Ratings for Dr. David Pressey

Dr. Pressey was the emergency doctor on call when I had my daughter. He was fantastic. Only positive things to say about him.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

I can't speak highly enough about this Dr. I truly believe he is one of the best in our little town. As for the other negative comments- a bad experience is unfortunate but does not make a dr a "horrible" person, I would suggest the writer of the negative comments do her own "research" as she sounds quite uneducated. I highly recommend Dr Pressey and have only been given the best care possible by him.

Submitted October 2, 2018

Snow flakes haha How about the Fact that the man will tell you that you have cancer so he can remove your uterus and Ovaries, Fibroids are not cancer and any sarnia OB that tells you they are are horrible people. Forget about being over 45 and he will take your Ovaries. becasue your almost 50 and do not need them anyway. DO YOUR RESEARCH . MY god you NEED them and the chance of ovarian cancer is so slim you do not need to remove them just in case.NUT cancer is double what Ovarian cancer rates are but they do not remove all mens balls just to be safe. I am sad and appalled by what these monsters get away with. Just because the Doctor suggests it does not mean it is safe or right they are a business looking to make money and Hysterectomy with Ovarian removal is BIG BUCKS> DO YOUR RESEARCH >>>> this Man is a MONSTER>

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

I’m 26 years old, had my first child at 16. My second at 24. He delivered both children and honestly I have nothing bad to say about him yes he is straight forward but not in a mean way. Not everything needs to be sugar coated. I’m on my third baby and he isn’t delivering babies which I wish he was because he was great at the first two. Second one I had complications the nurses right away wanted to ship me for a c section he calmly told them we could do it. My babies heart rate was dropping becaus she was wrapped but with his calmness he got her out safely without having to cut me open in an emergency c section. Yes people get old but I’m my experience he did well because to this day I have to beautiful children here with me.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

I saw (and continue to see) Dr. Pressey for all of my OB/GYN needs and refer friends as well. Snowflakes who want someone to hold their hand throughout their entire pregnancy and labour may not appreciate his honest and direct manner, but as someone who stared death down more than once, I enjoy his humour and straightforward-ness. (FYI -- if you expect your OB to do this for you -- you likely need a better support system anyhow!) Labour hurts -- not his fault. Cancer sucks -- also not his fault. His office runs like a well-oiled machine! Sometimes I am OUT of his office before my "scheduled" appointment begins. His wife is a sweet lady, who will get on the phone and bend over backwards to get you in for induction/surgery when NECESSARY. (Again key word being NECESSARY -- believe it or not, some womans situation is probably ALWAYS worse than yours!!) The nurses -- angels on earth. Efficient and smiling every visit. Long story medium-ish, treat others how you want to be treated!! Walk into his office and treat Dr. Pressey or his staff like jerks, you will be treated likewise in return. Obstetrical and Gynecological practice is not easy, and Dr. Pressey is the kind of doctor who will cry with you over the junky hand you've been dealt, laugh with and at you, and best of all, congratulate you and share every milestone when you succeed. Please do not be turned off by recent negative reviews!! You will not find a better doctor in SW Ontario!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

Think twice and do your research before you let this man touch you. DO not let him do a hysterectomy on you with out really knowing what you are getting into. HE is cut happy and joyfully cuts woman in a horrible way. be wary do your homework .DO not take him at his word, HE is old and outdated.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. I delivered my son in 2000. It was a traumatic experience and he butchered me and I have never forgotten it. I arrived as asked to for 6 am to be induced at the hospital. I waited in The room for over an hour and it was after 7 am when dr. Pressey arrived. He stood outside my room angry that I had not been induced and I laid in that bed while the nurses told him I didn’t arrive until 7 am! He came In the room was rude and cold to me while he broke my water roughly causing me pain. My experience was traumatic after that and almost lost my baby because they had me at the highest drip rate my uterus was in spasm and I was in extreme pain. My baby’s heart rate dropped below 50 and they took the Doppler’s off! I was given an extensive episiotomy without freezing while the nurse pushed down heavily on my abdomen and the damage was so extensive they debated surgery to repair my cervix as they had me pushing at 8 Cm dialated. Dr. Pressey does not care for the well being of his patients. When I went for my 6 week check up and appeared obviously distraught over my whole experience he told me that people would not be here if women weren’t meant to take that sort of thing ! I would not send me dog to him to deliver. I’m surprised he’s still allowed to practice.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Dr. Pressey delivered both my children and has done various other procedures for me. His straightforward approach was always appreciated. If there is a problem he tells you in a kind and unsugarcoated way. Let’s be honest, you need facts only. He always erred on the side of caution with my kids I can appreciate that. Never once though my pregnancies did I feel as if I needed better care. I would recommend for pressey as an ob. If you’re looking for a friend , my suggestion would be the midwife route. He’s a professional doctor, not a Hand holder.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I a sorry if you had to see this man. He is a danger to the woman in this town who have little choice when it comes to OBs go to London Toronto any where but to this man. He will do what ever he wants no mater what you want he will tell you horrible things to get you to do it. Your age and being a woman is not a disease Yet he makes you feel like it is. HORRIBLE MONSTER

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Dr Pressey is the best! So kind during my hysterectomy checked in on me and was available when I had concerns!!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018