Ratings for Dr. Christine Luelo

I have been reading the poor reviews on line and felt compelled to write. I have been a patient of hers since almost the beginning of her practice. Yes, she is busier now but so are all medical professionals. I have never found her to be rude or condescending and she answers my questions thoroughly. I go in prepared and know that I have a limited amount of time per visit. If I have more issues, I book another appointment. The number of clients she is forced to see in a day is a result of AHC cutbacks and needing to see enough patients to keep her practice profitable. A simple business decision not because she doesn't care. I find her punctual and hardly ever wait because she knows she can only spend so many minutes with each person.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

The absolute worst doctor I have ever dealt with. I came in to discuss a new allergy and her response was “does it make you sick?” I said yes and she responded with “well then you’re probably allergic just don’t eat it” and when I attempted to tell her about constant vomiting and nausea and anxiety she dismissed it telling me it is physically impossible for me to vomit that much and I must be lying. She told me that what I am telling her is absolutely untrue. That since I don’t have a medical degree I cannot tell her my symptoms and they cannot possibly be correct. She pointed at her degree on the wall and told me that she knows better and is above me because I am not a doctor and she is. She reccomended a medication I took over 10 years previously and when I told her it didn’t work then, she said “well that doesn’t mean it won’t work now, I think I would know” she told me I don’t know what I’m talking about and rather than running any tests for that or my sudden allergy she become confrontational and angry simply because I was trying to get some help about an issue. She also told my father over 10 years ago that he was fine when he attempted to tell her about some heart issues, and she neglected to do anything, no tests and then told him he was fine. He died less than 6 months later of a heart attack. She refused to diagnose my mothers hypothyroidism over 20 years ago and told her it was her “busy lifestyle with kids” and she went undiagnosed for 20 years because this unreliable doctor was neglectful and ignorant.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

My family and I have been patients of Dr. Luelo's for several years. Dr. Luelo suggested a course of action for my child (in regard to a mental health issue). I then asked the doctor if she was certain if it was the appropriate course of action given a variety of things I have observed about my child for several years. Rather than asking me to elaborate on my observations, she asked me if I had ever gone to medical school, or if I had ever worked in the mental health field. When I responded that I hadn't, she then accused me of being rude to the patients in her waiting room for taking up too much of her time. And then she proceeded to berate me for dragging my feet on a matter that had only been brought to my attention 48 hours earlier. It is unfortunate that this incident occurred, as feel that Dr. Luelo is very good (if not great) in regard to any and all "non"-mental health issues that my family has had to deal with. All I did was make enquiries about my child, and I was made to feel that I was the worst person in the world. So at least on that day, the doctor's bedside manner was very poor. Keep in mind however, that I have an extremely manipulative and persuasive ex-spouse who likely filled Dr. Luelo's head will all kinds of inaccurate information about me and our child.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Dr. Luelo is one of the rudest doctors I have every dealt with. She is often confrontational to the point of being combative. She has been our family doctor (for my two daughters and I), since they were 4 and 2 years old. That was 16 years ago.She has become increasingly rude to the point that we will no longer see her. She doesn't like to refer you to specialists, is often dismissive of your concerns and has little to no understanding of mental health issues . I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr. Luelo is honestly one of the rudest, most disrespectful people I have ever met. She shows very little compassion towards her patients' concerns, on the rare occasion that she so much as listens to them. When I was struggling with one of my prescription medications she provided no other solution than to increase dosage. No other alternatives were even mentioned, so much as explored. When my sister was experiencing fainting spells, Dr. Luelo refused to offer any kind of testing, merely dismissing the issue as "all in [her] head." These are just a few of many discrepancies that occurred in the time that my family and I were clients of Dr. Luelo's. She is unprofessional, unkind and I would not recommend her services to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Dr. Luelo has looked aftere for over 20 years. She has always been on top of things when I had a problem. Dr. Christine Luelo is the best choice.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

I had been with Dr. Luelo from nearly the beginning of her practice. She was excellent for the first few years and we felt very lucky to have her but more recently doesn't seem to care to be a doctor anymore. She has dropped the ball on more than one occasion and finally the last straw was when my daughter went in for a full physical (she had been experiencing some health issues we were hoping to get to the bottom of) and she saw her for 5 minutes, gave her a lecture about eating properly and sent her on her way. No blood test, no interest in getting to the bottom of things. She was very presumptuous and condescending! In my opinion a doctor who is negligent is worse than no doctor at all. We have since moved on and found a great doctor who is interested.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Have been a patient for 18 years. She's used to be a wonderful doctor, but has gotten progressively worse over the years to the point of misdiagnosising a tumor. She's quick to dole out medication but not open to discussion as to other methods of treatment. The staff has also gotten increasingly defensive if you dare question the doctor or try to book follow-ups.

Submitted February 2, 2016

Great doctor. Very caring and incredibly knowledgable.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I have been a patient of hers for the past 14 years. At first, she was helpful and compassionate. As the years went not she became more and more distant. during the whole time, I have never had my blood tested ( despite the many medications that I am on). Recently, I went in to check on something and I made the mistake of asking about something else. She responded "What do you want to talk about? This or that?". When I changed doctors and asked for my files to be forwarded, I was not aske why I wanted to changed; despite the amount of time I had spent there. I just wanted a doctor who cared and I no longer received that from doctor Luelo. I'm sure I will be forgotten pretty quickly and replaced with someone who is extremely happy about having a female doctor.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014