Ratings for Dr. Andrew B Hill

I had clots in my legs and he did surgery on my ĺeft leg and he did a great job. Thanks again : )

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Extremely reluctant to give his take action in my mother's case eventually resulting in her death.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I had to wait months to first meet with Dr. Hill even though I have not been able to walk without a cane for almost a year. (apparently my case was deemed not an emergency). Hmmm, really. I wonder how he would feel if he were having the e3xcrutiating pain that I have had. Finally after waiting months to see him he spent 10 minutes with me, not enough to ask the important questions. He was very cavilier when I asked how long it would be before surgery. He said it would be a few months. He had no respeonse when I repeated how much pain I had. It did not seem to matter. Now I am not even sure if he is doing the surgery or some quote specialist in radiology. On top of this, the Ottawa Vascular centre has no support groups or interim person to meet with from GP referral to the surgeon. It was like being left outside of the whole diagnosis. Still waiting for surgery??? More to come.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I would recommend Dr Hill very highly. He did surgery on my 88 year old mother 3 times for bypass in the pass years and a amputation of a leg recently. It healed very well with no problem. He always took the time to answer our questions time after time. He called us each time we needed to talk to him and this made us feel like real people and not like a number. He makes his patient and the family feel like we're important. The family thanks You Dr Hill for caring so much and my Mother Elizabeth thanks you for all the good work . Thank you for taking the time to call us back and giving us answers, this showed us you cared.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Excellent surgeon, great bedside manner he explained everything putting a layman terminology to theoperation

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

I was operated on 21 April 2013 for a carotid artery blockage. Dr. Hill and his staff are in my opinion excellent! Though extremely busy, Dr. Hill took the time to explain everything that I needed to know before my surgery and followed on a regular basis after surgery. I saw Dr. Hill today 31 Jul. 2013 for a possible similar surgery on the other side of my neck which, once again explained everything necessary for my up-coming surgery in approximately 2-3 weeks. I have 100% confidence in Dr. Hill and his very excellent medical team and would recommend him in a heart-beat(pardon the pun). I am looking forward to my surgery knowing that I am getting the very best of care by all those involved with my health.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Dr. Hill and his staff were outstanding when my husband had an iliac and femeral artery repair in January 2012. The monitoring he received a year prior to his operation and the continuing care by Dr. Hill and his Team are excellent. This surgeon is extremely skillful, has a fabulous “bed-side” manner and really put our worries at ease. I would highly recommend Dr. Hill and his Team.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

Very respectful and took the time we needed to understand proposed surgery. Made us feel well cared for.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

Staff was extremely rude. Did not want to help us at all. Huffed and puffed when asked a question. Dr. Hill wants to wait and see what happens, hello it is a timebomb that needs to be fixed please. I am so worried and he is saying okay let's see what happens!! My overall rating is I want another opinion!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

My mum went in with an aortic aneurysm, and he did perform the surgery at 7 am as my mum was an emergency. I am very thankful. However that is where it stops. I never met him until a month after discharge. He returned NONE of my requests (placed though the nurses, residents & finally voice mail) to speak with him. My mum had complications with bleeding & kidney failure & an infection. Unfortunately mum Delirious so could not remember any of the conversations with Dr. Hill, I had to play catch up constantly, even though mum had singed papers that I was to make health decisions in the event she could not. NOT EVEN ONE PHONE CALL. I wounder how he would feel if the shoe were on the other foot?

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010