You may also like

Dr John Cinats is my knee surgeon. He worked on my left knee and has been extremely kind and caring. He may seem quiet and to the point, but he can be awfully funny at times too. He will try anything to alleviate his patient's pain - from suggesting physiotherapy to exercise, and does not overmedicate. I am eternally grateful to him that he recently suggested Sierrasil (non medicinal) to me. It has been helping me more than just painkillers. This doctor cares. You are not just a number with him. You are a human being. Bless you Dr. Cinats!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Dr. Cinats did a remarkable job repairing the meniscus tear in my right knee. He was considerate and informative throughout the process and I am thankful that he was my surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Tore my ACL ~ 2 years ago and finally got in last year w/ the usual long wait list. Dr. Cinats was very kind, caring, and straight to the point. His team was good during the recon ACL. 1 year in with rehab and so far I am pleased.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Two years ago, Dr. Cinats performed emergency surgery on my broken elbow at the Misericordia. . . I have had alot of surgery, but nothing orthopedic, and he was absolutely wonderful. Has a great bed side manner, and considering he had to pin and wire my elbow back together, did a very neat job! Checked me out two weeks later, and gave me his card, should I want the hardware removed. He is so pleasant, kind, I wish he was in general practice, so I could make him my family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I had a right ACL reconstruction done by Dr Cinats. He is a very robotic man that lacks bed side manners, but he does know what he is doing. His office staff are not very good as they have no idea of what to have a patient do before seeing him. They often say stuff like "my manager says that we need to do this" when in reality it makes no sense and ultimately prolongs the wait time to see him. Now that I have gone through the process twice one for my right and now one for my left knee, only now do I know how ridiculous their requests are. They are also not very punctual at getting back to you. Once you get in to see Dr. Cinats, it is much better, however I think I have the world's largest and ugliest scar in comparison to other ACL scars I have seen. If you care about how things look and function, he may not be your doctor.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I have had Dr. Cinats involved in my numerous knee surgeries and replacements and he has always been the utmost professional. I would not trust anyone else with my orthopedic care. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr Cinats is a great surgeon. I suppose I received the standard treatment: long wait to get there, and about 10 seconds of consultation. I had a whole list of questions, but no time to ask. In consequence, I went allong with the surgery that I probably shouldn't have and am living with the consequences.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

I was refered to Dr. Cinats by a sports medicine doctor after 1.5 years of unsuccessful physio following an injury. I was unable to straighten my leg or go about daily activities without excessive swelling. Two MRI's showed swelling, but nothing else. I wasn't sure if he would even operate. I met with him and he examined my knee and thought surgery would help. It was a long wait to get into to see him (7 months) and he normally has a 12 month waitlist for surgery, but bumped me up since I had been dealing with this for so long. I had to miss my first surgery date because I had a bad cold, but they were able to get me in 2 1/2 weeks later! He came by to see me before surgery to review everything again. The first post-op appointment is a long wait (they warn you ahead), but the second was quicker. He gave me as much time off work as I needed to be ready to go back. The surgery exceeded my expectations and I am finally able to walk with a straight leg again! Dr. Cinats is my hero.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2013

Dr. Cinats is a great doctor, if he feels you are worth his time. He did one surgery on me the problem has persisted he has now referred me to another surgeon for a second opinion, although it has been months and I have not heard back from his office. I'm not even sure what the referral is for as he doesn't take the time to explain what is going on. He is very busy but still a minute of explanation would be helpful. Hopefully my story has a good ending as I would really like Dr. Cinats to operate again on my knee as I'm not sure what the alternative is?

flag | Submitted January 1, 2013

Dr. John Cinats's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr John Cinats is my knee surgeon. He worked on my left knee and has been extremely kind and caring. He may seem quiet and to the point, but he can be awfully..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Cinats did a remarkable job repairing the meniscus tear in my right knee. He was considerate and informative throughout the process and I am thankful that h..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Tore my ACL ~ 2 years ago and finally got in last year w/ the usual long wait list. Dr. Cinats was very kind, caring, and straight to the point. His team wa..."

April 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Two years ago, Dr. Cinats performed emergency surgery on my broken elbow at the Misericordia. . . I have had alot of surgery, but nothing orthopedic, and he was..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Wait times for rechecks are horrible!! They book so many people in at once. Never get out under 2hrs"

February 2, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I had a right ACL reconstruction done by Dr Cinats. He is a very robotic man that lacks bed side manners, but he does know what he is doing. His office staff..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have had Dr. Cinats involved in my numerous knee surgeries and replacements and he has always been the utmost professional. I would not trust anyone else wit..."

September 19, 2014