Ratings for Dr. W. Hendriks

you wait a very long time to see him. then you wait a very long time in the office to get into the room to see him. only to be presented with more medications. not everyone wants more drugs doctor. then only to find out later i was referred to a specialist which was never discussed with me at all.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

I had a bunch of symptoms keeping me from work. Saw a lot of specialists who couldn't help me, other than ruling out certain causes. Went back to Dr Hendriks who prescribed exactly what I needed to return to work. Took excellent care of my dad while in the hospital. He always took the time to listen to our concerns.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Great doctor, was able to get me in right away for kidney stone surgery as I was in intense pain.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

Did not help me at all. Prescribes way too many medications. Everyone's got depression! He should take a look at the stuff he prescribes for a change

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

What an arrogant man...it is apparent he feels he always need to get the credit for everything. When in fact that is not the case. I think it is a matter of his confidence level being low. I think his knowledge of medicine is ok. If I didn't have to put up with his personality would have been better.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

First off, Dr Hendricks' nurse Christina is very rude. Every time I have to call for an appointment, I am out off by her. She is not very helpful and tells me to go to emerge for prescription refills when I cannot get in to my Dr Hendriks. The wait time to get in with this dr is about two months because although he is at max capacity he continues to accept new patients. He will write a prescription for anything (all of my friends get their narcs from him) without needing proof of why they are needed. He writes Rxs for benzodiazepines like nothing just to keep people coming back. This doctor writes prescriptions but will not investigate or get to the bottom of the root cause. His prescriptions are often wrong, leaving me waiting days or in a couple of situations weeks! Because he is arrogant and will not respond to my pharmacys' fax requests for him to fix my prescription. He has prescribed me antibiotics I'm allergic to even though he is aware of my allergies, for example. Just an arrogant, ignorant, rushed doctor. Unless you're looking for an easy prescription, nobody sick should ever waste their time with this man.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Probably one of the best dr's i have ever met, I firmly believe he saved my life, and when i requested hip replacement he had me in in only a few short months, Thank you!!!!!!!! If you are fortunate to have him as your family Dr. you will be well looked after

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I worked with Dr Hendricks in Wetadkiwin 15 years ago. I was in a different office from him but he often performed anaesthesia for my patients and I worked along side him and other doctors in the ER at Wetaskiwin. He had an extremely pleasant personality and he had an encyclopedic knowledge of medicine. His personality was awesome but he remained modest regarding his medical skills. His knowledge often came to the fore when he joined us at evening post-graduate education. If he is your doctor I strongly believe you are in excellent hands. An ex Wetadkiwin physician.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

EXCELLENT DOCTOR I WILL SAY HE IS NOT PUNCTUAL BUT I WOULD RATHER WAIT AND KNOW HE IS NOT JUST PUSHING HIS PATIENTS OUT THE DOOR.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Dr. Hendriks is the best dr. He delivered all 3 of my babies and he has an amazing technique so you don't tear. I've been in delivery rooms with other people and I was horrified by their technique. Since he doesn't do deliveries anymore, that means my baby days are over too as I wouldn't want any other dr. He is patient and kind. Great with kids. He got me into surgery within a day of seeing him (I had been to ER with my problem and was fluffed off). When he sees a problem that requires a specialist his ego doesn't get in the way and gets you to the best possible specialists. He got my one son into specialists within a few days. His patient load is high because he is a great dr. The wait time can be high but he is just giving everyone the time they need. It isn't as bad now since he gave up deliveries. I guess people didn't realize that he had to take off to the hospital to deliver a baby. He is an amazing doctor and our small town is lucky to have such a doctor.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011