Ratings for Dr. Stephanie Mason

I have been seeing Dr. Mason for approximately 15 years and she has been there through my darkest moments with her empathy and kindness. At this time I am feeling much better. She also has a very good 'bedside' manner and you feel like you're talking to your best friend. I love my visits with Dr. Mason.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

I love her, She actually takes the time to consider your feelings and your life situation. Very pleased with Dr. Mason!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

fantastic - a psychiatrist who believes in the value of talking, not simply meds

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr Mason was so easy to talk with and very helpful. It's a relief to finally have a Dr that doesn't want to pump me full of chemicals.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Best clinic that I've ever been to period. Dr. Mason saw me herself.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Dr. Stephanie Mason is truly an exceptional individual. Obviously, it is very difficult to find a psychiatrist in Calgary who is taking patients. After searching 6 years for a psychiatrist that would help me improve, not want to kill myself, I was lucky enough to come across her name on this website. I have been under her care for 4 years for depression and anxiety. She changed my medication and that has been helpful, but it is her kindness and insight that have helped me the most. It's a shame she is no longer taking patients and has moved towards Medical Cannabis based therapy. Although it has not helped me, she believes strongly that this is a very viable alternative to conventional anti-depressant medication. She does have a wonderfully sympathetic heart. When my God-Daughter began to show signs of depression as well as other symptoms, Dr. Mason was no longer taking patients (It was clear to me that she was trying to take on too much and help too many people). But when I offered to give up my visits and let my God-Daughter have them , she laughed and said she would never do that and made an exception for my girl. This child is very precious to me and I would never send her to anyone that I did not trust completely. After a year with Dr. Mason, she is showing signs of improvement. Many comments here indicate that they felt abandoned when Dr. Mason left her conventional practice to take what I assume is some kind of leave to allow her some respite from all she has been through in the last year. Since everyone on this page is nuts (or we wouldn't be seeing her), we should be sympathetic to what it feels like to feel overwhelmed and should not take it personally (Please note - this is total speculation my part as to what happened. I do not have the facts). Although it has become virtually impossible to communicate with her or set up an appointment in the last 4 months, she has made sure the really important issues for me are dealt with. She has written several letters on my behalf and continues to fill my prescriptions diligently. She did send a lovely text to my God-Daughter today (Oct 2016), which was a very welcome thing as she has been missing Dr. Mason and asks me often when she can see her again. Hopefully she will come back to her conventional practice at some point, till then we both wish her all the best.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Down to earth and very bright. Compassionate. Believes in talking/counselling (rare for a psychiatrist), and is very skilled. Yes, there may be a long wait. It's worth it. She needs at least one replacement receptionist....

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Dr. Mason is an honest, down-to- earth, friendly, and caring psychiatrist. She values her patients' opinions and never judges her patients. Her advise are short, direct, and come from a long, successful experience. A psychiatrist who does not limit her practice to traditional pharmaceutical drugs, she spends time to listen to her patients when they really need her. Grateful to have her!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Dr. Mason has found her niche - her new Cannabis clinic is running like a well oiled machine. Dr. Mason understands chronic pain, and the depression it causes. She reassured my husband that this path would be safe. She quickly and easily earned out trust. The 'drug store' education center is also fantastic; knowledgeable, well informed, and courteous.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Dr. Mason did not ditch any one. She took a break from her practice following major stress (her mom died for starters...). She's back now. Leave her alone-you are making it worse.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016