Ratings for Dr. Marsha D. Soni

She is a good dr who spends time with you and listens. Her front desk staff, nurse, and office manager are rude not nice people. You can use your manners and they still don't respond back with the same common courtesy. Unfortunetly, they represent her practice and it's unbecoming.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr Soni is amazing! She's so helpful, patient, companionate and knowledgeable! Even though she was assigned to me by the hospital initially I completely lucked out as she's the best of the best! You can tell quickly how much she genuinely cares about her patients which makes all the difference! She was very humble and knew that she could manage some aspects of my condition but others would be best managed by a different specialist& even recommended a great doctor! Dr Soni made my hospital stay a much more positive experience as she goes so far above and beyond to help her patients! Thanks Reston hospital for assigning Dr Soni to me while I was admitted, I feel like I hit the ID Doctor lottery, lol!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Dr. Marsha Soni is an excellent doctor and her staff is very helpful. I never have to sit and wait for an appointment for 30 min to an hour. When I have an appointment at a certain time, I am in there. Dr. Soni might look in a book or whatever it takes to help you. She has called other doctors of mine to confer with them and update them and also get their input. I greatly appreciate this. She listens to me, asks me questions. She is very into my care. Dr. Soni is a caring, courteous, doctor and I trust her completely.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Soni's for 15 years. She has always gone above and beyond to take care of numerous medical issues for me and my family. She has modern, creative diagnostic and treatment solutions and is very passionate about helping people overcome severe illness. Additionally, she has always followed through with aftercare and made sure to keep in touch. Most recently, she arrived in the ER for me during her time off to solve a life-threatening situation. Dr. Soni has devoted her life to outstanding and professional medical care. Her staff is not always as receptive and helpful as Dr. Soni, but my medical care has not suffered because of it.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

I cannot disagree more. I’ve been a patient of Dr. Soni’s for over 10 years. W/O a doubt, she is one of the most thorough, compassionate, and intelligent physicians I have seen. She is honest, explains tests & procedures clearly, & refers patients out when she feels that additional expertise is needed. Dr. Soni truly cares for her patients & has always gone the extra mile for me and others I have referred to her. Not all patients like all physicians. This is no one’s fault; it’s just human nature. Anger seems to be a much greater motivator to post opinions than goodwill. Patients can write into these “**** and gripe forums” with impunity & often do so anonymously yet their physicians are unable to defend themselves because of HIPAA regulations. Certainly some patients have legitimate complaints, but basically any disgruntled, irate, or mentally unbalanced person can say anything they want about a physician whether it is true or not. The previous posts certainly seem one-sided to me.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

One of the worst doctors I have ever had to experience. She could not think for her self, seemed to read from a cook book. After a number of visits was still calling me by the wrong name and had done nothing to help my worsening condition. Would not listen to what I was saying. Told her I was a high risk patient for lymes disease do to nature of my work, and was positive I had lymes. She told me I did not have lymes and would not give me doxycycline which would have taken care of the lymes at the start. Instead I got worse and worse as the months passed and she still did nothing. Hey doctors please swallow your pride and listen and work with your patients. I lost over a year of my life. I found an awesome doctor and feeling much better.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2010

This office is HORRIBLE!!! They cannot keep appointments and continually call to cancel at the last minute. If you attempt to reschedule its another 15-30 day wait for another appointment that they will ultimately end up cancelling. When asked to "fit us in" they said their practice doesn't do that. We are at 2 months waiting to be seen by this practice - total of 4 appointments cancelled by them. We have gone somewhere else and were seen within 2 days of calling. Horrible customer service!! Can't believe they can run an office this way.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

Horrible doctor. Went to see her for prolonged sickness. She preformed unnecessary tests that I had already done with my primary and then told me to schedule an appointment to come back in and discuss results. The results showed nothing, as my primary physician had already found out. Spent both visits lecturing me about how tattoos and piercings put me at a high risk for infectious diseases. I have no tattoos and two ear piercings because I'm a woman. My problem is that I am immune-deficient and she never spoke about that. Ultimately found nothing wrong and I finally gave up going to see her, I needed a doctor not a preacher. Don't see her unless you want to pay a specialists copay to have a doctor tell you nothing.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Overall a good doctor, caring, does good testing. ultimately was unable to figure out what was wrong with me so I did not rate her a five.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Dr. Marsha D. Soni's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1984)