Ratings for Dr. K. George Thampy

My first visit to this Doc will be my last, I should have read the reviews beforehand. When I make an appointment and pay to see a doctor, I expect to see a doctor, not be passed off to a nurse practioner. I also expect to get a reasonable plan of action to address my concerns. I also think an hour wait is too much (the national average is about 20 minutes). This guy is a real problem if you have anything to do except go to doctors appointments. He will not give any information without a face to face visit. In my case, he wanted at least 2 maybe 3 visits before treating me for hypothyroidism which he told the N.P. I had. He also got very concerned when I told him I was self-employed, to his relief, I had name brand insurance. In short, there are several 4 star and 4 star plus docs out there, don't waste your time on this one.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

The only way to be seen in a timely manner is to show up right after lunch. Dr. Thampy's office makes it a standard to double book appointment slots, and it has not been a rare experience for me to wait 2 hours in the lobby until I am called back. Then it is another 30 minutes or so until Dr. Thampy comes into the exam room, and after a very brief discussion (5-10 minutes), the appointment is over. Dr. Thampy is clearly very knowledgeable when it comes to insulin pump therapy, but it is hard to see that short, succinct visit with him as worth the 2.5 hours it takes to get to that point.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Thampy for almost 20 years now. I have never had to wait over 30 minutes for me to be called in. If you have questions ask him he will answer them. He will work with you and help you get your sugar under control trust me. But you have to also do your part in working with him. He is very soft spoken and a very caring doctor who cares about his patients. Dr. Thampy and Mrs. Thampy both are very sweet and so are their children. No other Doctors office is that compassionate. His office staff are great ladies. My husband and myself love going there and love them.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

My first appt. I did not have to wait but maybe 10 minutes - the 2nd was a little longer but I have waited much longer at a regular office visit with my primary. Dr. Thampy knows his stuff- if you ask he will explain.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Dr Thampy and his staff are excellent! My child has autism and they have shown patience and kindness above reproach!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

HAD AN APPOINTMENT FOR 11.15 AT 12.30 THERE WHERE PEOPLE WAITING THERE WHO HAD APPOINTMENTS BEFORE AN ONE OTHER PERSON HAD THE SAME 11.15 APPOINTMENT AS ME. THE WAITNG ROOM IS VERY SMALL. STAFF NOT TOO FRIENDLY. AND HE WILL NOT GIVE YOU YOU R BLOOD TESTS RESULTS ON THE PHONE. THAT WAS IT WE FOUND SOME ONE ELSE WHAT A 100% DIFFERENT

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

The Docter has a lot of knowledge but won't share it with you. He wants to be in charge of everything and not inform. Appointments are always rushed and I usually wait 2 hours after my appointment time. Staff is rude and seem unhappy. They constantly messed up prescriptions and if I called with a problem I wouldn't hear back for a week!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

my wife an me had a app at 3:45 lady came in after us an stated she had app at 4:15 but wanted to know if she could get early. they let her go in at least 15 mins before us we ended up there 2hrs .. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. TOLD DOCTOR ABOUT PROBLEM HE DIDNT SEEM TO CARE. NOT SURE IF I WILL GO BACK

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

My husband has been seeing Dr, Thampy for three or more years. He once had us wait over 2 1/2 hrs we left over booked. The Pharmasist called in our prescription and the staff didn't place the order it was over a week we ordered the Pharmasst kept calling they said they were under staffed. UNDER STAFFED how can this be anyone who sees him can see how many workers there are. His Wife and Son and more then 7 staffers or more. Something is very wrong, very wrong, If this keeps up he will lose many patients and that's not good for him. staff did not call pharmacist back for husbands prescription waited over a week. Very bad on

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Terrible office management. Long waits past appointment times (anywhere from 1-2 hrs after scheduled appointment). Dr Thampy has terrible bed-side manner. Doesn't explain results well or at all. Do not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Dr. K. George Thampy's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)