Ratings for Dr. Michael Chetner

I fired Dr. Chetner, after 3 procedures, 2 cryosurgery & 1 hormone treatment, he would not hear of my symptoms, only quoted standard of care in Alberta . He would not hear of other opinions or reseach on PSA number or hormone treatment which almost killed me. Do not take his advise get a second or third opinion, you will have lots of time to wait if you are his client.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Receptionist are so rude, don't even waste your time booking in patients with them or evening going to see him. Get better front staff! Can not stand those girls.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Receptionist and phone answering is dreadful. Receptionist is beyond rude and inefficient. My father received wrong information twice regarding where to go for procedures. She's just told my father to go elsewhere when he called at advice of his general surgeon. Just awful!!!!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Dr. Chetner provided a very balanced, thoughtful, and genuine summary of my situation and options. I had been to a different urologist for the same problem and it was the exact opposite.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr Chetner is wonderful! He informed us as to what was involved with the prostate cancer surgery and more than willingly answered all/any questions we posed. The surgery itself went extremely well and the follow-ups have been flawless.!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

I completely agree with previous comments about his staff being useless and never answering the phone (and about the plethora of spelling and grammatical errors on some of their information sheets). Their answering machine won't even accept messages so someone can call you back (so why do you have one?). I will likely not be recommending this physician to anyone I know largely because of his staff.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Have to agree with the comments regarding the office contact. Dr Chetner did my surgery and was fantastic as were hospital staff from beginning to end. However, Bonnie, from his office called and asked me to call back and after 47 tries I still cannot get any one to answer the phone. Hope the Doctor didn't recall me or have some very important results to give...because my health now lies in the hands of his inefficient reception. Oh they turn off their phones on Friday's way before their message time.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

I have seen Dr Chetner twice so far for my Prostate cancer. I find him very knowledgeable and helpful. Punctuality is about the norm for Doctors. You have to wait no matter where you go. Afternoon appointments are the worst as the patients get backed up throughout the day. I have had no issues with his staff and find them professional and prompt.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

Dr. Michael Chetner is great. I have no issues with him. He's very personable and diligent. Always felt at ease. But his staff... wait, what staff!? Does anyone ever answer that phone? I have my vasectomy and then you hand me a sheet with information about the surgery and the phone number to call to get my sperm count. (And has anyone ever used spell check on that information sheet? You should be ashamed to hand that out). I have now called over 30 times (documented) in the last two weeks and still no one answers. The only time that someone answered was just before they close for lunch - 11:58 am. A female picked up the phone, laughed a couple of times and then hung up on me. Rude! I will now waste my doctors time making an appointment with him only so that I can ask him to get my results. No wonder our health care is in the state it is. Get your S__T together.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

RECEPTIONIST IS EXTREMELY RUDE !!! NEED NEW RECEPTIONIST. CANNOT BELIEVE THE SERVICE AT THIS PLACE.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013