Ratings for Dr. Carolyn Campbell

Dr Campbell is an amazing doctor and has a wonderful bedside manner, she has always been kind and caring always listening to my concerns, I came to her after my cervical cancer had come back after me being in remission just under a year, I recently found out that she is retiring and will be greatly missed as a doctor,friend and oncologist. Thank you Dr Campbell for everything you did for me...

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Campbell does medical oncology. She is very friendly, good about being on time (rarely did I ever have to wait more than 15 minutes), and because she's the head of the department has some additional pull to get things done. Her staff were also consistently good. Unfortunately because she's the head of the department she is also sometimes tied up in administrative work, and seems very hesitant to ruffle anyone's feathers. She is competent, but not particularly insightful or creative. Fortunately she is very willing to take suggestions. If you just need standard treatment and don't want to know the details, she's great. If you want to get involved, offer suggestions and choose treatment options, she's great. If you have a difficult case, and don't have the time/energy/education/disposition to come up with suggestions, then she might not be the best option. I got her to arrange meetings with other physicians (e.g. radiation, surgery, palliative care, infectious disease) to get their ideas

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I have met with Dr Campbell on 2 occasions. The 1st was in 2011 when I had a bone scan with my newly diagnosed breast cancer (stage 2-3lymph nodes involved). There was a slight uptake in the lesser trochanter. I was told it was a bone spur. She said at the time we would treat it differently if it was cancer. No one diagnosed it as cancer, therefore, I was put on Tamoxifen & never seen again by her. Fast forward to 2013, January. I went to my PCP with leg pain. She had 6 X-rays taken of the leg as well as a bone scan. Guess what-breast cancer to bone cancer. Back to GRCC & Dr Campbell. Her comment-"isn't it something that none of our experts (her included) caught this." So now I've had a piece of bone let go & am a candidate for a rod in my femur. I'm getting pamidronate infusions & was told she wouldn't be seeing me again for a year. Not feeling the love-am changing drs if I can. She & her mistakes have shortened my life!!!! She talks the talk.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I am currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer. Recently (a few days after treatment 3) I had a violent reaction to Neulasta (a drug injected 25+ hours after chemo. The situation was acute and I my life was under threat. Dr. Campbell assembled a team of doctors in various specialities and they managed to halt my decline into respiratory failure. During my stay in hospital Dr. Campbell visited regularly and apprised me of what had happened, what they were doing, and discussed treatment options. She was nothing but kind, caring, knowledgeable and professional. Due to the odd hours she visited me I knew she was fitting me into already packed schedule. She also was simply friendly and we bounced more than one quip off one another. I know she is the doctor to guide me through the remainder of my treatments.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Diagnosed with early stage breast cancer, negative lymph nodes. Dr. Campbell was only interested in recommending chemo and tamoxifen. She did not provide me with info on a test called Onco Type DX ($4000) which OHIP covers. This test helps you decide if the cancer is aggressive and likelihood of recurrence. Do not rely on her - make sure you do your research. Request a PET Scan to make sure you are clear everywhere else. Cancer is a chronic disease, not a local disease. As I was, you may feel rushed into treatment options- just slow down and don't be afraid. Feel free to contact me through this post.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Seems very knowledgable. Have had her for the last year and find her at times dismissive. Talks to easily about herself and not me.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

This doctor came to aid my mother after hours, to make her more comfortable as she died from cancer.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

If you are looking for an oncologist in the KW area, you cannot go wrong with this doctor. Dr. Campbell is a caring, knowledgeable and well-respected doctor. I always felt that I was getting the best care from her and her staff.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

On my first visit with this doctor, she did not volunteer information; I had to ask for it, and I came away wondering if I had asked the right questions. Later on, inaccurately reported my tumour markers to me by rounding them to whole numbers. Yes, I know that the decimal doesn't matter that much - but why round them? Her reports to my family doctor had errors in them such as the dates I saw her. Every appointment I had with her was rescheduled. I felt that this doctor's regular nurse was impatient and unfriendly on the phone, and there was one occasion where she did not return my call. On the plus side, if I felt that I needed scans, this doctor arranged for them to be scheduled as soon as possible. She also made sure that I spelled medications correctly and that my notes (when I took them) accurately reflected what was discussed. She also was very patient with me when I was upset due to pain. This doctor is very nice and others might like her, but she is not the right doctor for me.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2007

I was treated by Dr Campbell when I was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma 4yrs ago. I was very skeptical of the whole medical system and Its treatment of cancer. She gave me the information I needed to move forward with my treatment in a positive , confident manor.She gave me great advise and helped me emotionally and physically beat the cancer. I'm doing great and feeling wonderful and I owe that to Dr Campbell

flag | Submitted June 3, 2007