Dr. Stephanie Mason

You may also like

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

I have met with Dr. Mason many times and each time is more delightful. She has helped me more than I could ever explain on a website like this! Dr. Mason is very professional, knowledgeable and enjoyable in general. I couldn't be more elated with Dr.Mason's ability to provide insight and guidance in my life. Thanks again!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

Dr. Mason is specialist and I know she sees many patients. You are lucky to get 45 minutes. Other psychiatrists keep their appointments short and focus only on medication. If she changed your appointment she had to priorize, and I don't think she would say you were low, but you might have been more healthy than the person who needed her time.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

She kept cancelling appointments with me and was often late (and would kick me out on the hour, reducing my appointment time to 45 mins). She blatantly told me that I was "low priority" based on a few questions she had asked me during the initial intake interview and didn't even take my suicidal ideation seriously. Terrible!

Submitted October 24, 2015

I was referred to Dr Mason after years of less than helpful treatment from GPs for my major depressive episodes. She told me one day I would stop cycling through these episodes but after ten long years of me relief even when medicated - to be honest I didn't really believe her. She was right and I was wrong. Thanks to Dr Mason I have been almost completely symptom free for ten years. It got to the point where I couldn't really remember what it was like to be depressed - a state I thought I would never achieve. Dr Mason has always been very honest with me even when I was sabotaging myself. She held my hand through a divorce, the suicide of my next love and the sudden death of a third. I would trust her with my life and yours. She is respectful, willing to be helpful, and more available in difficult times than any other doctor I have ever known (and I was raised by doctors). Dr Mason uses a style of psychiatry that is old school - you actually get to talk to her as opposed to conveyer belt drug therapy only which is all modern psychiatrist have time for these days in underfunded mental health care. She could rush you through, see more patients in less time and make more money - but she doesn't. She gives you time to actually discuss your concerns and actively involved you in your own care even in terms of how your meds are working (or not working) for you. Most importantly she gave me hope. Even after the loss of a marriage and the subsequent death of two spouses - I have hope, for myself, for the world and for you.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr Mason left me much worse-off than I had been before I was in her care. After hospitalization, a good psychologist referred me to this doctor who immediately diagnosed and medicated me for ADD. Pursued 2+ years of appointments hoping to learn life management/ coping strategies for consecutive major life events I had been facing. Ended the so-called therapy but not before Dr Mason (first) betrayed my trust during marital counseling, for which I later learned she had no credentials or training. I persevered with her because i was desperately distraught and confused. I finally ended sessions (however) only after I realized that (what amounted to) social visits continued only so Dr Mason could satiate her curiosity about my (somewhat well-known) family, who she ALSO had traipse in. I had thought to raise my concerns with the licensing body for her field, but know that people in this particular field can (of course) abuse a patient's trust with impunity; they can flutter their hand dismissively and waive complainants off citing their very own patient diagnosis as a person's cause to complain. A very discouraging field, and a very discouraging doctor, indeed.

