Ratings for Dr. Robert Granger

Thank you Dr. Granger for putting up with me during my gallbladder surgery. I know I was a bit of whiner. I was so lucky to be one of your patient. cheers.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Outstanding, thoughtful and caring doctor who did my colonoscopy and referred me to an excellent surgeon for removing a carpet TVA through TEMS procedure.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

Love this guy to the moon and back! He is the best of the best and if you are lucky enough to be a patient of his you can leave all y our cares and concerns behind - he will take care of you!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I'm not impressed a person without the manners to remember to take time to explain to your patients. Not impressed

Submitted March 17, 2017

Dr. Granger was my surgeon to remove my esophagus after treatment for a GIST tumour and also installed my feeding tube twice. I found him to be caring , professional and a great surgeon. Highly recommend him! Thank you for being part of an incredible team that saved my life!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Dr Granger is amazing, my husband was diagnosed with Stage 4 Colorectal cancer in September 2015, Dr Granger personally phone the BC Cancer agency as we had not seen an oncologist and was leaving on a 3 week overseas trip, which he ok'd only if we saw an oncologist before we went. We had an appointment scheduled for the following day. He has been extremely supportive, encouraging and caring through out my husbands treatments. He has answered all our question, made himself available via telephone during my husbands hospital stay, even though he was away with his family. All the nurses and interns speak so highly of him. We couldn't have asked for better care, we are still on our journey but having Dr Granger as part of our team gives us the faith that we will have a positive outcome. He is simply the best

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

I am so grateful to have had Dr. Granger as my surgeon. he is the best surgeon and I can't be more thankful ******* you should consider yourself very lucky if you get him as your doctor/surgeon *******

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Granger is a very busy man. You are very lucky if he is your surgeon, he is one of the best. People don't realize Complications do happen with any surgery. You can't expect a quick fix. You have to do your part also, he looked after me when I was very sick in RCH.I am very greatful! He is very caring and knows his stuff!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I waited for over 20 hours in the ER at the Royal Columbian with a perforated appendix. The ER staff could not find a bed for me. I had to wait for an available surgeon and/or vacant OR. Dr. Granger came to see me in the ER and told me that he would perform the appendectomy as soon as he could. There were other more critical surgeries ahead of mine. When it was finally my turn to get the surgery, I was almost unconscious from the pain and infection. Dr. Granger was incredible, caring and knowledgeable. I am so fortunate that he was the surgeon on call at the time. His staff found me a hospital bed in the surgical unit. Dr. Granger is a very busy man but after the surgery he came around every morning to my hospital bed to see how I was doing. He answered all of my questions. The first night after surgery, I had some complications due to a pre-existing medical condition. The nurses contacted him in the middle of the night. They told me that he responded right away. When I went for the post surgical follow up appointment a month later at his office, his staff were friendly and Dr. Granger saw me right away. I am so grateful that Dr. Granger was my surgeon. He saved my life. He and his staff took excellent care of me. Dr. Granger is the best.

Submitted May 12, 2015

My mom was admitted in July 2014 to Royal Columbian after many issues at home, what we were told as a blockage in her liver duct which in turn a stint was put in (that caused an infection all through her body and was on antibiotic drips and pills for 6 months) was actually a mass at the head of her pancreas. We were misinterpreted that they had caught it early and it was small. But after 5 weeks in the hospital And a drainage tube later still nothing had been done. She was in and out of RCH for the entire summer and surgery was never discussed with us although we were told it was an option. The entire time she spent there we only seen him once even after explicit talks work staff that we the family want to be present when discussions and decisions are made/happen instead of secretly "checking in" on her at 5-6am. In the end no surgery or further contact was made from Dr. Granger, to me he was a man without a face and didn't seem to care all that much. We spent the last 7 months of her life in and out of hospitals with very little options left. My mom died at home on Jan 22 of this year, 3 months before her 60th birthday. I do feel like more could've been done for her, even though ultimately she was going to pass.

Submitted May 12, 2015