Ratings for Dr. Colleen Friesen

For a short period of time I saw Dr. Friesen. She always greater me with a smile and a hug. She was a breath of fresh air and helped me not stress about health issues as I worry a lot. I was very greatfull to know her and have her as a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

I cannot imagine there is a more competent,caring and compassionate physician on this planet. She took stellar care of me and other pts. I knew. I miss her dearly since she went to Copeman. With that said she now may not have to work 12 hours a day like she did at the other clinic. Her health and quality of life matters to me! Maureen D.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

I was a patient of Dr Friesen's for many years in public health care. Sadly, those who need her the most can not afford that kind of money and I feel do sorry for those previous patients of hers...including my family members.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I was heartbroken when I received a letter from Dr. Friesen saying she would no longer be practicing because of personal reasons. Imagine my surprise when I discovered months later that she moved from public care to private care. In a Global Edmonton interview (July 18, 2012) she says the clinic evaluates "lifestyle, their history, their family history and seeing any kind of health issues that could happen and...trying to get on top of them before they happen." Frankly I thought that's what we were doing while I was her patient for 13 years. While she’s a good doctor, I won’t be paying $3,900 a year out of my own pocket to see her again. I hope she’s more punctual with her new, paying patients. It was extremely annoying waiting 1-2 hours after my scheduled appointment before I actually saw her.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

Dr. Friesen is just as wonderful as ever and working at Copeman Healthcare Centre on 124 street and 102 avenue. This is a private clinic that is worth every penny. Not only do you get Dr. Friesen but you get an abundance of other healthcare services offered under one roof! Such a wonderful clinic with a wonderful suiting doctor!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

Dr. Friesen has been our family Dr. for 17 years and we are very sorry to see her go. She is a Dr. who truly cares about her patients on a medical and personal level.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr.Friesen's for just over 18 years and I was sad to hear that she is ending her practice. She has always been kind & caring to me and always eager to help me with any of my health problems. She is late with her appointments but that is because she spends all the time you need her to and doesn't rush you out like others. I will miss her and not looking forward to finding another family doctor!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

Dr. Friesen is not on time because she takes as much time with each patient that they need. She truly cares and goes above and beyond. She is AMAZING ! She's been my doctor about 11 years and I wish there were more like her !!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

I've been seeing Colleen since she took the practice over from Dr. Young so something like 16+ years and yes she's been known to be late at times however it's due to her compassion and willingness to spend whatever time is needed with her patients. I wouldn't have it any other way! She's the most compassionate Dr. I've ever had and can't imagine not having her to go to. She's caring, knowledgeable and always willing to go above and beyond to ensure I'm comfortable with whatever happens to be going on with my health. She never jumps to a "quick fix" and takes the time to ensure all the bases are covered. I not only consider her to be a great doctor but also a FRIEND and in this day and age that's saying something!!!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2009

She is AMAZING. I have been seeing her for over 14 years and she is still as concerned today as she was my first visit. She takes the time to find out the issue and works hard with you to figure out the solution. She is extremely knowledgable, caring, compassionate and personable. She usually runs late but I think its because she wants to get ALL the information on whats wrong so she can properly diagnose you and she really makes sure you understand all your options before you walk out her door...I really appreciate that kind of attention, even if there is a wait. In this day in age, there are not may people like her. She makes you feel like a person, not a number. If you have her as a doctor, consider yourself one of the lucky ones, there is no one else like her. She is amazing.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009