You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Iris Mary Kumpula

It's interesting how negative reviews on this site get deleted and it looks like Dr. Kumpula herself writes the only positive ones. She has quite a harsh bedside manner, is quite cold and more like an unloving mother that scolds you than a therapist who would help you through emotional issues. She is consistently late and tries to push mainly religious solutions on her patients. She is helpful with medication but may make you feel worse about yourself if you open up to her. Overall, not helpful as a therapist at all. Think of her as a medical doctor and tell your problems to someone else.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

I must say I am shocked to read the negative reviews on Dr Kumpula. It's like I am reading about a totally different doctor. I have been seeing her, when necessary, over the last 20 years. She is caring. compassionate and is the epitome of professionalism. I am impressed with her knowledge and that she stays current, not on on psychiatric issues but medical issues overall. She has managed my depression successfully and helped with many other issues that have come up over the years. I consider myself lucky to be her patient and to have been referred to her. I hope people don't read these reviews before visiting her as you will be missing out on some excellent psychiatric care. Unfortunately it's the negative people who tend to leave reviews. Don't let these reviews stop you from checking her out and making your own decision.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

D r. Kumpula is a discrace to to helping professions. She does not take care of her own health concerns and then blames you because she cannot remember when your last appointment was or what you had discussed. She is very judgemental, out of date with her knowledge, and does not listen. Her office is filled with items from value village and uncomfortable seating and is only concerned with browsing through her perscriptions book and invalidating you. save yourself the grief and heartache and avoid this "doctor" and look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

How this woman ever got licenced to practice anything is a mystery to me. No wonder she can’t keep her eyes open. She follows an endless checklist of mostly irrelevant questions, plus any other nosy trivia that pops into her head, and every time I tried to get back to my problem, she'd cut me off. After almost three exhausting hours of questions that included which church Sunday school I went to as a child and to which religion do I currently belong (none), I suddenly realized what was afoot. When she suggested my problem was my “punishment,” it was game over for me.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2013

The worst experience with a doctor in my life. She made me terrified to see any doctor after my visit. So uncaring! So unhelpful! Before leaving her office, after telling me there was nothing wrong with me, and to basically leave and never contact her again( and believe me I never would have) I drank heavily for 3 years! She was so depressing.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2012

Very judgmental, harsh, forces me to talk only about what she wants. Frequently almost falling asleep in the middle of a conversation: or she is absolutely uninterested in my words and health, or she is terribly deprived of sleep. I have to be under the care of a psychiatrist, and there is no choice in Edmonton, so I just should go there.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Very judgmental. She sat with me for two hours and told me that there was a 0 percent chance that I was normal... What a word to use. Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Dr. Kumpula has honestly gotten me the help that I needed - she knew who to call to make it happen and since then it seems like she cares about my follow up. The 'nodding off' is indeed disconcerting, especially when I am mid-sentence and her eyes are drooping and ready to close. I have had a few incidences of personal conjecture and I try to take it in stride, however, the last time I was there she said something completely ridiculous (and Freudian, which I disagree with) and now I am beginning to have my doubts. Either way, she was a great help to get the diagnosis, now to just continue that level of care.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2009

My family and I refer to her as 'snoozy'. While in converations with her she seems to yawn & closes her eyes like she is nodding off?!!? Pay a doctor what her fees are and be treat so unimportant that she can't even stay awake long enough to comprehend much of anything! Not impressed at all. I warn you not to waste a second of your time on her.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

Not veru hepfull in dealing with our problem. Office veru untidy.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2008

Dr. Iris Mary Kumpula's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "It's interesting how negative reviews on this site get deleted and it looks like Dr. Kumpula herself writes the only positive ones. She has quite a harsh bedsid..."

January 26, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kumpula is not so much of a therapist as someone with credentials to prescribe and monitor medications. If you attempt to discuss your problems or thoughts ..."

December 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kumpula is rude, judgemental, mean, racist, orders you to do things that would actually make your situation far worse based on a passing comment and her kne..."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I must say I am shocked to read the negative reviews on Dr Kumpula. It's like I am reading about a totally different doctor. I have been seeing her, when neces..."

March 5, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "D r. Kumpula is a discrace to to helping professions. She does not take care of her own health concerns and then blames you because she cannot remember when you..."

February 2, 2015