Ratings for Dr. Johann Viljoen

I have been coming to Dr. Johann since the clinic opened, he is the only Doctor we trust. He is great with my kids, and is very caring. The ladies at the front desk are more than amazing, they are very helpful and are very good with my children as well they always ask how they are doing when I come in alone. If doctor Johann does not have the answers he will send you to a specialist. Best doctor in town hands down!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Staff was nice but people were rude to them in wait room. Dr I s ok

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr V is a very good Dr. He has been very patient and done whatever he could to help my 80 year old mother. He is very patient with her many questions and medical issues. He accepted her as a patient instead of a walk in so she did not have to wait so long. My husband recently had a heart attack and we were not happy with my husband's gp so I took him to Dr V who agreed to look at all his test results and advise us in the upcoming months. He and the rest of his staff are professional and they care about patients.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Best team I've seen yet!! They are so fast and helpful. Never an uncomfortable experience.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

This Dr. need to get his head out of his #ss. Thinks he is the be all and end all. Stop being lazy and look up things you don't know. Pretending you know what you are talking about then getting called on it makes you look uneducated. We come to you expecting you do your job and not just to collect a paycheck. Stop acting uninterested in what others have to say and Dr up. Would not recommend this Dr or this clinic. Just in it for the money.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

There are much better Drs, he just seems to be so uninterested in his work and doesn't do much when you're in there. He's got such a flat affect.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Dr Viljoen is compassionate and is very knowledgable. He's well connected in the medical community and has discussed my medical issues with specialists and is diligent about getting me in for tests and consults with them as quickly as possible. He offers me alternatives to prescriptions and doesn't force them on me to bandaid things. I'm so glad to have found him as a doctor after my previous Doctor of 20 years retired. His staff have always been kind and courteous to me as well.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

I have gone to Dr Viljoen for about 4 or 5 years. My late wife had Alzheimer's and he was absolutely fabulous in helping us on our journey. Being under 65 other Alzheimer's doctors would not even accept her as a patient. Dr Johann opened some doors for us making it possible to get appointments and consultations. As he has had personal experience with a Loved one having this disease he was extremely compassionate. 5 years ago I had a heart attack and the hospital told me I needed a local doctor rather than one of the top doctors in Calgary I had been going to although I had lived in RD for 10 years at that time. Dr V accepted me as a patient and has been a thoughtful and caring companion on my journey with a few health issues. The specialists he has referred me to are the tops in their fields.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

A little hard to communicate/discuss issues with, and is very quick to prescribe. He's been my family doctor for the last few years because that's who my parents went to and I just stuck with him. He's very a good man and helpful. Knows his stuff, and I'm very grateful my mom had him as a doctor when she first found out she had cancer. He suspected something was wrong and cancer was possible, and I'm very impressed how he communicated gently with her and not in a way that made her panic. He's always been good with my dad and I after my mom passed and does not dismiss things as unimportant like some doctors do. He does care and is very knowledgeable, but is a quiet person. I just personally need more in-depth discussion with a doctor.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Useless. Doesn't know anything. Pretty much just gives you the most simple common sense answers. Had to switch doctors. Front desk staff also very rude.

Submitted February 18, 2015