Submitted June 20, 2015

Dr. Mason is wonderful. There is not enough posotive things I could say about her. She helped me through my addiction that brought me to near death and was at my hospital bed when I overdosed. She never judged me, only listened to me And encouraged me. She saved my life and always made herself available to me. We need more doctors like Dr. Mason around. Thank you Stephanie!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Mason's for more than ten years and in that time, have found her to be the most compassionate, non-judgmental, professional I have had the priveledge of knowing. She has gone above and beyond to help me in my mental illness; things like filling out tedious forms, writing letters, referring me to specialists in other disciplines when my family doctor "couldn't" help, listening and guiding me along paths to better and stronger mental health. Dr. Mason does not confine her scope of care to one hour appointments. When I was in hospital for reasons unrelated to mental health, she visited and called regularly. I never felt alone. I know I can call her any time, night or day, and get the same calm, soothing voice at the other end of the line. She truly understands her discipline and puts that understanding to valuable use with her patients. Over the years, I have unfortunately had to access the services of numerous medical specialists and I can honestly say there have been none better than Dr. Stephanie Mason, regardless of specialty. She is the absolute best, and without her in my life, I'm not so sure I'd be alive.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I met with Dr. Stephanie Mason while attempting to recover from a significant depressive episode and the entire experience was shocking to be frank. Relying on the reports of a doctor in the Copeman clinic who never took the physical manifestation of symptoms of the traumatic stress that I was having to deal with seriously and of an inexperienced "psychologist" who was genuinely offended and didn't believe for a moment the truth that ex-wives can be psychotic & abusive, she met with me for 30 minutes and was not helpful in the least. The information contained in her report which (which I received much later) confirmed that she attacked my character and lied about statements that were made to her in the interview. Extracts from her report that I recently reviewed made it crystal clear that there could have been no intention on her part to assist me, rather just make certain that a legitimate claim for disability would never be a possibility with her egregious, misguided and unprofessional statements that were not only completely unwarranted but something that she clearly had her mind made up about long before she ever had the chance to interview me. All the while, I am paying fees to the private clinic where she was "working" and she could not possibly have been less helpful. I'm astounded with the "top" reputation that this psychiatrist has on this website when my experience makes it obvious that she had no intention on helping me at any time during, or subsequent to, the consultation. Absolutely unbelievable... No sour grapes, just the facts... If you think that belittling a suffering patient and receiving no help what so ever would work for you in recovering from a major depressive episode caused by significant stress, Dr. Mason is strongly recommended...

Submitted April 2, 2015

Dr Mason is very spiritually grounded, mindfully treating each patient as a respected colleague, and willing to support all of your interests and activities as long as they don't harm yourself or anyone else. When I suffered from work anxiety, Dr. Mason offered to provide me with yoga therapy, as she is a certified trainer, and it opened the door for me getting familiar with yoga as a treatment form. She is also well versed in practices such as meditation and psychotherapy although her profession of course is clearly centered around psychiatry. She is also one of the most open minded and sincere people you could possibly meet. She has a beautiful soul and endless compassion and respect for the individuals she treats. She treats every case with careful consideration and complete empathy. Dr. Mason is also loaded with "spunk" and doesn't have the appearance of a conventional doctor. Sporting the latest fashion of khakis and leather coats, you can be comforted that she has a background in martial arts, ready to take on any challenge with neutrality and dignity. She is an independent thinker, does not follow the crowd, and establishes practices that are above and beyond the merit of convention. I really love her and wholeheartedly recommend her, especially if you are a highly successful person with a condition. She'll ensure you have no barriers to your high performance. She's simply great all-around. Do not hesitate to become her patient. She's simply sets the bar.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

Dr. Stephanie Mason's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mason is simply the best. She has helped me and for that I am incredibly grateful!"

October 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have met with Dr. Mason many times and each time is more delightful. She has helped me more than I could ever explain on a website like this! Dr. Mason is ver..."

October 25, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mason is specialist and I know she sees many patients. You are lucky to get 45 minutes. Other psychiatrists keep their appointments short and focus only o..."

October 25, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "She kept cancelling appointments with me and was often late (and would kick me out on the hour, reducing my appointment time to 45 mins). She blatantly told me..."

October 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr Mason after years of less than helpful treatment from GPs for my major depressive episodes. She told me one day I would stop cycling throu..."

June 27, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mason left me much worse-off than I had been before I was in her care. After hospitalization, a good psychologist referred me to this doctor who immediately ..."

June 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mason is wonderful. There is not enough posotive things I could say about her. She helped me through my addiction that brought me to near death and was at m..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Mason's for more than ten years and in that time, have found her to be the most compassionate, non-judgmental, professional I have ..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I met with Dr. Stephanie Mason while attempting to recover from a significant depressive episode and the entire experience was shocking to be frank. Relying on ..."

April 2, 2015