Ratings for Dr. J. David Carey

Dr Carey only really cares about women and blows off men. Also if you havnt seen him in over a year they concider you a new patient and he no longer takes new patients. Don't waste your time .

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET FILLERS OR OTHER COSMETIC injections at this practice. They are NOT experienced enough and DO NOT understand their own knowledge gaps and limitations. I had the wrong kind of Juvederm injected in my nasiolabial folds and I am still dealing with the negative effects 1 YEAR LATER!!! Likely the technique was flawed also. I had so many things go wrong-- bacterial infections in my eyes, allergy/ inflammation/pain in one eye/ over injections substance/ puffiness you name it. THIS PRACTICE WILL TURN YOU OUT IN THE COLD WHEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG.... AND THEY WILL DENY THE POSSIBLE RISKS OF INJECTIONS. I HAD A WHOLE HOST OF ADVERSE EVENTS AND NO ONE WOULD PROVIDE ADEQUATE SUPPORT/ KNOWLEDGE/ OR REFERRALS. BE SOOOOO VERY CAREFUL WITH ANY COSMETIC PROCEDURE ANYWHERE!!!! MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE RISKS!!! THERE ARE MANY!!!! MANY DOCTORS WILL TURN YOU AWAY IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG AT THE ORIGINAL PRACTICE WHERE YOU CANNOT BE ADEQUATELY TREATED. This doctor is NOT willing to accept his limitations of practice. Steer clear of this practice and go out of state if you need to...

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Cancels appointments constantly and is scheduled out for months. Used to be very good but now exams don't seem very good.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

I had a squamous cell carcinoma the size of a pinhead removed from the back of my hand at High Desert Dermatology. I never meet Dr. Carey, but highly recommend Stephanie Gonzales the Physician's Assistant. She was very pleasant and willing to answer my many questions. The desk personnel and assistants to the Physician's Assistant were also helpful and pleasant. The procedure required 2 visits. I removed the 3 stitches myself so I didn't return for a 3rd visit. First appointment: The office visit cost $191.00. The removal of the carcinoma (destruction of malignant lesion s/n/h/f/g 0.6-1.0cm) cost $283.00. Second appointment: Excision at site of carcinoma to remove margins to make sure there were no traces of squamous cell remaining (excision malignant lesion s/n/h/f/g 1.1-2.0cm) cost $442.00. The 3 stitches to close the excision (repair of lesion) cost $585.00. Surgical trays cost $42.78. Total cost: $1543.78

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I do not recommend Dr. Carey or his PA Stephanie Gonzalez at High Desert Dermatology. The charges for services are outrageous. The charge for an office visit is $191.00 for Dr. Carey, as well as the PA. No differentiation between degrees or experience. I had about 7 tiny drips of chemical, off of a little wooden stick , put on 3 warts and was charged $214. Once the PA dropped the chemical on my warts, she covered them with bandaids. The chemical was absorbed by the bandaids. Consequently for $214, I received no results whatsoever. The total for the services that I did not receive, was $432. I was told by the office staff, if your wart does not go away the first time, when you go back to the office, you will pay these fees again. Also note: trying to get ahold of anyone in the office is extremely difficult. I would say that 3 out of 4 times I called, I received a voice mail. I have called 2-3 times and left a voice mail with no return call. As the previous rating stated and I agree : Good Luck! I recommend looking further for a Dermatologist.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

pre cancers on my arms and face said they were nothing to worry about and than cancelled my next appointment; no return phone call. other dr we followed up with was astonoshed with his diagnosis. Good luck

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

My first visit with Dr Carey was very pleasant. He was very personable yet professional. I would recommend him to anyone in need of dermatological care. Bob S

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

The office demeanor is one of rudeness and the money preempts any concern for your problem

Submitted June 17, 2014

I have fair Irish skin and am a candidate for skin problems - I would never see another dermatologist. He found a basal skin cancer growing toward my eye that another doctor had missed. I like everything about him. I made my daughter make an appt with him even though she had to wait 6 months - he's worth it

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Carey ... He is very friendly and personable . He is one of those rare doctors that doesn't treat you with a superior attitude . He is great at educating a patient on all available options . He is very compassionate and has shown extreme generosity when contributing back to the community . He is also very friendly outside of the office . His cosmetic work has been so successful , I am a repeat customer . Thanks Dr. Carey .

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

Dr. J. David Carey's Credentials

• University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Amerigroup