Ratings for Dr. John Stewart

I saw Stewart in 2006 for a neurological problem that caused tremors, he was the rudest doctor I have ever met with to this day. At one point, he grabbed my hand and forced it down on the examining table and shouted "RELAX, RELAX!" which I obviously couldn't do. On a follow up visit, he slammed his fist down on his desk and shouted "WHY DO YOU REFUSE TO BELIEVE..." (I'll leave the details out). Let the truth be known, this man has an anger problem. Stay far away from him. His receptionist at the time was equally as rude.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

After the initial visit I have been able to get appointments in a reasonable amount of time. What I liked best was his ability to explain to me the reasons for his tests and the results of a CT scan that involved complex anatomy of the spinal column, at a level I could comprehend without oversimplifying. On the basis of the tests he was able to rule out carpals tunnel as the cause and concluded the problem was in my cervical spine. He seemed respectful and caring.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Avoid this so called doctor at all cost, he is an arrogant and a racist person, his attitude was nothing more than angry butcher. he misdiagnosed me and did every thing to brush me off , guess what I was just told by another doctor that I need a surgery which he totally missed and had an opposite opinion , terrible person

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Today was the second visit with dr Stewart, the first visit I found him to be very patient and thorough regarding my spinal cord damage from a car accident. My visit today was the extreme opposite. He was arrogant, argumentative, demeaning and indifferent to my continued symptoms from the spinal damage. He applied the same needle tests into my nerve and muscle areas, except this time he actually twisted the needles once inserted. When I cried out from pain, which led to tears coming down my face. My son waiting in the reception area told me he had come out while I was putting on the gown to tell the waiting patients that he had a difficult patient that was taking up their time slots...this is was the most degrading and humiliating dr visit I have ever experienced in my life. I left his office literally sobbing. He should be held accountable for his abusive behavior. Will not ever see him again!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

Only saw dr for about 5 min, felt brushed off, when called for a follow up reception was very rude and un supportive. Not impressed at all.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

I found Dr. Stewart to be thorough & expedient in his examination and subsequent treatment. I got what I needed which was an accurate timely diagnosis and fast aggressive treatment for a very rare, complicated, painful & disabling neurological nerve condition. He quarterbacked a complex drug treatment & procedure program which involved many other specialists & facilities. I feel I received first rate medical care overall initiated by my GP Dr. Hazlett and taken on By Dr. Stewart within days of referral. This man clearly knows his business & delivers. I think people need to align their expectations with the service they seek from professionals. I would not expect emotional support/hand holding etc. from a consulting Engineer, Architect, Lawyer, CA or any other designated professional because that is not what they do. Therapists, family & friends do that. I think it unreasonable to expect this from a Neurologist. I can say, the reception experience is always obnoxious.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

Ignored symptoms I have that are obvious.He wrote a report that was clearly biased towards cancelling my insurance claim. Do not see this so called "doctor" he is obviously biased against injured tradesman.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2012

Did not seem to really be aware of the need for following up on the results of a drug's continuance in the body - & also seemed only able to increase a drug if results were not immediate. And took offence to a patients reactions in an unprofessional manner. Overdosed my needs, rather than to research cause & effect.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

Excellent and caring doctor! Extremely dedicated to his work.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2011

Dr. Stewart was very rude, asked questions and would not allow me to explain my answer to his questions. 'He commented that the way this was going we'd be hear all evening'.....! He made me cry...as I was in so much pain at the time and he was so combative. My appointment was interrupted twice as he was on call for the hospital and I should of left the office while he was out taking his calls.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011