You may also like

Rate Dr. Jeffrey Harris

Dr. Jeffrey Harris's Ratings

Cannot get anyone to answer the phone or ever return messages. How do you make appointments here when they tell you at the hospital to make an appointment for 3 weeks from now. Leave a message since no one ever answers the phone. Call next day and voicemail is full. Call the next day and they are closed for 4 days. Terrible way to treat patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2894047].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 13, 2015

I was 29 when I had my entire thyroid removed in January 2015 because of cancer. This was my first surgery, ever. I was extremely nervous and anxious waiting for this procedure to be done. I was laying on the operating table waiting to go to sleep and Dr, Harris must have noticed how hard I was trying to keep it together. He took the time to come over, grab my hand and reassured me that I was in good hands and promised to take care of me. I felt total comfort in this. I have minimal scaring and everyone including Drs who have seen his work have said how well done it was. I was/am so impressed with this man and would trust any procedure done by him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2885754].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

I have to wait a year to a year and a half for Hemithyroidectomy...I have Hurthle Cell Neoplasm of the Thyroid and swelling has increased since my visit with Dr. Harris in March....anyone else have the same diagnosis and wait time? I was told by my family doctor to cancel all my plans and get this surgery done...now I am told I have to wait almost 2 years?Just wondering if anyone else is going through the same...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2822089].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

You cannot get better care and skill than with Dr Harris and his team. Lisa is also wonderful! I will echo an early statement; any medical professional who sees me says the surgery is "text book perfect". I am 7 years post op of a hemi-glossectomy. Speech is at 99.9% with no swallowing difficulties. I have almost no facial scarring. We all want an answer right now when diagnosed with cancer; please remember these folks are busy. I will, for the rest of my life be grateful for his surgical abilities and genuine care for his patients. If you are a new patient with tongue cancer; your job is talk as much and as often as you can after surgery for the best results. Trust that you are in talented, good and caring hands.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2483944].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

I am approx 2 yrs post parotid gland tumor removal. I felt the tumor may be coming back. Lisa got me in to see Dr. Harris immediately!! No referral required. They don't take this type of thing lightly and make you go through the the re-referral process or any of that nonsense. Luckily, he felt nothing had come back and reassured me all was fine. I don't know a specialist that does this. Dr. Harris and Lisa are angels who take your fears away. They move fast and always make room for you. The camera-up-the-nose deal really bites but it is what it is and necessary. If there was a medical hall-of-fame, Dr. Harris and Lisa should be their #1 stars!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2451951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Dr. Harris is a very wonderful surgeon and all around great person. I am so thankful that the Saskatchewan surgeon referred me to him in Edmonton. He performed parathyroid surgery on me and I have never felt better...thanks so much to Dr. Harris and to Lisa for such speedy service in getting this done...I had been dealing with this problem for 5 years only to hear my Saskatchewan Entro tell me my calcium levels were not bad enough to worry about it yet. It lead to lots of continous pain and a visit to a general surgeon who definately gave me a very unsetttled feeling about what his plan was for me. Thanks for the referral...A very satisfied Saskatchewan Patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2012

Dr. Harris did Parotid Gland tumor removal surgery on me last November. His bedside manner was amazing - equally so with all of his residents I saw. My surgery was very delicate being that he had to work around 3 facial nerves (eye,nose,mouth) and protect them so I didn't have paralysis. He did an amazing job and my scarring is minimal. I have zero paralysis and would trust him with my life! He's a brilliant, meticulous surgeon with hands of magic! The recovery was horrible but that's normal. I would only want to see him again should I ever require any type of head surgery. I have no deformity either being that a part of the gland was removed. Thank you Dr. Harris & your admin staff especially for being so kind and welcoming every time I attended the clinic. You made me have no fear of what I considered a pretty major surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2012

Dr. Harris performed my surgery and has completed my follow-up since 2009 (small break - when he left for further study out of province). I was extremely impressed with his approach - highly professional,skilled, but also very personable and willing to take the time to answer all of my questions. (I came prepared with a list). Lisa - who works with him is great as well and she has a great memory for patients and an excellent demeanour as well. My surgery (parotidectomy and partial neck dissection) went exceptionally well - no one even sees my scar and there was no significant nerve damage (a big fear of mine). Excellent surgeon, caring, patient and respectful!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2012

My surgery was in early Dec. It took 2 month to recieve a surgery date but all went well. Dr. Harris was amazing and answered all of my questions. His assistant Lisa is friendly and comforting to talk with. My insurance forms were filled out promptly and Lisa brought them up to me while I was still recovering. Nursing staff was fair. My overall experience was better than I would have expected. Would suggest Dr. Harris to friends and Family anytime.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562206].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2012

introduced to dr. harris. dr o'connell was my surgeon for the rad neck dis.had i asked for the best, i would have gotten o'connell(thank god)i was treated like gold from the first meetings till i was released.there was a complication with a dopler wire and was quickly fixed by dr. sykley(again top notch.).dr.sykley is the doc who set this rad. neck dis. protocol 15 yrs. ago.so to anyone reading this review and you have to deal w/ any ent docs from u of a rest assured your in the best hands on this planet.as for me my surgery was oct. 20. back into surgery within hours to fix dopler wire.i was released in 9 days, way ahead of the 14-21 days recovery in hospital.although this is one hell of a surgery to go through,your in the best care poss. from icu to the ent ward.stay possitive and keep your stick on the ice

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1562205].votes_count ]]