Ratings for Dr. Amel Zaki

She has been our doctor for over 8 years. The new location on Bison Dr is nicer and the staff the last year seem a little more on the ball, not super efficient, but better than before. Most doctors have no idea how to run a customer service facility - so they are now better than average, but not great. Dr Zaki, is kind, caring and listens to you. Appointments may run late, but I believe it's because she is not a clock watcher - she deals with you when you're in with her. That's a good thing. Our family like her, she pretty decent and knowledgeable - not perfect, she didn't check that our daughter was allergic to penicillin in prescribing her an antibiotic, but in 8 years, that was her only slip up with us. We knew and correct the error on the spot. So overall - we are happy with her, does a decent job in a tough profession.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Zaki for the past few years. My daughter and son have also seen her. We all agree she is a great doctor. Very kind and she is a good listener. When I have had to wait for what she feels is a longer time than usual, she apologizes. I have seen many doctors, and she is someone I would definitely recommend to others. She is also good at making referrals to specialists.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

dr. Zaki is the best doctor I've ever had and I've had a lot! She really takes her time and doesn't automatically go for the drug approach. As with many comments, my only complaint is the reception. I've had to wait up to almost 3 hours for a scheduled appointment and I too have seen many walk ins come in and get ahead of me. I have no idea how this happens. Even if I am the first appointment of the morning somehow other people get ahead of me!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

Kind woman with awful work staff. I had an appointment for 10:30 am for my abnormal fever that had lasted me 2 days and for a quick flu shot. A quick 15 minutes later, I still hadn't been called in yet so I asked how long it would be till I'm in. She replied that I had been next, so I waited a while longer. Within the next few minutes, 6 people had come into the waiting room and I thought maybe they came to see the other doctors there. Next thing I know, all 6 people (who all came into the room after me) had seen the doctor and left before I even got the chance to see her. I was so confused so again I asked when it'd be my turn next. The receptionist said they'll be clearing a room for me right away, even though it was 1 hr after my appointment time. I also demanded that I be put on the walk-in clinic since other people seemed to get in ans get out before me, but no, they told me since I'moved Dr Zaki's patient, I wasn't allowed to see any other doctor they had. Who the heck decides to make a rule like that. I was sick, I needed a doctor asap because like every other person, I had plans for the day. Lunch time came around and it got even more busy and again, the staff managed to put my file behind everyone once again. I eventually gave them a hard time for making me wait 2.5 hrs while others have been seen before me. Once I made a scene, they immediately let me in. All I needed was a get my fever checked and a flu shot, and it took me nearly 3 hrs for such a simple thing. This has always been a problem from the staff, as I have been going to this clinic for the past 2 years. The reception staff at her office, are the worst. Don't waste your time .

Submitted February 4, 2015

Similar comments, Dr. Zaki is friendly, thorough and helpful but the clinic itself is ridiculous. I have waited so long sometimes and I am sure that is in part to Dr. Zaki taking a lot of time with her patients. But there are days where so many people are called and there will be no one left but somehow someone shows up and they get in ahead of me again - I guess to see the other doctors?

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Very nice woman but when I brought my son in she was quick to prescribe a drug even though she was unsure if he had an ear infection. My son was seen by a different Dr the next day and immediately recognized his symptoms as a viral infection NOT a bacterial infection. He's now on day 2 of a 10 day prescription he didn't need in the first place.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I'm a 50 year old male and have had a few doctors over my lifetime as I've moved around Canada a bit. Dr. Zaki is quite adequate, she listens and asks appropriate questions. She discusses concerns and outlines age appropriate health expectations. She errors on the side of caution at times to see specialists, but frankly so have most of my doctors that cared. In a nut shell she is a good doctor, who cares and if you listen and strive to also take responsibility for your health should serve you well as a primary care physician. The office management and staff are another matter - they do not have good business practise and for the 6 years I've been going there, old and new location, they do not seem to work to address the very simple and common practises of timely appointments, good phone instruction and messages and helpfulness at their counter. Their new answering system process just sucks, it takes 3 minutes to find ,out you just have to press 1, to speak to someone. However, the last couple months, I've had three visits due to blood work and consultation, they have been more attentive and pleasant - some new staff - but their wait times still suck - even for the first appointment of the day.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Worst doctor i have ever seen in my life. She did not care about anything I said to her during the visit. She also wouldnt write me a sick note for 2 days saying she expected me to get better in 24 hours when i had a fever the very same day.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

I will agree with the other comments. Dr Zaki is thorough but the front reception are HORRIBLE!! I went in for an appointment and one of the girls told me 2 people were ahead of me. ONE hour later and after multiple people came and went I went up to the front. She asks if I am rebooking??? I told her I havent even seen the Dr. She assured me next open room would be mine. I even asked to see the walkin Dr as I waited so long. When another patient was called I left and called to tell them about the poor service. I had a 7 week old baby with me and had to leave as he was getting fussy and when they forgot me TWICE with an appt I figured I should just go to another walk-in where I was seen very quickly with much friendlier staff. I will be looking for a new family doctor as I cant deal with staff who are so rude. The girl who wears WAY too much makeup is the nastiest. She brushed me off to the other receptionist when I went to see how much longer the wait would be.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

As a whole Dr.Zaki is pretty good. The staff at the front are however HORRIBLE!! extremely ignorant, very unhelpfull, always have an attitude. The only good one is the asain (?SORRY!!) woman. She is amazzing and always sweet!Unless you book a early appointment your gauranteed to be waiting at LEAST an hour or more! Not the doctors fault, its the dummy that answers the phone! My whole family see's Zaki and she has nothing but good. The only issues ive had with her is pushed scrips. BUT she is open to finding alternitive medicines, also I am expecting my first child. Im approx 18 weeks, still havnt had an ultrasound OR seen an obgyn but i guess shes done as much as she can in her office. (blood work,heartbeat,etc) She listens is kind and is trust worthy. (i find she takes more time with "physicals" app's otherwise your rushed.) I would recomend her to any fam or friends. Shes helped my fam with everything from the sniffles to back pain to cancer. The blood guys great too!! :)

flag | Submitted January 6, 2013