Ratings for Dr. John Dushinski

I had a reverse vasectomy from Dr.Dushinski. The result was a complete failure and not only that but I was left in extreme pain and had trouble healing with an enormous amount of swelling. After doing some research I ended up going to a professional in the United States who did an amazing job and the result was a success even though what he described was some of the most difficult conditions due to the fact that the previous surgery by Dr.Dushinski had been done so incredibly poorly. After learning the procedure that was followed in the USA and the techniques implemented it made what Dr.Dushinski did look like something from the time when Doctors still used leeches in medical practice. Don't waste your time or your money, go to a professional which unfortunately Dr.Dushinski is not.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Glad to say I didn't have the experience as some others. I found Dr. Dushinski very polite and professional. His office staff were kind and really helped me to get booked in for my procedure promptly. Had it done a couple days ago with no complications and I feel great! Very thankful for this doctor and his skills. Now I can go on my planned vacation feeling myself again! Would trust him again for sure!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

I lost one kidney because of him since he didn't do any of diagnostic (CT, XRAY, ultrasound, etc..) before my surgery, and he told me my surgery should be very common and no need to worry about anything before I signed for surgery. On the day of my surgery. my wife not able to find him after the surgery and no one can confirm what's going on except over 30 cm long cut on my belly which indicated Dr.Dushinski not follows what I been told for the surgery. I still remember his anesthetist told me "this surgery is safer than driving a car, don't worry and see you in few hours" Who can explain driving a car can lose one kidney? is that kind of safer they referring to?

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

My cousin's husband went for a so-called routine little surgery, low-grade carcinoma on the right urethra. During the surgery one of the main veins, and perhaps also an artery, was cut. The man lost 5 litres of blood in 5 minutes. 3 days later he was dead. The autopsy showed the low-grade carcinoma on the left side (not the right side!!!) I could go on and on.... Great job, Dr. Dushinski! Hope you don't sleep well at night....

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

He's been great, gave me plenty of time to ask questions. He got me in to see him & into a surgery relatively quickly. Ridiculous some on here want him fired because he doesn't hand out hugs, get a teddy bear...

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Great doctor, I felt relaxed when I first saw him and explains everything

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Very helpful. Had a nephrectomy. Doing well thanks to Dr. Dushinski and staff. Also staff at Rocky view were amazing and helpful. Very patient and explained in detail what to expect.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

An outstanding practitioner with exceptional surgical skills and a great listener!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

He is one of the most cold and detached humans, least of all a Doctors, I have ever encountered. Literally, he should not be able to practice anywhere. A disgrace to the Urology profession. His inability to explain what the patient is facing and expectations of what to expect are staggering. Once again, his presence in the OR are putting people's health and life at risk.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

DR. Dushinski has done prostate cancer surgery and kidney stone laser 4 times on me . He is an outstanding surgeon , very efficient, always on time. over that period of time -12 years ,I have dealt with his office staff (Bev) meany times and found her to be very capable and helpful.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015