Ratings for Dr. Vance Makin

Visit seemed fine, but now have waited 3 months for his report to be sent to my GP. I consider that most unprofessional and borders onto malpractice.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Had to wait six months for an appointment. Could not trace the record of my initial visit 12 years ago. Took two months for his report to reach my doctor who then ordered the MRI which his report recommended. In total it has taken 14 months to reach the stage of a preliminary assessment.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2010

He was very concerned and sent me for further testing. As he is a specialist, his report was sent to my family GP with recommendations for appropriate follow up. Perhaps specialists need to be called consultants again, so that people don't expect to see them over and over again simply because they've been to see them once 'in consultation'. Just my opinion.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

Very knowlegable, very interested in my problem. Went out of his way to help me and gave me lots of time in my appointment, I didn't feel rushed.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2009

Concerned more with his other cosmetic interests and not that helpful. Was treated & diagnosed by another Dr. in the same hospital and helped finally with my problem.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2008

Not much follow-up- saw him for an initial MRI - he never followed through and I was later diagnosed by another doctor

flag | Submitted December 28, 2007

Found him reasonable with his diagnosis. Too the point when discussing ailments.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2007

I found him less than concerned about me, more concerned about his other interests within the cosmetic industry.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2007