Ratings for Dr. Shaun Tregoning

Reading about that Infertility doctor who used his own sperm made me think of Dr. Tregoning's backwater operation. I am so grateful my IUI didn't work, I would be seriously stressed if it did! For peace of mind, go somewhere else. Pacific Centre for Reproductive Medicine was great and very professional, and my treatment there was successful, luckily. I don't know, just wanted to put it out there. I know what it's like.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr. Tregoning insisted I need a D+C because I had a little bit of spotting on 2 occaissions. My family Dr. thought this was strange and sent me to another Dr. who did a biopsy in the office and it was fine. His staff was really angry when I called to let them know I don't need surgery. Does it pay better or something? Don't trust these people!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Dr. Tregoning is a smart business man. He has no competition in this area and his clients are generally desperate and stressed women. Therefor, he can get away with having very little bedside manner, poor communication, incompetent staff (his sister btw), and no credit/debit payment option. I am sorry for you woman that had to read the post from September 20th- this person called us idiots and also bragged about having a healthy child. Nice one! I was certainly not looking for Dr. Tregoning to console me. However, I would like him to communicate better and to be honest with me. The longest conversation I had with him was all centered around his daughter. He knew I was an educator and so wanted to tell me how amazing his daughters private school in Vancouver was. We talked for 20 minutes that day. When I went in today to do an IUI he said 15 words to me- I counted- then he left me without helping me cover my body- the sheet fell on the floor. His sister came into the room 5 minutes later to grab something she needed for another client and I was left exposed. This felt very unprofessional and frustrated me because I paid 450$ for this 15 minute treatment. His sister Kim also forgot to send in a request for my blood work to be done (she tried to blame it on a faulty fax machine) and so this completely messed up my chance to take more medication. She was unable to bring herself to say "sorry." So like a said before, A+ for business sense. They provided me with a poor service and still got my cash. Client service and care was a huge FAIL. Please ladies, do some research and see if there are better options in Vancouver. I will be doing this in the future if need be. It's worth it for our mental health, which is an important thing.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

How do you contact a patient on here or comment under? I just read a post submitted from May 28 this year and it was almost word for word my experience! I would love to contact her and let her know she is not the only one

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I was in hospital with a repeat of an issue from 5 yrs ago and Dr. Tregoning was great. He is abit on the aloof side prior to surgery but I understand that. There is alot at stake and he needs to be focussed etc. After the operation he was in great humour and seemed very happy with the results as was I. Kudos Dr. Tregoning!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

I don't understand the negative reviews. The only explanation is that most people are idiots and dont want to take responsibility for the situation they are in. I was treated very well by Dr Tregoning and staff. They are not there to be your buddy and console you (when you probably do need consoling)...but they care and are doing the best they can to help if you are not a moron and don't expect too much. I feel like people are too quick to blame on a doctor when they don't know something... it's called unexplained fertility for a reason!! It took almost 3 years, countless iui treatments and 2 IVF rounds to get pregnant. It was no one's fault it took so long and was such a struggle. Dr Tregoning was very kind throughout and was optimistic, but never offered false hope. All we could do was keep trying and hope for the best. No, he doesn't have time to coddle you if you don't get pregnant for the umpteenth time...he's too busy trying to help everyone who comes to see him. What a busy waiting room! I'm very grateful to have met him. With his help and guidance I now have a happy, healthy child. Don't expect someone else to fix your situation. You need to be your own advocate and put in the time, money, and effort! Doctors are not magicians!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Only cares about money. I felt like he wanted my treatments to fail so he can keep charging for more. Cash only indeed!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

I don't quite understand the other negative reviews here. I am a doctor myself and he has been nothing short of professional. If I want someone to give me counselling services regarding my infertility I would see a psychologist... As for his fees he charges reasonable rates. I have several friends who have undergone same treatment in Vancouver and Alberta, both cost more than what Tregonings fees are. So not sure why that is an issue. Infertility is expensive to treat regardless. He does not take a ton of time with small talk. But any questions I have had have been appropriately and thoroughly answered. Couldn't have expected or demanded anything more. Very happy to have been referred to him for treatment. Beats driving into Vancouver or Surrey!! Helped me finally get pregnant after a year and a half of trying. Can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

Dr. T is 100% by far the WORST doctor I've met. I could write a huge long thing about why I don't like him but that honestly is not worth it. For someone who deals with people who are having issues getting pregnant he is the most insensitive person for that job. Please ladies just stay away and go find somebody who is going to take your issue seriously and not just for your money.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

DO NOT GO TO DR TREGONING!!!! Horrible doctor and horrible receptionist (I think she is his sister). Very rude receptionist lied to me. I'm giving them my lowest rating. Absolutely horrible!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016