Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Harris

If you have a bad experience and complain they ignore you and tell you to follow up with your family doctor. Rude treatment. I was not told that I would have an endoscopy at the appointment and was not prepared. Especially since I did a myriad of other tests that clearly showed where my lump was ( including a very detailed nuclear test) so I did not need another. I refused the test politely but he insisted. I said no three times before he finally respected my wishes and already had the thing to the upper part of my nose. Experienced bruising and a little pea size lump from attempted endoscopy and they said it was impossible to have that side effect. My friends, family and husband clearly saw I was bruised and had that pea size lump right after the appointment. I wrote a letter and the only response was it was not possible to have that and to see my family doctor. Plus, this guys report was simply a check list of the stuff I told him at the beginning of the appointment. I learned nothing new. He also said "Patient FEELS they have anemia" When I have been diagnosed with anemia and am on a strong iron treatment plan. The treatment was cold. I am sure he is a great doctor if you need cancer found or cancer treated but I would not go to him for more complicated conditions. He did NOT give us any new information. It was a wasted appointment. Plus it was a crammed waiting room and not a very professionally set up office. He's probably good for surgery but I guess his experience would depend on how legitimate he deems the case, or what he feels sure of.

Submitted February 1, 2017

Excellent doctor! Found a tumor at the base of my tongue while I was in for another surgery. Who knows what the outcome could have been had he not been diligent, persistent and brilliant! I have received the best care from him.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Dr. Harris is the best! He did a 16 hour surgery for cancer in my mouth and was always around to answer questions and his whole team is great. Lisa in the office is soooo nice. Sometimes you have to wait a while in the office to see him, but once he comes in he is completely focused on you and takes as much time as you need. Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I had great care with Dr. Harris. Went and saw one surgeon for a parathyroid surgery who told me it would take about 3 hours and I would be in the hospital for 2 or 3 days. Did a Google search and found Dr. Harris who does mini parathyroid surgery. Surgery took about half an hour and I went home the same day!!! Now I feel great and I can't even see the little (about an inch) scar on my neck. And Lisa in his office is GREAT! It takes a pretty long time to get in to surgery, but sometimes you have to wait for the best.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Cannot get anyone to answer the phone or ever return messages. How do you make appointments here when they tell you at the hospital to make an appointment for 3 weeks from now. Leave a message since no one ever answers the phone. Call next day and voicemail is full. Call the next day and they are closed for 4 days. Terrible way to treat patients.

Submitted August 13, 2015

I was 29 when I had my entire thyroid removed in January 2015 because of cancer. This was my first surgery, ever. I was extremely nervous and anxious waiting for this procedure to be done. I was laying on the operating table waiting to go to sleep and Dr, Harris must have noticed how hard I was trying to keep it together. He took the time to come over, grab my hand and reassured me that I was in good hands and promised to take care of me. I felt total comfort in this. I have minimal scaring and everyone including Drs who have seen his work have said how well done it was. I was/am so impressed with this man and would trust any procedure done by him.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

I have to wait a year to a year and a half for Hemithyroidectomy...I have Hurthle Cell Neoplasm of the Thyroid and swelling has increased since my visit with Dr. Harris in March....anyone else have the same diagnosis and wait time? I was told by my family doctor to cancel all my plans and get this surgery done...now I am told I have to wait almost 2 years?Just wondering if anyone else is going through the same...

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

You cannot get better care and skill than with Dr Harris and his team. Lisa is also wonderful! I will echo an early statement; any medical professional who sees me says the surgery is "text book perfect". I am 7 years post op of a hemi-glossectomy. Speech is at 99.9% with no swallowing difficulties. I have almost no facial scarring. We all want an answer right now when diagnosed with cancer; please remember these folks are busy. I will, for the rest of my life be grateful for his surgical abilities and genuine care for his patients. If you are a new patient with tongue cancer; your job is talk as much and as often as you can after surgery for the best results. Trust that you are in talented, good and caring hands.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

I am approx 2 yrs post parotid gland tumor removal. I felt the tumor may be coming back. Lisa got me in to see Dr. Harris immediately!! No referral required. They don't take this type of thing lightly and make you go through the the re-referral process or any of that nonsense. Luckily, he felt nothing had come back and reassured me all was fine. I don't know a specialist that does this. Dr. Harris and Lisa are angels who take your fears away. They move fast and always make room for you. The camera-up-the-nose deal really bites but it is what it is and necessary. If there was a medical hall-of-fame, Dr. Harris and Lisa should be their #1 stars!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Dr. Harris is a very wonderful surgeon and all around great person. I am so thankful that the Saskatchewan surgeon referred me to him in Edmonton. He performed parathyroid surgery on me and I have never felt better...thanks so much to Dr. Harris and to Lisa for such speedy service in getting this done...I had been dealing with this problem for 5 years only to hear my Saskatchewan Entro tell me my calcium levels were not bad enough to worry about it yet. It lead to lots of continous pain and a visit to a general surgeon who definately gave me a very unsetttled feeling about what his plan was for me. Thanks for the referral...A very satisfied Saskatchewan Patient.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012