Ratings for Dr. Susanne W. Zimmermann

I have had the honor of having Dr. Susanne W. Zimmermann as my doc for 17 yrs. I am 51. She and her office are the best! Today's healthcare changed requiring docs to put all into the computer with limited time allowed with patients. It is extremely hard to be a doctor today and with half the pay going to insurances. Despite the changes, Dr. Zimmermann's intellect, genuine care and wonderful personality always shines through. Dr. Zimmermann's listening, attentiveness, every skill of hers is exquisite. She is my favorite and the BEST Primary Care Physician I ever had in 3 decades! Walter is great and like Dr. Z extremely dedicated! The staff is amazing and very nice, managing to balance all the paperwork required, and some how manage to eat lunch in between is quite a skill. I have read the comments below and to answer the negative ones, Healthcare is not like it was 30 yrs ago and doctors, like all in the work force today have to work twice as hard for less. You would never know that because they are in this career because they love their patients. Primary Care Physicians have been on the decline in medical school the past few decades. In many offices in Ocean County and across the US Nurse Practitioners are seen more due to the shortage. I came out of college in 2005 studying the workforce. It was rather disheartening. But when you realize doctors spend 80 hrs a week at work, at the hospital or on call, with the few days off they have. That is a Lifetime dedication that no longer gets the recognition it used to in the 60s and 70s. Dr. Zimmermann would rank the best no matter a shortage or surplus. Particularly in a male dominating field, she ranks higher than most doctors male and female. :) Extremely lucky I am to be her patient. Extremely proud of myself for finding her in 2000!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

One of the best doctors around .She genuinely cares about her patients!always listens!takes a good hour by the time you go in and see her some days The staff.. could be a little nicer. Love the doc! I have been a patient for 3 years. My husband even goes to her! Great doc who is genuine!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Z for 14 years. I would follow her anywhere she goes. She is real, compationate, friendly and knowledgeable. She has been with me through thick and thin. I'm a person with many health issues. Yes, be prepared to wait. But for me, she is worth the wait. Also, I can't say enough about her nurse Walter. No matter which way my scale goes, he still treats me with respect.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

The ultimate in professional care. Dr. Zimmermann is ahead of the curve in implementing the latest medicine and treatments. She discovered what was giving my daughter stomach pain for years under my daughter's pediatrician's watch. The pediatricians dismissed it as "nervous stomach" and told me to over the counter medicate it. Dr. Z. did bloodwork and tested for H-Pilori, amoungst other things, and it the nail on the head. Thank God I switched my daughter to Dr. Z. when my daughter turned twelve! H-Pilori gone untreated can lead to ulcers and ultimately to stomach cancer. Dr. Z. treats my entire family, and she is simply the most caring, pofessinal, dedicated doctor a prson could have.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

ON my first visit I thought she was quirky and I did not mind it. She was completely pre-occupied with trying to enter the information in the computer and she is unable to remember how the computer works. She did not seem to listen but I figured I caught her on a bad day. My subsequent visit were much worse. The office smells of fast food and the staff is more concerned with eating their lunch then actually doing their job. They are actually setting a bad example because they were all extremely over weight and their lunch choices were distracting to the people in the office. When I finally saw her, she did not listen at all. She again, more concerned with entering information on the computer and blamed it on Obama care which I could care less about.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

I love this doctor. On my first visit, I had to fill out one of those Godawful "patient history" forms that seem to be a complete waste of time, and then Dr. Zimmerman blew me away by READING THE REPORT. Right in front of me! And she asked questions and listened to the answers ... She was incredibly down-to-earth and personable and she followed through on every single concern I had. She gave me referrals, advice, some free samples ... and I left feeling absolutely cared for. I also get the impression that everyone in that office genuinely cares about people. I absolutely adore this doctor and wish they were all like Dr. Zimmerman.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

My first visit to Dr. Zimmerman was except for the longer than expected waiting time, one which I was very pleased with overall. Her overall thoroughness, overall knowledge and attention to detail was excellent. I will and have recommended others to seriously consider using her if they are interested in a intelligent, caring and thorough family doctor.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2010

She doesn't seem to listen. Like she hears every 5 word, gives worst case scenario and orders too many unneccesary tests. Say you have a headache, she's scheduling an MRI without hearing how bad your allergies are. I had an earache, she saw nothing, but told me I could have a tumor and scheduled an MRI. Why not reccommend an ENT dr instead? Which is what I did, and there was inflammation cured by prendisone. Saved myself and ins. co lots of money.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

Dr. Zimmerman is agreat, professional, knowledgable and caring Dr. I've her apteint for many years, so is my entire family. I would not change her for any other Dr. as long as I can, and as long as she accept my insurance. Very trustwordy and caring. The nurse that works with her is very professional as well and a very nice person.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

I had my first visit with Dr. Zimmerman a couple weeks ago. Contrary to several previous comments, I found the nursing staff to be terrific. I had very low expectations coming in but left with nothing but praise. The comments about long wait times is true, at least it was for my visit. However, I am in agreement with the consensus the wait is worth it. While I have only seen Dr. Zimmermann once (not enough to make a truly informed decision), I was very happy with her level of care. I look forward to seeing her again, hopefully not for another year or 2!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2009

Dr. Susanne W. Zimmermann's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in West Long Branch, NJ