Ratings for Dr. Cecile Ryder

Dr.Cecile A. Ryder is remarkably understanding and very understanding, I've never ever had someone like her! she's been my doctor for the last 14 years and much has been achieved, I find her to be very understanding and much more !

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

An amazing doctor. I have been in many counseling 'therapies' before, and what the other doctors did, was to give me more medicine and if not working to try another brand. Psychiatric problems are very complex and not easy to deal with. People need to talk with someone about their problems. Dr. Ryder was the best in counseling as she was getting into my problems, understand them and tried to help with some advices the best she can. She also get involved finding a better career that might fit my needs and she did a lot of research to help me cope with my depression. So far I need to express myself and expose my problems, but no friends around to listen. But Dr. Ryder was always available for me. She always answered my phone calls, respond to my e-mails, and in person did counseling as I needed. This is why I highly rate Dr. Ryder. She is always available when you need it.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

smart lady. goes out of her way to help patients. she will talk to you on the phone during non patient times.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

I waited over two years to post this review so I could have clarity and distance from my experience to give a discerning review of this doctor. My experience is Dr. Ryder is disorganized, demeaning and utterly useless as a therapist. She didn't take a social history of my experiences, constantly told me about hers (assaulted by a client, a back injury and personal aspects of her life - highly inappropriate) and how she problem solved her own situation. I always felt like she was trying to do counseling from a solution focused perspective and dismissed the distress and complexity of my experiences and made me feel even more lousy and hopeless then before. I needed to navigate through the multiple stressors I was experiencing instead of the demeaning and highly degrading experience with Dr. Ryder. Dr. Ryder, your clients need therapy, not a pizza party that makes you feel better. I felt chided, dismissed and her skills were uttering lacking.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

She does not understand the difference between being a friend versus being a physician

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Dr. Ryder is caring and extremely accomodating in appointment scheduling. I truly believe that she saved my husbands life when he was suicidal after losing a job he had for nearly 20 years. He is now working at a better paying job with people who appreciate him more. I myself have been depressive for most of my life - I was diagnosed with severe endogenous depression at age 11 and am nearly 50 now. Even with medication, I have never tested as better than moderately depressed, and most antidepressants have had intolerable side-effects. Dr. Ryder has been willing to modify my treatments to try to obtain relief without adverse reactions, and I believe that her mastery of pharmacology is instrumental for this.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

solid,listens well, sees big picture, resourceful, practical,Knows where to draw line, explains reasons for doing things, encourages courage, leaves door open to call, returns calls, assists in helping off unneccesary medication

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

She is truly an angel. Regarding her personality : she really cares about her patients, she makes herself available any time, any where. (she even does home visits which I have rarely seen any specialist to do so) She knows how to develop a wonderful doctor-patient relationship. As a physician: she is very knowledgeable, professional and open minded.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2012

Dr. Ryder is a gem! She truly cares about her patients and listens to their concerns working with them towards a common goal. I never thought that a psychiatrist would be beneficial since I only struggle with anxiety but she helped me a lot without the use of drugs. She's the best!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2011

Dr. Ryder is by far the nicest doctor i have ever had. I wish i had been recommended earlier. When i saw her i was at my worst, and she has helped me get back to happy healthy place. thank you

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011