. He removed all of my endometriosis and repaired a septum in my uterus. I can not say enough good things about Dr. Leyland and his team (especially Anette)! They listened and answered all of my questions. On the day of surgery I was a nervous wreck and him and his team were so understanding and compassionate. I had lost all hope before meeting Dr. Layland.....I am so thankful I didn't listen to the negative reviews and met with him, he changed my life!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Dr. Leyland is very professional, companionate, knowledgeable, I didn't feel rushed.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone suffering with endometriosis. Simple reason being, he might just recommend Lupron. I guess there's more money to be made prescribing Lupron than performing surgery. It's as simple as that.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

I have lived with Endometriosis from adolescence and didn't know. I was able to have a child but as I got older couldn't have more. That was when I was finally diagnosed. I came to Dr. Leyland to get a 2nd opinion on how to manage it. He was the only Dr. out of 4 in the GTA who was willing to see me as a 2nd opinion. He was most professional, was a wealth of knowledge and I came away feeling more prepared to make my own choices about my health having had that professional 2nd opinion. It was a pleasure meeting you Dr. Leyland.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I had surgery in November 2016 to correct a septate uterus, remove Stage 4 endometriosis, remove a 10 cm cyst from one ovary and several smaller cysts from my other ovary. The surgery lasted much longer than originally suspected due to my appendix having to be removed and the sheer scope of the endometriosis. Dr. Leyland was able to remove everything during that one surgery. His team was nothing but helpful throughout the entire process, from the initial appointments to the day of the surgery. Dr. Leyland is a very knowledgeable, caring Doctor who wasted no time in getting me in for surgery. Before the surgery, I suffered from almost constant pain all day every day. After the surgery, I had minor pain for the first month and have been virtually pain free since the end of 2016. After being told it might be difficult for me to get pregnant due to the severity of the endometriosis, I am happy to report that I am expecting a baby in November 2017.....proof that Dr. Leyland is the man to see if you're suffering from endometriosis. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Leyland and his team for making motherhood a reality for me.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr. Leyland & team (esp. Annette) are incredibly knowledgable & do listen. Yes, he prefers Lupron to surgical interventions if possible, but not always. I have been seeing him for 4 years now (I've had endo for over 20 years) and he has always taken time to talk through options and answer my questions - including when I wanted to get second opinions on getting a hysterectomy (he didn't think it was a good idea based on my age). If you are unsure of anything, just ask him and ask him to speak in layman terms if you don't understand.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

He pushed me on Lupron even though I told him multipule times I didn't want it. It made me sick for months and he told me that because I didn't feel better with the Lupron that I don't have endometriosis and to see a pain specialist instead. He couldn't answer why I had every other symptom of endometriosis just that the Lupron didn't work so it's not endometriosis and therefore no longer his problem. He met me for about 6 minutes and never did any exams or testing on me. He was able to diagnosis me based on my bodies response to a drug. Lupron IS NOT A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

If you want a pat on the head and Lupron forced on you. Even after being referred for surgery- this is your guy!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Awful. Avoid at all cost. He is rude, demeaning and contradicts himself.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I recently had surgery performed by Dr. Leyland and his team to correct a septate uterus. As someone who has always been very anxious with the medical world, I was absolutely overwhelmed when the day arrived. Although my interactions with Dr. Leyland were minimal, just before surgery and during my surgery consult, he presented as very kind, and ready to help. This certainly helped me feel a lot more at ease. I cannot say enough about this doctor or any of his team members that have helped me through this. I would recommend this doctor, his team, and McMaster in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017