Ratings for Dr. Jason Boxtart

Sadly not impressed with the level of care. Not what I would have expected from someone with his resume. Not worth the money.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

As a health care practitioner that is open to non-allopathic medicine and very much believes in the various modalities....I was dissapointed in dr. Boxtart's approach. Given his background i was expecting more and I've since gone to another naturopath in town and will be seeing her regularly (and its not Dr. Boxtart's wife....I have not heard good things about her are but can not speak to that directly). Specifically, he seems more interested in pushing his products/services than attending to my issues and what various resources could be provided. I believe a great practitioner gives you options rather than push their own product.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Why do people post who are completely uneducated about alternative medicine? I am embarrassed about the general Canadian population, who seems to think that an ND is the same as an MD, cannot tell the 2 apart and just reading comments on this site, comes across as completely uneducated. Do you realize that these people have an amazing education? and they are dealing with sick people? sick people are by definition, sick. And MDs are totally threatened by NDs, so posting here would be a good idea to ruin the reputation. This website doesn't take into consideration any of this.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I was really disappointed with this experience. Jason was very kind and a great listener, but at the end of the day I didn't get anything new out of the money I spent. and I didn't like that the recommendations seemed to have more to do with using their other services and buying their products than perhaps what would work for me. I believe strongly in naturopathic medicine but I will be checking out another facility in town. I've heard Deborah Phair is fantastic.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

I had been struggling with achilles tendon issues for years. I went to Dr. Boxtart twice to have PRP injections. He is patient, takes his time and tries to ensure that you are as comfortable as possible. He ensures that you are knowledgeable about the procedure before he performs it. I have been extremely happy with the results.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

Very good at clearly explaining options for treatment. I have had very good success when following his recommendations.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2011

Of course he is a doctor, ignorant guy. ND's are not MD's and if we had more NDs supporting cancer patients in our provence we'd have fewer side effects and better quality of life for cancer patients. I suspect whoever wrote that posting is a hostile MD who can't tolerate his opinion being questioned. I used to work at this clinic and saw so many happy, healthy patients come through I was jaded to go back to conventional medicine when I moved to another town. I will talk about cancer patients, since this malevolent post is talking about them. They had time to ask him questions and he answered them. They brought him their reports and he explained them to them. He researched what would help, given their treatment, and he supported them with it. He helped them with their mouth sores and their fatigue. And he cried. He CRIED if they died. So Go to hell, stupid guy. He is a fantastic doctor.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2011

Totally awesome. Dr. Boxtart assured me he could help my daughter and he did whereas regular doctors did tests and said nothing was wrong for years. She had food sensitivities and was missing more school than she attended. She is older now and knows which foods will make her ill. You have to follow his instructions to the letter for optimum results.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

He performed prolotherapy for my hip injury and it almost completely eliminated the pain I had suffered for more than three years prior to the treatment. He was able to locate the exact spot that was causing me the problem, explained in detail what his diagnosis and extent of the problem was, and told me what to expect from the treatment. Also, he told me to read up on journal articles about the therapy so I fully understood the treatment, possible side effects, and the fact that it was not a "traditional" "scientifically proven" treatment. His being honest and open about these issues made me trust his knowledge and confidence in what he does. From my experience, he is not the kind of doctor who would make you come back repeatedly just so he can make more money off you, which is definitely reassuring when the procedure is not covered by regular MSP.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

The first dr I went to who could answer a question I had asked for years. My regular dr is very good but they don't ask enough questions. Some of my health problems for decades were caused by something I did not know was unusual, the regular docs usually just address the symptom and don't get back to the underlying cause. And he does take the time to get to the root of the problem, which is why he has been late for some appointments (and, I think, his own breaks and lunch).

flag | Submitted January 15, 2008