You may also like

Rate Dr. Barry Atack

Dr. Barry Atack's Ratings

The best Dr out there! Did my csection, and let me have an induced vbac - which was successful! Wouldn't go anywhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2848224].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Would not recommend this doctor to anyone. Was referred by my local doctor for an appointment. Office is sitting in a mess of a construction zone where the driveway is not even a real driveway it is gravel and filled with pylons with tons of machinery operating around it. I drove past the driveway and had to find a place in the construction to loop around and return to find parking which was slim. After all of this I arrive at the office 8 minutes late for my appointment that I waited a whole month for in pain. I was told that the doctor had left because I had not called and they figured that I was not coming. However I could not call as I was navigating through this messy construction sight and that would have been illegal. This is completely ridiculous as I assume I am not the only one to miss this difficult driveway and was ONLY 8 minutes late. I was told very rudely by the receptionist I would then have to wait a whole month for the next appointment. I will not be returning for this appointment as I do not want to be in the hands of a doctor that has such little regard for his patients that he could not wait that little amount of time and force them to wait a whole extra month in pain.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2824373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

I was seeing Dr Atack though out my pregnancy and I have to say what an amazing doctor. I couldn't be any happier. I had c-section and he did a great job. I found him to be a companionate and caring doctor from the first day I met him. Thank you for everything!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2795152].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

What a horrible experience!!!!! This physician never once examined me and sent me for repeated unnecessary and invasive testing. Every visit he insisted on pursuing fertility, when I repeatedly told him I was NOT interested in fertility but finding out about my abnormal paps as I have a history of cervical cancer. (and a polyp) once he concluded I had no fertility issues- 6 monthes after my abnormal pap- he announced there was nothing he could do for me since he doesnt do colposcopies but I could get on the table and he would look at my polpy.
I got up and left right then...... that was the worst expereince of my life!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2794881].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Atack for my prenatal care and I could not be happier! He is a wonderful, compassionate and kind doctor. He thoroughly explains everything he does, from feeling for your uterus, to checking baby’s heartbeat. He takes the time to answer questions and I never feel silly for asking anything. I never feel rushed and I also never have to wait long to see him. (HUGE bonus, as most OB offices have CRAZY wait times!) He takes every precaution to ensure his patients are healthy and happy. I have recommended him to my expecting friends and they are gladly now his patients!! I cannot say enough amazing things about this wonderful OB/GYN!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2452001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2014

Dr Atack left me in a fine mess. Signed papers for a hysterectomy and salpingooopherectomy. Waking up in recovery i was informed my ovaries were NOT removed. I asked to see him ASAP. Informed that he left for a "conference". While still recovering I tried Numerous times to call Dr Atack only to be told he no longer practised in London and had moved to Stratford. It took two years to get my ovaries out....i was borderline for cancer. Once speaking to some of his other female patients...it became apparent that Dr Atack has a HISTORY of leaving women "unfinished" Once the official paperwork was located at LHSC....they too agreed it was "shoddy work".My husband then brought me home an article he took from the London Free Press. It was about the fact Dr Atack had previously permanently injured a baby during birthing. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE. WHY IS MOVING FROM LONDON TO STRATFORD TO NEWMARKET??????????? A GREAT Dr NEVER moves around like that. Do your research people.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1567267].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2014

I found him to be a companionate and caring doctor. He has a very nice and polite personality, always cared to discus things and to explain clearly. Being a first time mother I had many questions, probably silly ones as well. He always patiently answered. Staffs were friendly and my appointments were always on time. I had a C-section, it was unexpected and I was lucky to have him on the hospital staff shift when I went there. I know he stayed way beyond his long shift, since the before, to do the operation himself. The operation went well, no complication afterward, what so ever. Overall, I believe his degree of his knowledge and skill, his professionalism, and his friendly and caring attitude gave me a peace of mind through the whole pregnancy/birth experience. I will go to him for future pregnancies and will definitely recommend him to others. Thank you Dr. Attack.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1567266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2010

Referred by MW after birth of a large baby. When I entered the office he was sitting in a chair by reception and never acknowledged me.Secretary was very polite. In the examining room he was very quiet and acted like he didn't know why I was there (even though it is in his notes from my Midwife). When I told him that I had a few large babies so far and what I was concerned about. He blurted out that he would take out my uterus! No reason why! When I asked him why would you do that? He said he uses the ligaments that hold the uterus up to hold the balder in place! I didn't say I wanted to take out my Uterus what is his problem!? Then he tells me that it is not guaranteed to work and if it does, it may not last long and may need more corrective surgery. I asked what were my other options.He said the only options are to put a very VERY large donut like thing in my vagina to hold things in place! But that is for old ladies he says!! No tests offered. Had to ask for an ultrasound!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1567265].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 21, 2009

I had a very good experience with Dr. Atack and his staff. The secretary I saw was one of my favourite secretaries. She always had a smile, she was helpful, and she was very pleasant to deal with. Dr. Atack answered my questions, and went over my birth plan with me. Dr. Atack took every precaution to ensure me and my baby's safety. I was induced and delivered by another excellent OB/GYN; however, Dr. Atack did take the time to come and see how things went and how we were doing. I would recommend him, and would use him for future pregnancies.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1567264].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2009

Excellent OB! I was in his care for the duration of my pregnancy and the birth of my daughter. He is a quiet man but very skilled in his field. I had a C-section and he was very reassuring and calming. I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat! We are lucky to have you in Newmarket Dr.Atack!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1567263].votes_count ]]