Ratings for Dr. Michael Henry

Dr. Henry is an excellent diagnostician. He is a caring and compassionate doctor who takes the time and care to accurately respond to questions. The staff were courteous and I was seen in a timely manner. I consider myself fortunate to have been referred to him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I do not understand where some of these negative comments are coming from. Having just had both cataracts surgically removed, I can only offer the highest praise for Dr Henry and his staff and office. Dr Henry has a busy practice and sees many patients and everyone is taken in turn. If one has to wait to be seen it is because he is one person and he will spend the time with you explaining the process and its intricacies. He does his surgeries on Wednesday and all his post operative patients are seen the very next morning. You are seen again the next week, this time in the afternoon as his most recent operations are seen in the morning. The office staff maintain a steady flow of patients through the various rooms again, in order of arrival. The technicians are excellent, perform the tests carefully and pleasantly. At my first appointment to assess my cataracts, the waiting room was already full. This is also the case with my ophthalmologist. It is the way it is. But at no time did I ever feel I was not receiving the very best care and consideration. I was so impressed that despite the full waiting room, Dr Henry took the time to fully examine me, explain the process, explain the options for lenses and I never felt rushed or dismissed. The surgeries were amazing, so totally successful and I am so impressed with my vision. Dr Henry is a gem, he is an expert in cataract surgery and I would recommend him to anyone needing cataract surgery.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

RUDE STAFF* 0 customer service experience long wait times to speak to receptionist, not friendly at ALL

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr. Henry is very competent, kind and knowledgeable. My cataract surgery was a complete success and he was happy to address all of my questions and concerns. The office staff are somewhat abrupt and patients should be warned that the appointment times are not precise. You must be prepared to spend several hours in the waiting room, which is very basic and not terribly clean. Other than that, I would recommend Dr. Henry for eye surgery to anyone, without hesitation.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I know you can wait along time in the office for all the tests and seeing the doctor but to me that's a good sign of a good doctor, I personally found the girls at the desk to be extremely kind and nice to me, also the doctor is ready to help and answer all questions with options. I am glad l was referred to Dr, Henry

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

My vision kept getting more and more blurry to the point where I could barely see out of my left eye, and multiple doctors kept telling me my eyes were fine, nothing wrong. I saw Dr. Henry, who did a lot of tests, which revealed I had a cataract in my left eye and one forming in my right. After a lot of discussion about options, I had cataract surgery and can see again. The staff was always very pleasant with me each time I was there or called. The few times I called in with questions I assumed the staff could answer, instead Dr. Henry picked up the phone and answered them himself.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Absolutely destroyed my fathers vision who is now BLIND. Stay away from this doctor at all costs.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

Dr. Henry knows his stuff and cares about his patients. However, almost all of his front desk staff are absolutely horrible and should be fired! (I hope you read this Doctor!). They don't deserve to have a job! He is also so good that he triple books each 15 min appointment. leaving people waiting 3 hours to see him. If you get out within 2 hrs of your appointment time, consider yourself extremely lucky. Dr. Henry also needs to give up this small office in an old decrepit building and get himself a newer office that is big enough to handle all his patients. I suggest Dr. Henry go visit the Toronto Retina Institute at the Shops of Dons Mills to see how a real eye doctor's office should look and "flow".

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Dr. Michael Henry is a great doctor, he knows what he is doing and he cares for his patients. My experience with him as a patient is second to none and so was the experience of my father and a friend of mine.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Staff are rude and speak Russian. Very unfriendly except one girl there. I will never go back. The doctor was okay but can't handle his staff

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015