Ratings for Dr. Stephanie Mason

I really liked Dr. Mason, however, after seeing her for years, out of the blue she 'decided' not to see me any longer. She did not discuss this decision with me, but rather, ignored my requests for appts. and would not return my calls or emails. I also heard of this happening to another individual. For someone with abandonment issues, this was very painful. To this day, I still don't know why she abandoned me. Very upsetting.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

She is just honestly the best. Ever. Hands down. With out question.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Very good! Highly recommend. Answer everything I needed and will go back to her

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

I booked a short appointment with the Doctor. During the appointment, she answered several telephone calls, and even left the interview room. When she returned, the appointment time was over.

Submitted March 5, 2016

Outstanding, not only with me as a patient, but with my entire family whom all work together as a support system together with the doctor!!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr. Mason is simply the best. She has helped me and for that I am incredibly grateful!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

I have met with Dr. Mason many times and each time is more delightful. She has helped me more than I could ever explain on a website like this! Dr. Mason is very professional, knowledgeable and enjoyable in general. I couldn't be more elated with Dr.Mason's ability to provide insight and guidance in my life. Thanks again!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

Dr. Mason is specialist and I know she sees many patients. You are lucky to get 45 minutes. Other psychiatrists keep their appointments short and focus only on medication. If she changed your appointment she had to priorize, and I don't think she would say you were low, but you might have been more healthy than the person who needed her time.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

She kept cancelling appointments with me and was often late (and would kick me out on the hour, reducing my appointment time to 45 mins). She blatantly told me that I was "low priority" based on a few questions she had asked me during the initial intake interview and didn't even take my suicidal ideation seriously. Terrible!

Submitted October 24, 2015

I was referred to Dr Mason after years of less than helpful treatment from GPs for my major depressive episodes. She told me one day I would stop cycling through these episodes but after ten long years of me relief even when medicated - to be honest I didn't really believe her. She was right and I was wrong. Thanks to Dr Mason I have been almost completely symptom free for ten years. It got to the point where I couldn't really remember what it was like to be depressed - a state I thought I would never achieve. Dr Mason has always been very honest with me even when I was sabotaging myself. She held my hand through a divorce, the suicide of my next love and the sudden death of a third. I would trust her with my life and yours. She is respectful, willing to be helpful, and more available in difficult times than any other doctor I have ever known (and I was raised by doctors). Dr Mason uses a style of psychiatry that is old school - you actually get to talk to her as opposed to conveyer belt drug therapy only which is all modern psychiatrist have time for these days in underfunded mental health care. She could rush you through, see more patients in less time and make more money - but she doesn't. She gives you time to actually discuss your concerns and actively involved you in your own care even in terms of how your meds are working (or not working) for you. Most importantly she gave me hope. Even after the loss of a marriage and the subsequent death of two spouses - I have hope, for myself, for the world and for you.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015