Ratings for Dr. Ken Thomas

Brought our family together, saved my sons life. Unforgetable experience.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

He was an awesome surgeon!! In and out of the hospital with my spinal fusion in 2 days! 10/10 would recommend

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

I had OLIF & pedicle instrumentation fixation surgery in May 2016, prior to the surgery I couldn't stand or walk for more than several minutes. I was on 160mg of Oxyneo daily just to function. I now can stand and walk as long as I want and am basically pain free. Dr. Thomas got me my life back, just really incredible

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Did a great job, using the newest techniques. Personable and friendly and very attentive during whole process.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Terrible surgeon. He ruined my life and I have now laid in bed for 6 years suffering. He accidentally cut openy right L5 nerve root (sciatica) and failed to tell me in any follow ups. He had a guilty look on his face in all my post surgery follow ups and I couldn't figure out why. 3 years later I found out after it was past the 2 year limit to sue him for medical malpraractice and after emailing Dr. Thomas and confronting him, he had his lawyers respond saying I can never contact him in any way or I will be charged. Above the law! The fusion he did on my L5-S1 was a failure as it didn't fuse. I went in with a left side impinging nerve root causing severe pain shooting down my left leg and after I woke up from surgery I had worse pain shooting down my right leg and he made half of my right foot numb. He positioned my four internal screws incorrectly and after the first 2 years, 2 of them broke off at their heads. He made me permanently disabled and I have spent the last 6 years in bed suffering 90% of the day due to his terrible failed spinal fusion he performed on me. After seeing a colleague of his and getting another MRI, he left too much scare tissue in my surgical area and if I risk a 2nd dual spinal fusion, I have an 80% chance of getting complete right drop foot, which I would be left in a wheelchair the rest of my life. I would not recommend this neurosurgeon to anyone and he should have been fired for withholding damage he caused to me "Accidentally"

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. Thomas is very caring, knowledgeable, and highly skilled. He did an excellent job on my decompression and fusion, and made it clear that he is available for consult whenever needed, post surgery. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Thomas for anyone needing spinal surgery.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

I am scheduled for my surgery soon and so far all my dealings with Dr. Thomas and his staff have been excellent. So knowledgeable, caring, understanding, and more. I am glad and grateful to have been referred to Dr. Thomas.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr Thomas performed a Decompression/Fusion surgery on the lower spine L4, L5, S 1. Him and his team did an excellent job, they were very professional, explained everything before and after. He is a very caring, knowledgeable, straight forward and a pleasure. I would certainly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr Thomas misdiagnosed me and stuck to his guns when he was showed a contrary MRI showing he was wrong. It's caused me a ton of headache and lots pain I wouldn't have had to endure if he was a better DR. My advice is to avoid this guy.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

Dr. Thomas performed surgery on my lower spine, L4, L5 and S1. After years of debilitating pain, numbness in my feet and legs, the surgery Dr. Thomas performed has changed my life and I am able to enjoy the simple things in life I had been denied the last four years. Dr. Thomas and his staff are very professional and straight forward, a real pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend Dr. Thomas and his staff, we very fortunate to have Dr. Thomas and his team here in Alberta.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014