You may also like

Ratings for Dr. MICHAEL D. Dick

I consider myself blessed to have met Dr. D. He knows how to treat Fibromyalgia. I should know I have certainly suffered with the pain. It is so wonderful to be pain free!!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I was seeing his brother Stephen for back pain. I was seeing a psychiatrist for sleep problems, I yawned all day, dr.said he was an idiot when I told him I had told the psychiatrist said he wS not a yawn doctor. He is very good and got me off the oxycotin and precorsits his brother Stephen got me on

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Dick is a kind and capable doctor. But I routinely must wait for 1 ½ to 2 ½ hours at each appointment. I waited for him from 8:30 to 10:40 the last time. Finally a nurse told me he could not make it in until noon. I asked the nurse what time he usually comes in and she said 10:00 or 10:30. The reason for the long wait times became clear. When I asked why they schedule patients at 8:30 the reply was “The doctor makes us”. I found a new doctor who could not see me for months. Needing a prescription refill, I tried again to see Dr. Dick. When I was a little late the staff refused to see me, citing a "brand-new rule" and mentioned that they had received a records request from the new doc. It became clear that retribution was the reason for their refusal. When I called to reschedule the next appointment their message stated they are out of the office all week. They made me an appointment when they were closed and never informed me. This is completely unprofessional behavior!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

DR. Dick is the most knowledgeable and caring doctor I've ever met.I had been searching for a doctor like him for 10 years. He has helped me more than any other doctor I've seen. He has given me a wonderful quality of life.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Had a 9 am appointment today. One patient before me, her appointment was 8:45 am. By 10:30 I wondered why I wasn't being seen. At 10:45, I overheard another person in the waiting room say he wasn't even there yet. I asked the receptionist if he was there and she confirmed he wasn't. Seems he had to run to the electric company to get power for the new office they were moving into. Never mind that I, and I'm sure several other people there, have jobs we need to get to. He had at least 15 people in the waiting room. Being late because he had to help a patient is one thing but making people wait, without telling us it would be at least two hours, is inconsiderate and not very professional. I decided to leave, since I had to be back to Athens at noon and the receptionist said I would be seen aprox 30 minutes after he got back. And who knew when that would be. I was refunded my copay but of course I can't get back the time I wasted. I'll keep looking for a good doctor.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

I HAVE BEEN UNDER DR. D'S MEDICAL CARE FOR ABOUT 2 1/2 YRS. HE HAS GREAT BEDSIDE MANNER. HE LISTENED TO WHAT I HAD TO SAY AND HOW I WAS FEELING AND WHAT KIND OF PAIN AND SYMPTOMS I WAS HAVING. HE KNEW RIGHT OFF WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME. HE IS VERY INTELLIGENT. HE HAS GAVE ME A BETTER QUALITY OF LIFE.BEFORE I WENT TO DR.D I WAS IN A GREAT DEAL OF PAIN AND DISCOMFORT. I AM VERY THANKFUL FOR HIM HE IS A WONDERFUL DR.AND PERSON

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

I have been having back and hip problem for years.He was very helpful and understanding

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

I love Dr Dick but I dont love the long wait!! They need to schedule and stick with the aloted times.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

flag | Submitted February 26, 2012

Was very dissatisfied with his knowledge of my conditions.He always recommened cortisone shots which has caused me more pain and swellen.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Dr. MICHAEL D. Dick's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1988)

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I consider myself blessed to have met Dr. D. He knows how to treat Fibromyalgia. I should know I have certainly suffered with the pain. It is so wonderful to b..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I was seeing his brother Stephen for back pain. I was seeing a psychiatrist for sleep problems, I yawned all day, dr.said he was an idiot when I told him I had..."

February 4, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=618825'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.3

February 6, 2014