Ratings for Dr. Chris Mahoney

Again had to wait 2 hours just to see the doctor for 2 minutes. Parking at Jim Pattison is expensive and I shouldn't have to spend my day waiting for an appointment. Dr. Mahoney has been no help to me dealing with gestational diabetes. They offer no help with diet and meal planning. When I think I am eating healthy foods my numbers are high and they tell me to eat differently without offering advice. I thought that was the job dietitians. Going to be talking to my doctor about getting referred to someone else.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I have been a T1 Diabetic for 25+ Years, the knowledge that Dr Mahoney shared with me was not given to me by any doctor ever..... this changed my complete outlook towards my scare of hypoglycemia in the night time, he is straight to the point , I cannot thank this doctor enough for sharing with me the knowledge which has changed the way I look at my sugar control.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

He's actually not an endocrinologist. He is an internal medicine specialist who has an interest in endocrinology. Besides that he is really nice.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Love Dr. Mahoney. Always makes the time to discuss my concerns, although sometimes I have had to wait while he is dealing with the patient before me. Very friendly and strives to ensure my health needs are met. Highly recommend Dr. Mahony.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

This doctor really pisses me off. I have waited 3hrs for my first appointment and now 2 hrs and still waiting for my second. I have things to do and when I made the appointments originally they told me he'd be 45min the most. 3hrs is ridiculous time to wait for a doctor. That's my entire day. Sitting waiting with no food.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I saw Dr. Mahony at Jim Pattison when i was pregnant with my first baby and I have to say he is by far the BEST endocrinologist I have ever had. He takes him time to make sure you know exactly what you're doing in regards to taking care of your diabetes. One thing I liked most about him was that if I came in with crazy BG readings he didn't make me feel like a scolded child instead he instilled confidence in me that I could do this and manage my diabetes properly. He also got me setup with an Omnipod pump within a matter of weeks and it has changed my life!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Although he does go through a "script" with each patient, he has taken his experience with other patients and treats you as the regular diabetic who hasn't learned proper management techniques. Dr. Mahoney took me as a patient after I suffered a zero blood sugar for a period exceeding 5 minutes and taught me how to test and manage myself. I am in the best health of my 37 years of diabetes thanks to the doctor and am living a very good life now.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

I have seen Dr. Mahoney several times and he is supposed to be one of the best. If he is talking and you want to bring up a question he will say wait till i am finished as it is almost like he is reading from a script which i find rude. My Dr. has tried to make an appointment several times and he gets the Receptionist recording saying she will return his call on several occasions and has not. I asked my Dr. to find another endocrinologist as i find that he if can't get an answer who can?

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

Thank-you a million times over Dr. Mahoney! you and your staff are the only reason I was able to have a healthy baby boy, almost 13 years ago. Oh, how I yearned to have a baby, and you and your team helped me believe in myself & equipped me with new skills to successfully carry out a full term pregnancy. I haven't seen you since then, but God bless you for being helpful, and non judgemental every single week you saw me. You're truly my hero! I wish you luck, love and laughter.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2012

Dr Mahony is a great doctor if you listen to his advice. I only have to see him every 3 weeks because I follow his instructions exactly, and my gestational diabetes are kept well under control. The only people I have seen that seem to have a problem with him seem to be the ones who don't follow his advice. The wait times can run a bit long though

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012