Ratings for Dr. Dawn F. Torre

Dr. Torre has been my gynecologist for over 20 years. She is kind and caring and she addressed all the issues I had. She is very knowledgeable and her attention is on you during your appointment Her staff is also amazing. Visits are easy and there is barely any wait time. Amazing doctor and I am so glad I found her 20 years ago when she also delivered my son.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I am pregnant with my first baby. I have been going to see Dr. Torre for an appt at 4 wks and 6 wks. Since this is my first pregnancy I have many questions. Unfortunately Dr. Torre is very vague, and every time I ask a question I feel like I am bothering her. Also, every appt I have had to wait at least 30-45 mins, so the wait time is awful. I would not recommend her to anyone that has a life. On the bright side, however, her staff is so nice, except for the receptionist, she is extremely rude.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Torre for about 18 years now. She has had problems over the years with getting good help but that happens anywhere. It was a little frustrating that none of my records were in the office. The new company that took over, really surprised me that they would not take the time and money to transition the patients as they should be, including the copying of records prior to storage. Professionally, Dr. Torre has always been easy to talk to, helpful, educational and informative. At one point over the years, I was without a job and money was very tight. My yearly exam came about. I have a prescription that fill each month. Dr. Torre examined me that day but also warmly lent an ear to my woes and gave me a handful of samples for the patch I use to try an help me out. She is a top-notch professional provider that I always recommend. She doesn't see the patients as just a number or a paycheck but rather who they actaully are. These days not every Dr does that!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

I saw Dr. Torre for years for annual check-ups. She was always kind, brief but to the point, and willing to listen to complaints and always looked into complaints, didn't blow anything off. The problems started when they got bought out by Garden OB and went digital last year and basically all of my other labs and chart went into storage. They weren't even uploaded onto the computerized system. I had been referred to another doctor for infertility and I needed some lab results in a timely manner as I was undergoing treatment. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of anyone. In an emergency, you would be completely unable to speak with the doctor, much less get lab results. I spent a collective two hours on HOLD to try to get my results and even the infertility doctor's office spent OVER an HOUR for a simple lab test! Ultimately, they still couldn't get the results but were able to find out the lab that was used and get the results from them. Unbelievably frustrating and scary in an emergency!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Torre for 12 yrs. She is communicative, a good listener & provides very helpful info & suggestions. She is kind & patient. She takes the time to really listen to your concerns. She is very knowledgeable & keeps up with latest procedures/practices. She delivered my son (she no longer delivers babies), and I couldn't have been happier with her during my pregnancy. I find the staff to be very pleasant as well.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

Called the Dr. with a problem, office said she was aware of my friends problem, when in fact there were complications she was unwilling to come to the phone and listen too. I got her into my Dr. in Garden City who preformed surgury almost immediately because 4 of her body organs were outside of her vagina. Could this be a good dr.? She was also part of the practace that botched my sons delievery. Please find another Dr. do yourself a favor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

one of her receptionist is very rude and nasty....

flag | Submitted July 29, 2006

Dr. Torre is communicative, a good listener and addresses the issues that concern you with patience. She is focused on resolution and addresses them with medical expertise and common sense. Dr. Torre is forthright and open-minded. Although this is an active practice, her attention is on YOU during your appointment. She is compassionate, gentle and has an obvious passion for her calling and respect for her patients. Her entire staff is competent and treat patients graciously and with dignity. -An 8 year Patient -

flag | Submitted April 30, 2006

Has a great Nurse assisting her. Answers lots of questions.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

flag | Submitted March 31, 2005

Dr. Dawn F. Torre's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Garden City, NY