Ratings for Dr. Kathleen A. Iveson

I have been a patient of Dr Iveson over 10 years, since she started her private practice, and I really appreciated the care I received. However, since she has joined TMCOne it has become almost impossible to get an appointment. I called in August to schedule a routine physical and was told she has no available appointment until February 2017! When I called pharmacy for a refill of a medication, it took pharmacy 4 attempts, and 10 days to get call back. When I called for a severe respiratory infection I was referred to a nurse practitioner at another office. She is too busy for me, I am finding another PCP, not in TMCOne group.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

First. I have been a patient of Dr. Iveson for many years and LOVED her. Very caring, knowledgeable and felt like I was going to a friend. Unfortunately, she moved her office and is now part of TMC One and things are not the same. As my primary physician, I visit for annual physicals and the things that pop up from time to time. My specialists take care of my diabetes control and related concerns. In mid 2015 I scheduled my annual physical and waited several week to be fit in to the fray and was given an appointment in June. Days before this appointment I started having strange stomach issues and they resulted in an emergency room visit. Happily, I knew I was vising Dr. Iveson within a few days, and would be able to discuss it. Once at the appointment Dr. Iveson told me she did not have time in her 15-minute increment based schedule to address my current issue and the physical I had waited so long for. Instead, she said I needed to choose what I wanted to talk to her about. While I should have walked out then, I stayed, concerned with what was going on with my stomach and shocked I would have to choose. I left, rescheduling my Physical for the next available appointment, in DECEMBER. Just this morning I was heading into my appointment scheduled for 9:30a. As I was driving in, I encountered a traffic stoppage on Houghton Road, the only direct corridor into town from Corona de Tucson. I called the office 40 minutes ahead of time to let them know that I may be 10-15 minutes late for my appointment. The very nice receptionist put me on hold saying she needed to talk to Dr. Iveson. When she returned, she said that Dr. Iveson didn't want to "short change" my 30 minute physical by fifteen minutes and felt it may be best for me to reschedule. Again, married to her fifteen minute increment plan rather than shifting a waitng patient ahead of me and letting me fill in when I arrive. Now, I was late, and I fully accept this. I also understand that the keeping the schedule benefits the following patients. Even though a waiting patient my have been happy to go ahead of me in my temporary absence. And while this may seem on the surface that she is concerned about "my" care and wanting me to have my full time with her, the recent track record shows a complete dedication to her fifteen minute "herding" of patients. It is a true shame that Dr. Iveson is more concerned with the mighty dollar and keeping the herd moving than she is with taking the time to work with the patients. I reluctantly dissolved my patient relationship with Dr. Iveson this morning. It is a true shame. I have been a true fan.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Outstanding. I have seen Dr Iveson for years and she is wonderful. She goes out of her way to explain her recommendations in detail. She is very thorough. Her communication is very clear. She listens. I wholeheartedly recommend this doctor !!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

If you need a doctor that you can ask questions of and learn about your options, don't see this one. She is very insecure about medical questions and everything. Sits behind her monitor (you on the other side) afraid of face to face contact. She is best with very old women who don't ask questions. I like to have my lab records to keep track of my numbers. Don't ask for those either or she will boot you from her practice! Happened to me. Best thing to happen, I now have an excellent doctor. Her office is always empty. Her staff is great (in spite of her). I am a woman in my late 50's. Come out of the dark ages Dr. Iveson, you are too young to be this way. People today are more educated and have more questions than in the 1950's.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Dr was not informed on latest treatments available. Unwilling to communicate with patient. Too conservative and old school for my preference. Polite, practiced responses with no thoughts of own. Robotic. Impersonal.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

Dr.Iveson as been my doctor for 5 years now and will not go to another doctor. He staff is ALWAYS friendly as is Dr.Iveson. he is very good about staying on time.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

She is a truly excellent MD. I have no idea what these bad reviews are about.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

Dr Iveson is good as long as you are not sick. She refuses too return calls and seems like she has no idea even about simple problems. She is not very smart about symptoms. Is not helpful at all.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

My husband is a physician, so I know a good doctor when I meet one. Dr. Iveson is top notch; extremely thorough and knowledgable. Her followup is superb.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2010

Dr Iveson was our physician for almost 10 years. Over time she lost her good office staff, and her personal touch. She began referring us to other providers because she didn't know simple answers... became judgemental and was not understanding when we filed for bankruptcy and owed her $30... and one time she even sanitized a chair before sitting on it when our 1-year-old had been sitting there while we waited for her.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

Dr. Kathleen A. Iveson's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Harvard-Pilgrim