You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Shaun Tregoning

I had an awful experience with dr tregoning. He slapped me with the label of "unexplained infertility" and the only course of action he offered was iui at over $700 a go! He was rude, abrupt and had zero bedside manner. The reception staff were mixed: there was one lovely lady and one rude one. I left there in tears and cried in the parking lot for ages. I sought a naturopath instead. He definitely seems interested in recommending expensive treatment rather than finding out what the problem actually is.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

We were sent to Dr.Tregoning for fertility aid after fighting the battle of unexplained infertility for many years. This doctor is one of the most insincere doctors I have ever met. He really doesn't seem to have any apathy for his patients and their sensitive circumstances. When we would ask questions about our circumstances or how to improve them, he seemed to have very little knowledge on the different factors that can be detrimental to fertility and conceiving; diet, stress, etc. etc. he had no tips or pointers, he even told me cervical mucus didn't matter, pretty sure it does. When we did a series of 'iui' treatments, which is uncomfortable to say the least, he shouted at me to relax- you relax as I shove this up your wa-zoo! This is a sensitive time for any couple and it needs to be handled in a sensitive caring way. Also during one of our visits, he coughed half a dozen times right into his hands, not good to see a health professional showing such disregard for germs, makes you wonder. Overall, I don't recommend him

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Dr Tregoning used to be a very compassionate doctor and seemed to really care about his patients.I don't know what has happened,;he no longer is kind and caring.Very rude/cold,and gave incorrect medical advice. When I had a request for a second opinion,his rude little secretary cancelled my appointment/consult and told me he would not see me anymore. This is the doctor who used to be so supportive and involved with SANE and worked with sexual abuse victims and other women affected by PTSD. So disappointed and let down.He is a very skilled surgeon .It's just too bad that he has lost his compassion and empathy for those who desperately need doctors like how he used to be.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

We as patients have real doubt about his professional knowledge-because our IVF procedure turned to be very unsuccessful and a great moral trauma for all the family.The doctor is very cold, unapproachable and very rude at times. He completely forbids patients to contact him by personal cell. phone even in cases of emergency. He completely damaged my health by the wrong selection of hormone treatment and sprays, prescribed in a wrong time,which caused me to lose a baby. My uterus lining was damaged by his treatment, though I am a woman at a full reproductive age. His approach to patient is one of a businessman, earning money, not as a doctor. He supports his unbalanced, drug-addict, rude and neurotic staff .We inform others to be highly aware of the careless attitude of the doctor's staff.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I'm a transgender male, and Dr Tregoning performed a complete laparoscopic hysterectomy on me. The procedure itself went smoothly and my recovery has been good, but I had to travel out to Abbotsford multiple times on a long bus ride and his staff weren't very helpful and usually are impatient like I should be thanking them for even bothering to do their job, and the receptionist with a South African accent walks the line of rudeness. They often rescheduled appointments, including my surgery date with little notice or flexibility, which was super inconvenient and stressful because I need to keep my job too! It's like everyone is unaware that people work and have commitments. I think he's overbooked constantly and takes on too many patients, because as someone with part time work, they still managed to make it difficult. Like I said, he did a good job of performing the surgery and my recovery has been pretty smooth, but it hasn't been hassle-free. He does have a slight air of arrogance about him, but I can forsake beside manner for a job well done.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

I was referred to this monster for an IUD. He was very rough and treated me like I did not speak english. When I told him he was hurting me, he told me that I'm too sensitive and would have to have a general anaesthetic to have an IUD. He did not explain anything and I felt I was pressured to sign the forms. I felt assaulted. I went to another gynecologist and had the IUD put in with no problem and mild discomfort. When I called to cancel the surgery, his receptionist was very rude. Dr. Tregoning just wants to do uneccessary surgery and does not care about patients. If you are booked to do any surgery with him, go for a second opinion!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

I am female to male transgender. Dr. Tregoning did my hysto and I am so happy that I went to him. I had some bleeding that had started back up between 4-7 weeks. As soon as I phoned saying I was bleeding they had got me in immediately to see him, I had seen him multiple times during that period until the bleeding was finally stopped. Any examination or work that needed to be done in uncomfortable places, he completed very quick. He does everything he can to make you as comfortable as he can in an awkward situation. His reception staff are super nice also. I would recommend Tregoning to anyone needing a gyno, I would definitely very strongly recommend him to any trans guy planning on getting a hysto.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

I recently had a full hysterectomy with Dr. T and to be honest I am very displeased with him. He never saw me before or after the surgery. I traveled from out of town to see him specifically and was treated very poorly. His reception staff are terrible. They are difficult to talk to and don't care much for the patients. I had my surgery 2 months ago and now had a second surgery to correct what he did. He made a wrong incision causing my lower intestine to fall into where my cervix would've been. This is ridiculous and I highly suggest looking elsewhere for a doctor. I have now lost a months pay at work and all trust in specialized doctors.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I was in labor at ARHCC and they had to call a code OB on me. Dr Tregoning was the dr on call and came quickly. He noticed that I had a keloid scar from my previous csection and informed me that he removed it and was giving me a new one. My old one had been staples shut and it was clear he had read up on my medical history on his way to the hospital. He sewed me up with disolvable sutures that I coulsnt even see because he sewed them under my skin. Then he injected a steroid into the area to prevent the incision from over scarring again. All this he just did without my even having to ask! I felt so taken care of that he would take the time to do that for me. I am two weeks post op and have had way less pain in my incision site then my previous experience, and already my incision is looking 100x better then the previous one.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr. Shaun Tregoning's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had an awful experience with dr tregoning. He slapped me with the label of "unexplained infertility" and the only course of action he offered was iui at over ..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "We were sent to Dr.Tregoning for fertility aid after fighting the battle of unexplained infertility for many years. This doctor is one of the most insincere do..."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tregoning used to be a very compassionate doctor and seemed to really care about his patients.I don't know what has happened,;he no longer is kind and caring..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "We as patients have real doubt about his professional knowledge-because our IVF procedure turned to be very unsuccessful and a great moral trauma for all the fa..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I'm a transgender male, and Dr Tregoning performed a complete laparoscopic hysterectomy on me. The procedure itself went smoothly and my recovery has been good,..."

September 15, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Don't waste your time with him. Go to a bigger Fertility Center with modern equipment and more knowledge. "

August 14, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to this monster for an IUD. He was very rough and treated me like I did not speak english. When I told him he was hurting me, he told me that I'm..."

August 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am female to male transgender. Dr. Tregoning did my hysto and I am so happy that I went to him. I had some bleeding that had started back up between 4-7 wee..."

July 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I recently had a full hysterectomy with Dr. T and to be honest I am very displeased with him. He never saw me before or after the surgery. I traveled from out ..."

June 26, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V2S0" to "V2S 3N7". Address has been updated from "None" to "2309 McCallum Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16045571111".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was in labor at ARHCC and they had to call a code OB on me. Dr Tregoning was the dr on call and came quickly. He noticed that I had a keloid scar from my prev..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just had an IUI procedure done, I am very pleased with Dr. Tregoning's gentle care during the Procedure, his willingness to answer all my and my husband's qu..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so thankful that I was referred to Dr. T. I, like the majority of clients who go to see him, have been dealing with infertility issues since 2008. Dr T and..."

September 17, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I'm very disappointed with Dr. Tregoning and his lack of sincerity and care. When you're referred to someone you have no choice but to trust their opinion, espe..."

September 16, 2014