Dr. Stephanie Mason

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Stephanie Mason

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Mason. She started treating me 20 years ago and has never left my side when I needed her since. Kind, generous, insightful, witty, brilliant, not a slave to big pharma...she's the most amazing person I've ever met and the best doctor I have ever had. She has saved my life more than once with her kindness and compassion. Thank you, you are the best!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I have seen many psychiatrists over the years. Dr Mason stands out well above all others. She is cautious and recognizes that life contributes to mood. Values actual talk therapy and prescribes as appropriate in a methodical manner. No shotgun approach of 5 meds at once. Open minded. Down to earth. I'm lucky to have found her!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I enjoy Dr. Masons insights. I have learned better coping skills, she is a tremendous resource for me

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

During a half hour session with this doctor, she answered personal phone calls three times and sent a personal parcel out once, completely wasting the brief session I had booked. Perhaps she harbours bias towards some patients over others. I am very happy to see that she has helped many people. That is all great. However, I have entered her office in a calmer state that I left several times, and that is because she was being deliberately annoying and unprofessional. I was, and still am, subject to a lot of chronic pain and I did not appreciate this extra burden being placed on me.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Mason for approximately 15 years and she has been there through my darkest moments with her empathy and kindness. At this time I am feeling much better. She also has a very good 'bedside' manner and you feel like you're talking to your best friend. I love my visits with Dr. Mason.

Submitted January 25, 2017

I love her, She actually takes the time to consider your feelings and your life situation. Very pleased with Dr. Mason!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

fantastic - a psychiatrist who believes in the value of talking, not simply meds

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr Mason was so easy to talk with and very helpful. It's a relief to finally have a Dr that doesn't want to pump me full of chemicals.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Best clinic that I've ever been to period. Dr. Mason saw me herself.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Dr. Stephanie Mason is truly an exceptional individual. Obviously, it is very difficult to find a psychiatrist in Calgary who is taking patients. After searching 6 years for a psychiatrist that would help me improve, not want to kill myself, I was lucky enough to come across her name on this website. I have been under her care for 4 years for depression and anxiety. She changed my medication and that has been helpful, but it is her kindness and insight that have helped me the most. It's a shame she is no longer taking patients and has moved towards Medical Cannabis based therapy. Although it has not helped me, she believes strongly that this is a very viable alternative to conventional anti-depressant medication. She does have a wonderfully sympathetic heart. When my God-Daughter began to show signs of depression as well as other symptoms, Dr. Mason was no longer taking patients (It was clear to me that she was trying to take on too much and help too many people). But when I offered to give up my visits and let my God-Daughter have them , she laughed and said she would never do that and made an exception for my girl. This child is very precious to me and I would never send her to anyone that I did not trust completely. After a year with Dr. Mason, she is showing signs of improvement. Many comments here indicate that they felt abandoned when Dr. Mason left her conventional practice to take what I assume is some kind of leave to allow her some respite from all she has been through in the last year. Since everyone on this page is nuts (or we wouldn't be seeing her), we should be sympathetic to what it feels like to feel overwhelmed and should not take it personally (Please note - this is total speculation my part as to what happened. I do not have the facts). Although it has become virtually impossible to communicate with her or set up an appointment in the last 4 months, she has made sure the really important issues for me are dealt with. She has written several letters on my behalf and continues to fill my prescriptions diligently. She did send a lovely text to my God-Daughter today (Oct 2016), which was a very welcome thing as she has been missing Dr. Mason and asks me often when she can see her again. Hopefully she will come back to her conventional practice at some point, till then we both wish her all the best.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016