Ratings for Dr. John Dushinski

He is very knowledgeable, competent & caring. As a high risk patient due to a history of pulmonary embolisms I found him to be quite understanding of my fears prior to going into surgery. I have great confidence in him &!have been recommending him to all of my friends/acquaintances in need of an Urologist!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

He found my kidney stone that I was carrying for 2 years and had to operate.It seemed to work now for a few years. I found him very knowledgeable but most of these specialist don't seem to have a very personable bed side manner. To the point. I wonder sometimes if these high functional persons do not have a patient relationship hangup. We are people too just because we do not have a degree does not mean we are weak or stupid. All people and animals get sick with some kind of ailment at times and we all need to be treated with dignity and respect and patience, even if we are not knowledge about the problem. Be thankful you had the opportunity to study the human body and focus in on your specialty. I found him very helpful and explanatory. To all health care workers PLEASE do not bring your home/social problems to work. Thank you.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Dushinski since 2006 when I was diagnosed with Bladder Cancer. I can't say enough good about him - he is awesome! But he will not mollycoddle you nor will he waste his or your time with idle chitchat. But he knows his stuff!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Waited 6 months to see this guy and his only suggestion for my chronic pain post surgery was put me back on mind bending narcotics or have a another surgery with only 50% success rate. After meeting the man and reading about him I sure as shoot would not let him near me with any kind of sharps. Total waste of my time.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

I had a reverse vasectomy from Dr.Dushinski. The result was a complete failure and not only that but I was left in extreme pain and had trouble healing with an enormous amount of swelling. After doing some research I ended up going to a professional in the United States who did an amazing job and the result was a success even though what he described was some of the most difficult conditions due to the fact that the previous surgery by Dr.Dushinski had been done so incredibly poorly. After learning the procedure that was followed in the USA and the techniques implemented it made what Dr.Dushinski did look like something from the time when Doctors still used leeches in medical practice. Don't waste your time or your money, go to a professional which unfortunately Dr.Dushinski is not.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Glad to say I didn't have the experience as some others. I found Dr. Dushinski very polite and professional. His office staff were kind and really helped me to get booked in for my procedure promptly. Had it done a couple days ago with no complications and I feel great! Very thankful for this doctor and his skills. Now I can go on my planned vacation feeling myself again! Would trust him again for sure!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

I lost one kidney because of him since he didn't do any of diagnostic (CT, XRAY, ultrasound, etc..) before my surgery, and he told me my surgery should be very common and no need to worry about anything before I signed for surgery. On the day of my surgery. my wife not able to find him after the surgery and no one can confirm what's going on except over 30 cm long cut on my belly which indicated Dr.Dushinski not follows what I been told for the surgery. I still remember his anesthetist told me "this surgery is safer than driving a car, don't worry and see you in few hours" Who can explain driving a car can lose one kidney? is that kind of safer they referring to?

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

My cousin's husband went for a so-called routine little surgery, low-grade carcinoma on the right urethra. During the surgery one of the main veins, and perhaps also an artery, was cut. The man lost 5 litres of blood in 5 minutes. 3 days later he was dead. The autopsy showed the low-grade carcinoma on the left side (not the right side!!!) I could go on and on.... Great job, Dr. Dushinski! Hope you don't sleep well at night....

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

He's been great, gave me plenty of time to ask questions. He got me in to see him & into a surgery relatively quickly. Ridiculous some on here want him fired because he doesn't hand out hugs, get a teddy bear...

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Great doctor, I felt relaxed when I first saw him and explains everything

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016