Ratings for Dr. Monther H. Al-Halawani

I've been going to him for years and has always been professional and has always been courteous. I would recommend him highly to one and all. He and his staff get 5 stars from me.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Worst doctor visit ever , very rude to patient! Poor service

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

excellent service, great office, helpful staff, and very experienced

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I saw this doctor for several years at 6 month intervals, was told different diagnosis at each visit from pituitary tumor, Cushings syndrome, dermoid tumor, each time no treatment necessary let's redo test in 6 months consisting of MRI s bloodwork and ultrasounds. After 4 years of confusing and conflicting diagnosis from this doctor I finally wised up and got a second opinion. No previous findings of Halawani could be confirmed and could not retrieve any records from his office. Simply diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in a 6 week time frame. Can't believe I waisted so much time, shed so many tears of frustration, and always waited over an hour with an appointment.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I was referred to this Doctor by my primary physician. During our consultation he cut me off mid-sentence to speak into his computer and formulate his own opinion. He contradicted not only my primary physician but two other big name physician’s in the area that have been in their respective medical fields for the same amount of time that he has been in Endocrinology. He said they did not know what they were doing. Very disappointed that someone with his higher education would be so disrespectful to his medical peers and very disrespectful to me and my medical condition. I told after him after I was rudely interrupted after approximately ten times of trying to explain my medical history that our consultation was over and I fired him. This is a Doctor that I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I am so tired of this office staff, they never answer the phones. Other doctors are also busy and they manage to answer the phones. Done with them. The Doctor needs to step up to the plate And CORRECT this situation!!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

I have been to this doctor 3 times now. Every time I leave I feel as if I'm crazy. I start to second guess everything that I'm dealing with. What's funny is my primary doctor believes me. Everything symptom I have, he says contributes to the thyroid. I started having anxiety attacks and panic attacks. Which have been horrible. I told this to Dr. Halawani and he said I just have a disease in my head and I need to see a phychiatrist. Also, I had the other usual symptoms and he started me out on 50 mg and after 5 weeks all the Symptoms came back. So I did the blood work. Went back thinking he would raise my meds. Nope. My blood work was in range, so he told me I have something else wrong with me. No I don't think so. I think I know my body better than anyone else. He just won't listen to you. I even tried talking to him from different angles, nope. Nothing. If you want to try this office by all means, but after this last appointment I'm done with him.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

He is by far the worse doctor I have ever been too

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

I was diagnosed hypothyroid at 11 years old. Dr. Al-Halawani is the worst endocrinologist I've dealt with thus far. I hate to admit that I read the reviews about him online before I went to him - half spoke highly of him, and the other half complained that he "thinks he's God" and doesn't listen. Since I get along with everyone and have never had an issue with a doctor, I proceeded to make an appointment with him because I lived across the street. This was a major mistake. He is a very prideful individual, who truly doesn't listen. He expects praise if you start to feel better. I went to him for anxiety/panic attacks in December, and loose stool soon after. He sent me to other specialists, claiming it wasn't my thyroid. Three months ago he lowered my dose from 100 to 88. I went in for a follow-up and he asked about the anxiety, claiming taking too much medication can cause the problems I've been having... the best part was when he told me that I needed to give credit where it's due. When I didn't he decided to terminate me. I told him he doesn't listen to me, yet he still proceeded to talk over me. He then raised my dose back to 100 and only gave me a 3 month supply (only to make me worse and go through the hassle of finding a new doctor sooner). Don't make the same mistake I did... save your time, find someone who will listen.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

My husband has been to see Dr Halawani several times & he makes you feel very comfortable. Very easy going man with a very pleasent personality. We trust his opinion to the fullest. Hes very stright forward & tells you like he sees it. Staff is super nice & very good to work with in appointments & helping us do what needs to be done.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Dr. Monther H. Al-Halawani's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)