Ratings for Dr. Shaun Tregoning

I went to Dr. Tregoning years ago in his Abbotsford location. He walked in the office before me and told the receptionist that he wouldn't be seeing anyone that day. I had waited months for that appointment. When I did finally see him, his knowledge was impressive and his care was great. Had surgery and ended up in emerg days after. The emerg doctor ordered an ultrasound and I overheard the phone conversation the unit clerk had with Dr. T. about coming in to see me. He would not see me nor give results of my surgery because another doctor had ordered an ultrasound. To say that the next year resulted in several referrals that landed me at BC Womens Hospital and I'm thankful for the care of my OBGYN there and the followup/hysterectomy that followed. Dr. T completely dropped the ball and I can only assume his ego was greatly involved. It's his way or the highway people.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

After spending a lot money and going through different tests and treatments we were diagnosed with un-explained infertility. A second opinion and "better" testing resulted in us actually knowing the problem. Now we can focus on a targeted treatment.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

Dr. Tregoning is very professional and friendly. Both him and the office manager (Kim) are quick and to the point but they are more than happy to answer all your questions or go over things in more details if you don't understand something or you want clarification. I think they may sometimes forget that their patients don't necessarily know the terms/procedures they talk to you about so don't be afraid to ask questions if something doesn't make sense. I can see how people think Kim is rude, but she's actually quite nice; she's just busy and focused. This office deals with a lot of people going through difficult/stressful situations so I'm sure people aren't always pleasant to deal with. I have been to their office several times and have been quite pleased with them overall.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

He kept saying he was going to refer my wife to a specialist in Vancouver but never did. I eventually phoned the specials in Vancouver and made an appoint mirectly after she tried and failed to have him provide the referral. The specialist was surprised he had performed a mesh implant on my wife, knowing that she had previously received vaginal radiation as part of a cancer treatment. The mesh had to be removed and has caused my wife all sorts of problems ever since.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

I am a family physician out of the area and have shared a number of difficult patients with Dr. Tregoning. Rarely do I find a specialist who is as helpful keeping the family doctor in the loop, or who goes the extra mile with patients whether they have transgender issues or severe osteoporosis. I think he is a gem. I see a number of negative comments from people dealing with infertility issues, but honestly that is the most stressful and difficult area to specialize in and the very fact he addresses the most challenging areas of his field is impressive.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Excellent physician. Very professional and compassionate.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

People wonder why people leave negative comments? May I suggest you haven't been going through surgeries and procedures for four years and facing a huge surgery due to incompetence!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

I went to Shaun a year ago and found out I had a blocked tube and a low progesterone level.he recommended artificial insemination and I got pregnant the first time!! I now have a baby after trying for a year and a half before and it's all thanks to him. I even have my son Shaun's name as his middle name as I'm so thankful for what he has done for me.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

When you are infertile the last thing you need is extra stress, but I feel like this place was adding so much extra unnecessary stress. Time is precious when you have a limited amout to conceive, don't waste it. I regret wasting a long time there when I could have been in better hands.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

He's not playing around! Dr. Tregoning is quick! He gets right to the point, very professional and skilled. He's helped me so much, where a certain other Doctor jerked me around for years. Dr. Tregoning did in 1 year what took my other doctor 5 years to NOT do. Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017