Ratings for Dr. Michael Chetner

I attended the new Urology Centre at the Kaye Clinic for a cystoscopy. The total experience was excellent- from registration, attending staff, X-ray technician and Dr. Chetner. Dr. Chetner was exceedingly polite, attentive and explained everything both before and after. I received my results immediately and was also able to get an X-ray to confirm a kidney stone. It was an excellent experience and I am so grateful for the care and attention I received.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

I was a patient of Dr. Chetner from 2007-2015 post Nephrectomy for Renal Carcinoma, Amazing bedside manner, answered questions and gave plenty/balanced reassurance when needed. Recently was referred back to see Dr. Chetner because of continuous kidney pain. Saw me with in 2 weeks of the rereferral, diagnosed the problem immediately and personally escorted me to see one of his colleagues who specialty is more conducive to my present issue.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

It is now two years since Dr Chetner performed the radical prostatectomy and I am still cancer free. He provided excellent and balanced information that helped me make the appropriate choices at the time and I'm happy I decided on the radical surgery. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I always found his staff to be friendly, compassionate, and helpful. I particularly like the new set up at the Kaye Edmonton Clinic. Like all physician appointments, unless I have the first appointment in the morning, the appointment is generally delayed. But I fully understand the reasons and circumstances for this.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

He did his job and was very sensitive to my situation. A good doctor!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

The nurse or whom ever makes the phone calls is one of the rudest for manners, the DR. When I seen him 3 years ago was ok but 3 years ago. They call me say you have to be here at a date week and a half from call , I couldn't make it when try to talk she just over talked me and was rude. I said so if I miss this I'll have to wait 3 years or more again? Yup! Was her answer, I have to know now what's it going to be? What's an answer immediatly I couldn't give she spewed something over the phone I said what was that and she hung up. So I filed a complaint against them

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I fired Dr. Chetner, after 3 procedures, 2 cryosurgery & 1 hormone treatment, he would not hear of my symptoms, only quoted standard of care in Alberta . He would not hear of other opinions or reseach on PSA number or hormone treatment which almost killed me. Do not take his advise get a second or third opinion, you will have lots of time to wait if you are his client.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Receptionist are so rude, don't even waste your time booking in patients with them or evening going to see him. Get better front staff! Can not stand those girls.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Receptionist and phone answering is dreadful. Receptionist is beyond rude and inefficient. My father received wrong information twice regarding where to go for procedures. She's just told my father to go elsewhere when he called at advice of his general surgeon. Just awful!!!!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Dr. Chetner provided a very balanced, thoughtful, and genuine summary of my situation and options. I had been to a different urologist for the same problem and it was the exact opposite.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr Chetner is wonderful! He informed us as to what was involved with the prostate cancer surgery and more than willingly answered all/any questions we posed. The surgery itself went extremely well and the follow-ups have been flawless.!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014