Ratings for Dr. Raphael Sharon

So disappointed! I found Dr. Sharon dismissive and condescending. No discussion,not a good listener at all. He was quick to percribe medication after a 30 second exam of my son and didn't even check to see if there were contraindications to using the medication. When I reminded him of my son's severe allergies he quickly decided on another treatment! After being seen for 5 years at the same clinic you'd like to think a doctor would look into a patients chart before a visit. Way to rushed and overconfident in himself. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Dr. Sharon is always very accommodating and takes wonderful care of my children when they are sick. My daughter is very nervous around doctors and can be difficult, yet he always is kind and funny and helps her to relax and cooperate while also explaining to her why it is important and how it will help her get better. Wait times are short and when my children are sick we can get in within 24 hours. He is thorough and we never feel rushed.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Always impressed with Dr.Sharon. Appointments are easy to get without wait time. Dr.Sharon answers all questions and is very knowledgeable

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

I needed a pediatrician after the birth of my 3 child as my original pediatrician was away on holidays during that time. I searched and asked around , and based on the reviews , I decided to book with Dr Sharon. I was pleasantly surprised. The clinic is very nice , clean, and lots of sitting room. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I didn’t have to wait long at all. Dr. Sharon was very pleasant and friendly. I felt that he was very knowledgeable and answered my questions and concerns in a caring and supportive manner. This was very comforting since my last doctor ( as well as his staff) were bit condescending and dismissive. I just want to be clear that I don’t mean it in a personal way. I mean that Dr.Sharon was more thorough. I decided I would bring my other two kids to start seeing him as well. I noticed that the things my previous Dr felt were “not a big deall” dr Sharon still took a look at and still suggested we follow up and confirm with a specialist (in my case checking my sons jaundice with blood work and referring my daughter to a dermatologist) which is more professional and thorough and is the better thing to do. He was not to mention also very friendly with the kids and very respectful and just overall had good bedside manner. I’m very happy to be seeing him now for about 5 months.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

My original paediatrician was Dr.Grimbly who is absolutely amazing and truly cares and obviously loves her job. But while she was on maternity we had to see Dr.Sharon 2 times and it was the worst experience especially after seeing what the Dr should be doing. He barely looked at let alone touched my daughter, and he was in and out in 3 minutes. I’m in healthcare practice the myself which he didn’t know and should matter to honest but I know he didn’t do a thorough examination of my daughter. He brushed off all my questions and was more concerned with my still feeding at night. Very condescending and wouldn’t recommend him to anyone. Was so happy to have Dr.Grimbly back. Too bad she’s gone again and I definitely will not be staying with the clinic

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

We have been taking our 2 kids to Dr Sharon for the past 10 years. His bedside manner is impeccable and both our sons think he is the funniest guy. He always takes the times to ask us (and the boys directly, which I love) if we have any other questions. I feel he listens really well and stays uptodate with latest in pediatrics. I have recommended him to several girlfriends who all love him too. Front staff friendly and helpful as well, and his nurse Laurie is lovely. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

Dr. Sharon was recommended to us as a physician with a “special interest in autism” so I took my 3 kids to him assuming he’d be our new paediatrician. I found him not willing to hear me out and he looked down on my parenting choices like nursing on demand with my youngest. He was no more knowledgeable than me looking things up on google. His manner was his biggest turn off. Seemed impatient. I called the Glentose and let them know that they shouldn’t recommend him. We were referred to Dr. Dhunnoo who is fabulous and a polar opposite.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Dr. Sharon is my son´s pediatrician. He´s caring, patient and knowledgeable. I just moved cities and still go to Edmonton for my son´s checkups.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Dr. Sharon is very punctual, I'll give him that. He's been the one to care for my kids since birth (oldest is 8). However, I felt that he was rushing and brushing over my concerns and not being thorough. He is condescending in his approach. After my kids' physical exams taking 5 minutes each, I decided that the next year, I'd bring them to my family doctor. My family doctor found through routine exam that my daughter has a fairly severely curved spine, requiring referral. She was also found to have a heart murmur, that while found to be benign, required investigation as her father has a significant murmur. This Mama is glad she trusted her instincts, and sought care elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

We've seen Dr. Sharon for five years. Used to love and recommend him to other parents of children with Autism. Last year he saw us amfir literally 2 minutes, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. The last time we saw him he was condescending, barely looked at my son and was aloof just rude. We will not be going back. He's really changed since we started seeing him.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017