Ratings for Dr. Donald W. Tice

I was going to Dr. Tice a couple of years ago. He would run blood work every few months. He would use a different lab than our insurance used but always told us we would never see a bill... until our insurance quit taking him and we had to find a new dr. Two years later we get a lab bill from Molecular testing lab. I wasn't aware that Dr.Tice did genetic testing when he sent in my blood work. After I stopped going to Dr. Tice I received a $1199.00 bill after being told I would never see a bill. I had asked him in the beginning to use my insurance choice which is Labcorp. The only reason I allowed Dr. Tice to use the lab he wanted is because he said I would not get billed. Interesting that as soon as I stopped going to him I get a bill for labs from two years ago.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

If you know you do not feel “normal”, don’t let your regular Dr convince you that there is nothing wrong. Set an appt with Dr Tice. He has years of experience with hormone imbalances. He takes the time to explain how imbalances affect your health and how you feel. After the lab work he ran (which cost me $0 out of pocket for Lab work – even though the Dr is not on my insurance plan), we had a follow up visit, I got my first BHRT shots, I felt better the SAME DAY! I felt normal again, not irritable, and I haven’t had a hot flash since. Unbelievable results! This is after a regular Dr told me I was normal, and I said no – I’m not, you don’t understand. So when your regular Dr tells you, you do not need all of the panels (blood work) that Dr Tice orders, I’m going to suggest to you – they don’t specialize in BHRT and have not kept up with the latest research. Not to mention, as I wrote earlier, all of the blood work cost me $Zero, whereas, when my regular Dr requested only my thyroid panel, it cost me $30. I wish I had gone to Dr Tice even sooner. Lastly, you may wait awhile once arriving at the office. That is because he spends time with his patients and listens to the challenges you are experiencing. The results are worth the wait.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

My wife went to Dr Tice based on reading about his process for dealing with Heath issues she was facing. The attended her appointment and they offered to do blood work there out of convenience. The convenience for him is the start of our nightmare. Without telling us, the good Dr. Sent her bloodwork to 2 different out-of-network labs. His crummy staff never obtained a pre-certification for some of the work. None of this was communicated basically violating the trust between Dr and patient. The 2 labs are now Asking for a combined $9800 for a 4 page report that was slightly better then a basic Labcorp report. Now I get to spend countless hours unwinding this billing issue that may cost our family a substantial amount of money. I attended the second appointment and it was less then impressive after waiting over an hour past the appointment for not very informative session. I'll update this post after meeting with The doctor's staff to see how they are going to correct the issue they created. Before allowing to do anything, make sure you confirm that the staff has obtained approvals for your planned service, or you could end up with a $9800 bill with nothing really to show for it.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Have waited for over an hour every time I have gone for an appointment. When questioned on if I was following the diet book or taking supplements, I questioned what book since I had never gotten one. Going to still give it a go since he seems knowledgeable and I know others have had great success, but disappointed that I only lost two months time and no weight.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Have not had as good an experience with a doctor in 20 yrs!!! He even called me at the end of my day after seeing me in the afternoon with less than an hours notice. (migraine) Very few doctors truly care, this dr. really does!!!

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

Had a terrific experience with Dr. Tice. I am a female in my 50's and he has helped me tremendously. His expertise in female hormones is remarkable. I was overweight, depressed, experiencing hot flashes, and had no energy. He understood my conditions, listened attentively, and treated me over the last few weeks. I feel great! The very best physician in his field in Las Vegas! He takes insurance! A truly caring physician!!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

Would give zero stars if possible. Dr. Tice seems to be a very nice competent person (based on 1st and only appointment). His staff on the other hand are so unprofessional they should not be employed by anyone in healthcare industry. They would not give me Dr. Tice’s email or phone so I could speak with him directly to notify him that his scheduling staff are messing with patients appointments (put on wrong dates and cancelled) and then not allowing to be seen when it’s their error. The office manager has no back bone to even return a patient phone call or come speak with a patient in the waiting room who waited 4hrs for her- because of the scheduling issue named above. The above was my experience- horrible when you are waiting a month to learn of blood test results to find out why you are sick- and never get the answer. I need still need care and am left to seek a new dr. after they wasted 60 days with this appointment nonsense. A dr. needs to be involved in operations of the front office as in this case the office manager can take down the business. Judith Erwin should be fired.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. Tice knows a lot about hormone balance and thyroid issues. He is the best that I have found in the Las Vegas area and he takes insurance.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Ended up being very disappointed with the overall experience.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Excellent excellent!!!! Full of knowledge and very helpful! Definitely recommend him!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

Dr. Donald W. Tice's Credentials

• Chicago Coll Of Osteo Med, Midwestern Univ, Chicago Il 60615 (Grad. 1981)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.