Ratings for Dr. Nicholas Leyland

For those who's giving 5 stars for punctually is ridiculous. There is no way he would see you within 30 minutes on arrival. Usually it's over an hour. The staff is OK. Knowledgeable I guess that was based on his certificates. He helps who he wish to help and that's that. He canceled out on me on the day of my surgery.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

I was booked to have sugery. However, on the day of the surgery his assistance was in the room and ask to take some photos to rerurn to Dr Nicholas. He did not even come to the room. I was later told he wouldn't be able to help me because of the location of the endometriosis which was in my abdominal walls. This excuse was the lamest thing I've ever heard since he's such a specialist and i did reseaches showing it was more than possible to do so. I was told to follow up with him which i never did. I am now seeking treatment from DR NEZHAT in California. I rather spend my money there!!!.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I had surgery with Dr. Leyland 3.5 years ago. The first appointment, I made it all the way down to the operating room and that's when he told me he was cancelling my surgery but the good news was that I could go and have a bite to eat. My surgery was rescheduled a month later. I was not bowel prepped for either. At the time of surgery, a Mirena was inserted. I don't want to get pregnant. This surgery gave me 3.5 years of pain relief. When my pain returned and I asked my GP to re-refer me, he refused to even see me. He said that further surgery would not help me. I don't believe him. Does he not realize that Endo comes back? For an endo specialist, you'd think he would know this. Now, I'm stuck trying to find a new Doctor to help me because he won't. In fact, after all this, I don't want him anywhere near my uterus if this is his attitude. To whoever said he only takes complicated cases... I disagree. I am a most complicated case and need to find someone who doesn't have a God complex thinking their surgery must be the only surgery that works. Or that the pain can't come back.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Dr. Leyland is the most kind and compassionate Doctor. I had surgery with him for endometriosis in summer of 2015. I was nervous on the operating table and I had a couple tears. He took the sheet, wiped my tear, and told me "We're going to take good care of you." He also came to see me personally while I was I recovery to make sure I was okay. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

I truly, do not have enough good to say about the wonderful Dr. Leyland and his amazing team!! The level of caring and compassion they show their patients is something I had never experienced before, I was amazed by it. I already thought highly of him, his warmth and knowledge you can feel off of him, but he was actually by my side patting my hand before surgery started! He did such a terrific job as well, I only had soreness the same night and the next day. I seriously can't recommend him enough for women's issues, he also identified things other doctors had missed with me. And Annette actually called me the next day as she said she would, to see how I was doing. Seriously, how many people do that? High praise in all aspects from this now pain free patient!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

I have been searching frantically to find a doctor who would be able to remove my very large fibroid and leave my uterus intact. Dr. Leyland was one of such doctors visited. I was initially seen by a young doctor in training, I believe, who was very respectful and professional. She suggested that my option would be a hysterectomy considering my age and a past removal of similar fibroids years ago. Soon afterwards, I saw Dr. Leyland who has a very pleasant and likeable personality. Alas, he advised that he would not recommend removal of fibroid, and that hysterectomy at this point in time seems a viable option considering that I has past child bearing stage. Alternately, he recommends medication that would induce stoppage of my periods; I stand to be corrected on this. I would not dare say Dr. Leyland was unkind to me, but I felt despondent that the general perception is, once a woman has passed child bearing age, life is finished. This is something I am afraid I will not accept. Hysterectomy holds more ills than good, and I have since identified a next doctor who will remove my fibroids.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I'm glad I met Dr.Leyland and his team. They went above and beyond to help treat me for my endo. I had surgery over 8 months ago and I couldn't be happier! I am pain free, and finally moving on with my life.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

The hospital is very unclear when arriving as to what goes on there. Why is it called a children's hospital when they do high risk obstetrics and adult women's surgery? Anyway, it doesn't matter because they do great work there!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

Dr. Nicholas Leyland's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "For those who's giving 5 stars for punctually is ridiculous. There is no way he would see you within 30 minutes on arrival. Usually it's over an hour. The staff..."

May 13, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I was booked to have sugery. However, on the day of the surgery his assistance was in the room and ask to take some photos to rerurn to Dr Nicholas. He did not ..."

March 25, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I had surgery with Dr. Leyland 3.5 years ago. The first appointment, I made it all the way down to the operating room and that's when he told me he was cancelli..."

February 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Leyland is the most kind and compassionate Doctor. I had surgery with him for endometriosis in summer of 2015. I was nervous on the operating table and I ..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Compassionate, caring doctor who is trying to improve women's health care in Ontario."

December 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is amazing!!! Without him I wouldn't be a mother, he placed my T.A.C. & I'm eternally grateful. "

October 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I truly, do not have enough good to say about the wonderful Dr. Leyland and his amazing team!! The level of caring and compassion they show their patients is so..."

August 31, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been searching frantically to find a doctor who would be able to remove my very large fibroid and leave my uterus intact. Dr. Leyland was one of such do..."

June 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I'm glad I met Dr.Leyland and his team. They went above and beyond to help treat me for my endo. I had surgery over 8 months ago and I couldn't be happier! I am..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The hospital is very unclear when arriving as to what goes on there. Why is it called a children's hospital when they do high risk obstetrics and adult women's ..."

April 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would just like to start off by saying this man is AMAZING! And his staff are so compassionate and just as amazing! I am just over 4 weeks post op and have b..."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had Laproscopic surgery 6 weeks ago to remove a 20 cm cyst, left ovary and both fallopian tubes. It was a difficult surgery as Leyland mentioned, however he was..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had surgery for stage 4 endometriosis and I have never felt better! The nurses...staff ...Leyland were amazing! I was told previously that my endo couldn't be..."

October 13, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Leyland and his staff were all very kind and considerate during my recent first visit for fibroids. The doctor was very knowledgeable and took his time to..."

October 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor and staff! First two surgeries were performed by a Toronto doctor. Went to Dr Leyland for my third surgery. 12 weeks post op, I feel better than ..."

September 29, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE... All this fool will say is take Lupron because it pays his bills and makes you suffer!!!! HIS STUPID L..."

September 9, 2014