Ratings for Dr. Jeff M. Thurston

Horrible experience. I had family who had used Dr. Thurston and claimed they loved him. One of the worst experiences I have ever had. My visits were always rushed, he never took the time to listen to me or talk to me about my pregnancy or what I expected out of labor. When I actually came into labor, he passed me off to someone I had never even met so he could go to a meeting with some old friends. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

My appointment was rescheduled 3 times for his personal schedule, and my symptoms were passed off as normal for years until they resulted in the need for a very expensive surgery.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr Thurston for about 4 years now. He's a nice man, but I would NOT recommend him. The only reason he has been my OB/GYN is because I've hardly gone to him for anything other than my yearly woman's exam-and changing doctors is such a hassle. I'm switching now because my husband and I are planning on having a baby. Dr Thurston makes jokes, some of which are inappropriate. Over the years, he has spent less and less time with me during my yearly check-ups. He starts off with a joke that he gets so excited telling that he hardly has time to check my 'vitals'. The thing that disappointed me the most about him was that he had until this year insisted I needed a mammogram since now I understand it, my insurance was covering at 100% even though I was under 40 so he would write the lab and I'd have one every year except this year. So I asked him about it and his face goes blank and he says 'OHHH, have we been letting you get a mammogram every year, strange!'

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

I would recommend Dr. Thurston to anyone. I was hesitant to see a male gyno, but all of my girlfriends recommended him. After suffering a painful, early misscarraige followed by extreme pelvic pain, my previous female doc blew me off and kept telling me that MC's are common and that my paps / pelvic exams / bloodwork were clear and that I was healthy and normal.Chronic pelvic pain became worse to the point of having to skip work, business travel and social events. I was miserable! Frustrated as can be I saw a urologist, family practitioner, and a GI doc who even administered a colonoscopy. Still no verdict. Finally I broke down and started seeing Thurston. He spent lots of time with me, listening to my every word. He ran multiple tests, his nurses were so caring. After a few visits I was diagnosed with endometriosis. Today I underwent a laparoscopy and was found to be full of endometrial adhesions. The source of my pain has been found and I am clear! Thank you Thurston!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Dr. Thurston is great!I'm not sure what the person is talking about with regards to c section he delivered my baby and it was natural not c section. I

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

Very set in his ways. He wants to schedule a C section for everyone, no matter what the patient wants to do. Average doctor, that repeats as an assembly line.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

DR. THURSTON IS MY OB/GYN. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE. HIS NURSE STAFF WERE ALSO VERY KIND.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

I have beea patient of Dr. Thurston for 17 years. He is an outstanding OBGYN. He's always considerate, kind, helpful and knowledgable. To top all that, he's personable and funny. He's one of the best doctors out there. After being diagnosed with breast cancer, he contacted me personally on many occasions to ensure that I had the right attitude and determination to beat the cancer. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2009

Dr. Thurston is not my regular doctor but he delivered my son and I was so happy that he did. He is a wonderful doctor and I am sure my delivery experience wouldn't have been the same without him. He did speak about himself when I met him, but not over the top. I appreciated him letting me know a little about himself, it made me more comfortable sharing things about myself with him. I would recommend him to anyone, and I have.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

Great doctor! I have been going to him for years and think he is great. I am bothered by the comments about Dr. Thurston talking about himself, since I think this is the highest compliment someone can give me...when they share part of themselves. I think that those turned off by it are merely not used to such open communication. He always talks about what he's doing and what I'm doing. He has taken a lot of interest in my kids, especially my severely autistic son. He is willing to do whatever you need without coaxing and he trusts my opinions about what I need. I couldn't be happier with Dr. Thurston and I bought his book and it's great, too!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2009

Dr. Jeff M. Thurston's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)