Ratings for Dr. Richard M. Butlig

I had an incredibly painful ear infection, after trying to ignore it for a few days I decided to see a doctor. Sat in the waiting room for nearly 2 hours because the doctor was "stuck in traffic." I finally was pulled into a exam room and saw a physicians assistant who gave me a diagnosis and told me that legally I required a physical and blood work before they could do anything for me, they claimed this was due to the new healthcare laws. After declining a physical and bloodwork I finally agreed to the tests. The PA gave me a diagnosis, which I questioned, and the PA called in the doctor who gave me a different diagnosis and a prescription for some antibiotics. Later in the day I called the office again and told them that I was experiencing a ton of pain in my ear and that taking ibuprofen was not helping. They said they would call in a prescription to my pharmacy. I go to the pharmacy only find out they prescribed me more ibuprofen 800mg. After a few days the pain was not subsiding so I contacted the office again and explained my situation. They said they could call in a different prescription. I show up to the pharmacy and it turns out they gave me a new antibiotic, one that is used to treat THE PLAGUE. Again, this is simply for an ear infection. Thank god I read the side effects on this medication, because when mixed with ibuprofen it can result in seizures and torn ligaments. I called the doctor and asked what I should do, he told me to continue with the original antibiotic, and start taking the new one. THE WHOLE REASON I CALLED THE LAST TWO TIMES WERE FOR PAIN. The day of my follow up appointment I was having car troubles. I tried to call to reschedule and no one answered. I called several times within the next few days and no one answered. No one bothered to call to see why I had missed my follow up appointment. At this point my ear infection was mostly cleared up so I thought I would move on. Fast forward to a month later. I received a bill in the mail for 1300 dollars worth of blood tests. They tested for everything under the sun, including a prostate hormone check (I'm 25 years old.). I was told that the blood work fell under the category of physical and that it would be covered by my insurance, otherwise I would have refused it (as I tried to do). I never even got my test results because I was unable to reschedule with the doctor. This has been by far the worst experience with a doctor in my entire life. I would never recommend this Doctor, and am considering filing a complaint with the BBB. Stay away for your own health.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Dr. Butlig is very difficult to schedule an appoint with; you are forced to see a nurse practioner. Too many offices The nurse I saw, was not thorough and did not even note the correct information regarding my complaint. She referred to the wrong side of my body in both the request for xrays and the letter to a specialist. I have zero confidence that any of the test performed were correct, including my blood work. Just as important is the fact that the doctor or nurse does NOT call back.I have called 6 times and left messages requesting to discuss my test results with the nurse practioner or doctor and have not received a personal call back from a medical professional. The office receptionist called me and tried to give me the results of my blood work and xrays but did not have all of the information and it was incorrect anyway as it referred to the wrong side of my body. I do not recommend this doctor or associated offices if you want qualified, professional medical attention.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

This doctor is very caring and knowledgeable. He took the time to explain my medical condition to me. However, the front office is really rude, unprofessional and unorganized. He needs to hire new staff to help him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

this dr was okay the one time i saw him, but hes never in his office!!!!! hes LUCKY enough to have a nurse pratitioner that is amazing!! she is better than all the other drs ive ever seen. he has two offices so becareful the one in carson is filled with rude people!!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

Dr. Richard M. Butlig's Credentials

• Hindi

• Manila Central Univ, Coll Of Med, Caloocan City, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 2000)

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I had an incredibly painful ear infection, after trying to ignore it for a few days I decided to see a doctor. Sat in the waiting room for nearly 2 hours becaus..."

December 15, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=616069'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 6, 2014