Ratings for Dr. Michael Chetner

He did his job and was very sensitive to my situation. A good doctor!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

The nurse or whom ever makes the phone calls is one of the rudest for manners, the DR. When I seen him 3 years ago was ok but 3 years ago. They call me say you have to be here at a date week and a half from call , I couldn't make it when try to talk she just over talked me and was rude. I said so if I miss this I'll have to wait 3 years or more again? Yup! Was her answer, I have to know now what's it going to be? What's an answer immediatly I couldn't give she spewed something over the phone I said what was that and she hung up. So I filed a complaint against them

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

I fired Dr. Chetner, after 3 procedures, 2 cryosurgery & 1 hormone treatment, he would not hear of my symptoms, only quoted standard of care in Alberta . He would not hear of other opinions or reseach on PSA number or hormone treatment which almost killed me. Do not take his advise get a second or third opinion, you will have lots of time to wait if you are his client.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Receptionist are so rude, don't even waste your time booking in patients with them or evening going to see him. Get better front staff! Can not stand those girls.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Receptionist and phone answering is dreadful. Receptionist is beyond rude and inefficient. My father received wrong information twice regarding where to go for procedures. She's just told my father to go elsewhere when he called at advice of his general surgeon. Just awful!!!!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Dr. Chetner provided a very balanced, thoughtful, and genuine summary of my situation and options. I had been to a different urologist for the same problem and it was the exact opposite.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr Chetner is wonderful! He informed us as to what was involved with the prostate cancer surgery and more than willingly answered all/any questions we posed. The surgery itself went extremely well and the follow-ups have been flawless.!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

I completely agree with previous comments about his staff being useless and never answering the phone (and about the plethora of spelling and grammatical errors on some of their information sheets). Their answering machine won't even accept messages so someone can call you back (so why do you have one?). I will likely not be recommending this physician to anyone I know largely because of his staff.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Have to agree with the comments regarding the office contact. Dr Chetner did my surgery and was fantastic as were hospital staff from beginning to end. However, Bonnie, from his office called and asked me to call back and after 47 tries I still cannot get any one to answer the phone. Hope the Doctor didn't recall me or have some very important results to give...because my health now lies in the hands of his inefficient reception. Oh they turn off their phones on Friday's way before their message time.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

I have seen Dr Chetner twice so far for my Prostate cancer. I find him very knowledgeable and helpful. Punctuality is about the norm for Doctors. You have to wait no matter where you go. Afternoon appointments are the worst as the patients get backed up throughout the day. I have had no issues with his staff and find them professional and prompt.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014