Ratings for Dr. K. George Thampy

I saw dr. Thampy for a number of years for a somewhat rare condition. His bedside manner was never good and appointments were always extremely late! I stayed because of how knowledgeable he was, how helpful his staff was, and the fact that he discovered my condition. 2 years before I quit seeing him his nurses and staff were almost completely different. They then didn't return calls, wouldn't refill or refilled prescriptions wrong, and were berry rude sometimes. They seemed to want to get me in and out. My wife got new insurance which was a great excuse for me to quit seeing him.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

My experience has been great. He is kind... will help you with the medicines. They spend a lot of time with their patients... great staff. It is busy at his office because he is a quality doctor.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

He is not patient friendly; doesn't communicate well and seems to be irritated if his ideas are questioned.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Seems to not want to discuss issues with patient. Very long wait times to see him even when appts are scheduled early.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Do not waste your time with this specialist. I lost (2) years of my life because of his apathy and lack of knowledge. He is also the most arrogant physician I have ever met.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Would not go back to him. He did not even tell me what I had. I had to find out fot myself. What a waste of money and time. Seeing another MD that is very helpful and willing to talk to me an address my health issues. Dr. Thampy did not address my health issues or talk to me about them.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I decided after today I am wasting my time and money going to Dr. Thampy. He did bloodwork and a thyroid ultrasound. He said I have nodules on my thyroid and, regardless of having so many symptoms and problems associated with hypothyroidism, he will not treat. Just tells me to take vitamins! Obviously the year's worth of vitamins he keeps prescribing are not working. Meanwhile the problems associated with the thyroid are running rampant. So, if you don't mind waiting an hour plus beyond your appointment time every visit and you like taking high quantities of vitamins, I'd say run, don't walk to another doctor.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Dr. Thampy is the best doctor I have ever seen. I first met him in the hospital in September 2011. I had pancreatitis and he has taken over my pancreatitis and diabetes treatment. Regarding the complaints on this site (punctuality, bedside manner, and checking feet), Dr. Thampy's pre visit paperwork says your visit will be 2-3 hours (he got me out in just over 2). The exam room has a placard that says to remove your shoes upon entering the exam room and my feet were checked by his nurse. It also states that you are not to discuss other conditions and internet articles with the doctor and staff. He expects his patients to come prepared,follow his professional advice and I came ready with questions, ready to listen and to do what what I was told and I was treated very well by both the doctor and staff. I would recommend him to anyone with diabetes

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Dr. Thampy was the best doctor for my thyroid condition. He was very kind and took far more time than any other doctor to analyze my problem. His staff was extremely understanding and was ready to listen to every word I said. The waiting room is so comfortable that I almost wish I could have stayed - it is unlike any doctor's office! I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Thampy, he has really helped me in the short time I was a patient.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

I have been going to him for many years now because he was the only one on my insurance. At first I thought he was wonderful. His staff acts as if they are afraid of him. The wait time to get into a room is short but you are left sitting in the room for over an hour. It is always at least a two hour visit. The Dr. spends very little time with you after the long wait and has yawned in my face before. He will say what can I do for you as if you are a new patient, and has never looked at your chart. If you owe a balance the staff will not let you schedule an appointment no matter what your condition. They do not return your calls and they always lose your prescriptions. There is always new staff therefore, no one knows anything. He has his family work in his office as if he cant afford to hire compitent employees. I have sent emails regarding the status of my condition in which where not returned. As well as the phone calls. I do not recommend this physician if you have a choice.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

Dr. K. George Thampy's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)