Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Harris

Dr. Harris is the best! He did a 16 hour surgery for cancer in my mouth and was always around to answer questions and his whole team is great. Lisa in the office is soooo nice. Sometimes you have to wait a while in the office to see him, but once he comes in he is completely focused on you and takes as much time as you need. Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I had great care with Dr. Harris. Went and saw one surgeon for a parathyroid surgery who told me it would take about 3 hours and I would be in the hospital for 2 or 3 days. Did a Google search and found Dr. Harris who does mini parathyroid surgery. Surgery took about half an hour and I went home the same day!!! Now I feel great and I can't even see the little (about an inch) scar on my neck. And Lisa in his office is GREAT! It takes a pretty long time to get in to surgery, but sometimes you have to wait for the best.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Cannot get anyone to answer the phone or ever return messages. How do you make appointments here when they tell you at the hospital to make an appointment for 3 weeks from now. Leave a message since no one ever answers the phone. Call next day and voicemail is full. Call the next day and they are closed for 4 days. Terrible way to treat patients.

Submitted August 13, 2015

I was 29 when I had my entire thyroid removed in January 2015 because of cancer. This was my first surgery, ever. I was extremely nervous and anxious waiting for this procedure to be done. I was laying on the operating table waiting to go to sleep and Dr, Harris must have noticed how hard I was trying to keep it together. He took the time to come over, grab my hand and reassured me that I was in good hands and promised to take care of me. I felt total comfort in this. I have minimal scaring and everyone including Drs who have seen his work have said how well done it was. I was/am so impressed with this man and would trust any procedure done by him.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

I have to wait a year to a year and a half for Hemithyroidectomy...I have Hurthle Cell Neoplasm of the Thyroid and swelling has increased since my visit with Dr. Harris in March....anyone else have the same diagnosis and wait time? I was told by my family doctor to cancel all my plans and get this surgery done...now I am told I have to wait almost 2 years?Just wondering if anyone else is going through the same...

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

You cannot get better care and skill than with Dr Harris and his team. Lisa is also wonderful! I will echo an early statement; any medical professional who sees me says the surgery is "text book perfect". I am 7 years post op of a hemi-glossectomy. Speech is at 99.9% with no swallowing difficulties. I have almost no facial scarring. We all want an answer right now when diagnosed with cancer; please remember these folks are busy. I will, for the rest of my life be grateful for his surgical abilities and genuine care for his patients. If you are a new patient with tongue cancer; your job is talk as much and as often as you can after surgery for the best results. Trust that you are in talented, good and caring hands.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

I am approx 2 yrs post parotid gland tumor removal. I felt the tumor may be coming back. Lisa got me in to see Dr. Harris immediately!! No referral required. They don't take this type of thing lightly and make you go through the the re-referral process or any of that nonsense. Luckily, he felt nothing had come back and reassured me all was fine. I don't know a specialist that does this. Dr. Harris and Lisa are angels who take your fears away. They move fast and always make room for you. The camera-up-the-nose deal really bites but it is what it is and necessary. If there was a medical hall-of-fame, Dr. Harris and Lisa should be their #1 stars!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Dr. Harris is a very wonderful surgeon and all around great person. I am so thankful that the Saskatchewan surgeon referred me to him in Edmonton. He performed parathyroid surgery on me and I have never felt better...thanks so much to Dr. Harris and to Lisa for such speedy service in getting this done...I had been dealing with this problem for 5 years only to hear my Saskatchewan Entro tell me my calcium levels were not bad enough to worry about it yet. It lead to lots of continous pain and a visit to a general surgeon who definately gave me a very unsetttled feeling about what his plan was for me. Thanks for the referral...A very satisfied Saskatchewan Patient.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012

Dr. Harris did Parotid Gland tumor removal surgery on me last November. His bedside manner was amazing - equally so with all of his residents I saw. My surgery was very delicate being that he had to work around 3 facial nerves (eye,nose,mouth) and protect them so I didn't have paralysis. He did an amazing job and my scarring is minimal. I have zero paralysis and would trust him with my life! He's a brilliant, meticulous surgeon with hands of magic! The recovery was horrible but that's normal. I would only want to see him again should I ever require any type of head surgery. I have no deformity either being that a part of the gland was removed. Thank you Dr. Harris & your admin staff especially for being so kind and welcoming every time I attended the clinic. You made me have no fear of what I considered a pretty major surgery.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

Dr. Harris performed my surgery and has completed my follow-up since 2009 (small break - when he left for further study out of province). I was extremely impressed with his approach - highly professional,skilled, but also very personable and willing to take the time to answer all of my questions. (I came prepared with a list). Lisa - who works with him is great as well and she has a great memory for patients and an excellent demeanour as well. My surgery (parotidectomy and partial neck dissection) went exceptionally well - no one even sees my scar and there was no significant nerve damage (a big fear of mine). Excellent surgeon, caring, patient and respectful!!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2012