Ratings for Dr. Anupama D. Yedla

Not a great experience. Saw her for 18 months. I apparently missed too many appointments, but wasn't told this until she said if I missed one more I could no longer be seen. Compassion and listening are not her strong suit. I never felt she understood my issues were as serious as they were. As she is in Huntsville only 2 days a week, there is no way to reach her to cancel an appointment other than they day of. I have a child and some health problems, so this was an issue for me. And frankly, if I had myself together, I wouldn't need to be seen. I ended up missing an appointment due to illness and was dropped. About a month afterwards, when u ran out of meds, I became suicidal and tried to self admit to hospital but left after 12 hours of waiting to be admitted. I didn't bother to call her because of her inflexible nature. I do see a psychologist regularly but also need meds it would seem. If you can keep all appointments and don't mind a slightly robotic demeanor, you might be okay. Otherwise, I'd skip it. Her staff is lovely. Wait times varied wildly.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

2006 - 2012. Dr. Yedla always had medical students in the office when seeing me. I was unable to communicate with her as well as I wanted due to this. After a tragic event in my life which I was hysterical over (my son died) she didn't to see me any more. I had called her office and asked if I might be able to see her that day because I wasn't dealing with his death very well. She had a cancellation that afternoon, when I saw Dr. Yedla acted surprised that I was crying and unable to compose myself. After what seemed like forever, she asked me to suck it up. I looked at her, she had no compassion in her eyes at all. Dr Yedla started talking about my meds rather then me. She said she would no longer write my prescriptions for GAD. Which was strange because I wasn't there for a med check nor did I ask for any. Dr Yedla doesn't like actually helping people, status quo. Do Not Expect Compassion from this woman.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

Found the right diagnosis and listened to my input.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

I've never visited a doctor so cruel and judgmental on my first visit. This person Dr. Yedla definitely jumps straight to conclusions. All she did was try to intimidate me everytime I answered her questions. First impressions do matter. I strongly recommend that if you are looking for help this would not be the right doctor to visit. You will only lose time and money.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

I suffer from Avoidant personality disorder, agoraphobia and panic disorder. This is a self diagnosis because Dr Yedla does not know how to diagnos people. Everytime I would go to her office, she would have 3 or 4 medical students in there staring at me and I clammed up. She would stare at my evaluation with a confused look on her face and treated me as if I was wasting her time. The last time I went to see her, she left me in the wating room for 90 minutes. Yes, and hour and a half! I ended up leaving cause I was having an anxiety attack.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2011

I've been seeing her for about 3 or 4 years and she is very helpful and always going out of her way to make sure my medicines are just right. Hats off to her office staff as well!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2008

Dr. Anupama D. Yedla's Credentials

• Dr Br Ambedkar Med Coll, Bangalore Univ, Bangalore, Karnataka (Grad. 1995)