Ratings for Dr. David Yip

Ive had Dr Yip as a Doctor for the last 20 years. I love him as does my family who now attends his services. I can always get in when needed and Amber is a delight.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

I had him for about 10 years. He really is getting worse. I totally identified many bad comments people previously posted e.g. he has no patience, is unsympathetic, he does not like patients to ask questions.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Dr. David yip is very knowledgeable and helpful . Know him for 25 years. Wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

When my girlfriend's little 9 year-old boy kicked me in the groin, I scheduled an appointment with Dr. David Yip at his Terra Losa Medical Office. I needed to see him as the pain I was feeling had not subsisted for several hours. At the clinic, I had to wait for about 45 minutes. The receptionist was not helpful. What was worse was Dr. David Yip himself. He was very unsympathetic about what had happened. As a matter of fact, he even questioned me about my relationship with the boy, saying that I was "nothing" to the child since I was not his real Dad, only his Mom's boyfriend, and that I had no right disciplining the boy and laying a finger in him. I told Dr. Yip that the little kid is unruly, naughty, and physically aggressive, but he didn't seem to care. He seemed to imply that I was to blame for the boy kicking me in the privates, and that the boy was only reacting to me intimidating him and quote, "bossing him around." Dr. David Yip told me, "Why would a little 9 year-old kid kick you in the balls?? That's not normal! You better watch it." As he examined my testicles, he was rough, rolling the organs around with his fingers and applying slight pressure which only exacerbated the discomfort . He told me he was only looking for any swelling or rupture, and that it was necessary for him to feel and examine my testicles thoroughly. After about a minute of such rough handling, he said, "Your balls look okay" (yes, he kept using the word 'balls' throughout the appointment). "There's no swelling from what I can see," he added. Fortunately, the pain in my testicles finally went away the next morning, though they still did not feel 100 percent normal for about a week. I called Dr. Yip about this, but he kept telling me that that was normal, according to him, "That's what a kick in the balls does!," he told me with a slight chuckle. I couldn't believe his insensitivity! When I asked him something, he snapped "I already answered your question! How many times do I have to keep repeating myself?" Dr. David Yip is a terrible doctor who is not only insensitive but arrogant. Never again will I go see him.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

The worst doctor I've had. One time I brought my elderly mother to see him, and when my Mom asked him a simple question, he snapped "Are you the doctor or am I the doctor?!" Another time I visited him, and when I asked him to clarify, he told me, "You asked me the same question already, how many times do I have to explain it to you?!" I was so taken aback by his rudeness on both occasions, I started to look for another family doctor. My nephew also went to see him a few years back, and had done a urine test. There was protein in the test results, which Dr. Yip failed to note and tell my nephew. My nephew got stricken with kidney disease, which could have been detected earlier had Dr. Yip followed up with the tests that were done four years back. Terrible doctor. No wonder he's still accepting patients. It appears he doesn't have the client base that better physicians have.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Yip really goes downhill last few years . He does not want to answer patient's questions. He always tell patient to keep quiet. He can only handle simple cases. He seemed to put more time to look at his computer than talking to his patient or listen to his patient . If people has complicated problem, he is not the right doctor to go to.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Will not look at all the symptoms, which caused me to be delayed in a diagnosis. He also ( probably without realizing) seems to take men more seriously than women. He is a very nice man and he shows compassion.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

I have had Doctor Yip as my family physician for the past 5 years. During this time, I have found him always to be punctual and helpful. He has helped me with my insurance claim one year when I had a horrible skin infection with prevented me from going on my trip. He also treated the skin infection as well properly after seeing a mediclinic doctor who was not helpful at all. He also helped me to write a medical letter that was required so that I can get a certain license. I can see how people might regard him as uncaring, but I find him to be courteous and pleasant and knowledgeable. If you're looking for a doctor to talk about problems with your personal life, he's not the guy, but because he is to the point and direct, he will see you in a punctual manner, which is very important to me. I have never had to wait for more than 15 mins to see him.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

I think Dr Yip needs to remember that without a decent bedside manor he is not fully treating his patients. My child was in seeing Dr Yip for a very serious issue. During the exam I questioned what could potentionally have my child feeling ill. He basically told me to be quiet and let him ask the questions. We brought our child to the Dr because we were concerned! At the end of the visit my questions still went unanswered. We are currently looking for a new family Dr. However yhe office staff are wonderful!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2013

If you need treatment for an elderly parent I would go elsewhere as this doctor has no empathy for them

flag | Submitted December 8, 2012